Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think its less "undecideds" and more "moderates/etc who have voted mostly blue for the last couple years thinking that the GOP is saner then it is. obviously we know they are wrong because we post here every day talking about it. but most people arnt politicaly tuned in, even those who pull the lever for D everytime.

I mean, I can sort of understand why they might think that way. "Surely the Republicans wouldn't be so monumentally stupid as to renominate the guy who lost the last election, tried to overthrow the results of that election, and is now facing several criminal trials?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
What’s the over/under on how soon Lindell eats a barrel of a gun over losing all avenues for ads and selling his lovely pillows?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BigglesSWE posted:

My mental picture of undecideds will forever be that dipshit in 2016 that was made into a meme after a debate, and was then promptly outed as an internet creep when he tried to ride that grift train of 15 minutes fame.

Ed Balls? Or Ken Bone, always get those two mixed up

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

My mental picture of undecideds will forever be that dipshit in 2016 that was made into a meme after a debate, and was then promptly outed as an internet creep when he tried to ride that grift train of 15 minutes fame.

Ken Bone truly was the perfect representation of dumbass undecided voters. Almost every stereotype wrapped into a single person.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Poor Ken just wanted to post on Reddit with his friends about beautiful human submarines. For shame.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The panel of undecided voters that they assemble for the final presidential debate always manage to astonish with how utterly loving stupid each and every one of them are, it's one of my favorite events of the election cycle.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DaveWoo posted:

I mean, I can sort of understand why they might think that way. "Surely the Republicans wouldn't be so monumentally stupid as to renominate the guy who lost the last election, tried to overthrow the results of that election, and is now facing several criminal trials?"

yeah. also just, politics doesnt click forthem until like july in election years.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Will he ever put it together that Trump is the reason his company is dying and he's being sued for a bazillion dollars for spreading lies?

Dude seemed to be on top of the world before Trump.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Civil posted:

Will he ever put it together that Trump is the reason his company is dying and he's being sued for a bazillion dollars for spreading lies?

Most Qcumbers and magasharts will sooner blame anyone but themselves or their orange god for their misfortunes.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Civil posted:

Wasn’t that just all the cocaine?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/susannecraig/status/1745875236149440586

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24359048-trump-fee-decision

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

a surprisingly large percentage of people don’t know which ones are the democrats and which ones are the republicans. any poll right now is gonna be weird and hard to interpret and Nate should know better than to take any of them seriously. however,

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:hmmyes:

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

Are you talking about Ken Bone?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

sugar free jazz posted:

any poll right now is gonna be weird and hard to interpret and Nate should know better than to take any of them seriously. however,

It seems like that's precisely what Nate is saying - poll match-ups are comparing one party that knows its candidate will be Biden with another party where 75% of the voters aren't conceding that Trump will be their candidate, so current polls comparing Biden/Trump aren't reflective of the real Biden/Trump voter sentiment and will probably significantly under-count Biden's advantage.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Can’t Biden simply go on record and state that as President, he does not have magical “absolute immunity” and no other President, past or future, does or should do. Could he even do an executive order declaring it?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Stoatbringer posted:

Can’t Biden simply go on record and state that as President, he does not have magical “absolute immunity” and no other President, past or future, does or should do. Could he even do an executive order declaring it?

I don't think you can take away a prior POTUS's immunity through EO, so probably not. Biden and Trump can both declare up and down what they believe the extent of POTUS immunity to be, but this is a question that is ultimately decided by the courts.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Stoatbringer posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the job of the Supreme Court and Biden doesn't have that power

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Why doesn't Biden simply drone strike the supreme court??

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Trump getting the nomination then losing to Biden on his way to prison would be the funniest outcome. He'd probably be on Truth calling for violence outright at that point and nobody would actually do anything.

But if he someone loses the nom that would be cool too because I'm gonna be stressed as gently caress up until the election.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

GA RICO judge

E Jean Carroll

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

vaginite posted:

lol undecided voters are morons

I kind of figured by now if you committed like 100 felonies and have five court cases going simultaneously that you would probably be behind bars, but I guess that’s only for people that steal candy bars from 7-Eleven.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

priznat posted:

They’d have to decide he has immunity beforehand, I guess. Otherwise we would never know if he’d been allowed to do it or not.

A paradox!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

priznat posted:

In a 6-3 decision, the Supreme Court has ruled that only Republican presidents are allowed to assassinate Supreme Court Justices and stipulated that this ruling only applies to liberal Justices.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Aramis posted:

Ken Bone truly was the perfect representation of dumbass undecided voters. Almost every stereotype wrapped into a single person.

Ken Bone was good for one thing and that was a quick reference for foreign folks on why the USA is so hosed-up politically. "See this dumbass? Unfortunately for us, he votes."

Lots of sage nodding from the Europeans when they watched that dipshit grab the mic.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

In a 6-3 decision, the Supreme Court has ruled that only Republican presidents are allowed to assassinate Supreme Court Justices and stipulated that this ruling only applies to liberal Justices.

In a 2-0 decision the supreme Court ruled that the definition of liberal includes anyone who disagreed with President For Life Trump, regardless of claimed views and affiliation.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

YOURE IN THE BONE ZONE!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

nine-gear crow posted:

Actually Kagan, Sotomayer, Jackson dissented but in a show of solidarity Roberts also dissented and condoled the other three judges on their bad luck.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Dapper_Swindler posted:

called this. alot of people dont pay attention to politics and legit assume trump wont win the primary because stupid poo poo. i think polls change big once poo poo becomes real, much like roe.

Yeah, once the campaign shifts into general election mode, Trump will become the primary focus and we know he loses elections.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao that he and his wife's nightmare is the Feds raid their Doomsday prepper hoarder house

Holy poo poo these people need lives

Dude you are a House member old and white, probably wealthy too

They ain't doing poo poo to you

You know how the rest of us saw the movie, Get Out, and realized what a scary mind gently caress the entire thing was?

This dude was one of the old white people coming to the house in the black cars. Probably pretty disappointed his bingo card wasn't the winner.

0xAYN
Nov 22, 2010

idk lol

I just want to point out that this is basically the opening scene in The Turner Diaries :raise:

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think its less "undecideds" and more "moderates/etc who have voted mostly blue for the last couple years thinking that the GOP is saner then it is. obviously we know they are wrong because we post here every day talking about it. but most people arnt politicaly tuned in, even those who pull the lever for D everytime.

I wonder if Trump skipped the debates to deliberately keep himself out of the public conscious and keep it from being well known he's gonna be the nom. Like his chuds will line up and pack the primaries, and normies won't realize he's gonna be the nom until it's too late to stop it. Then I guess he's relying on Biden being unpopular, legislative fuckery, loyalists in the poll stations, violent "ID Checkers", etc. to push him across the finish line?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

DaveWoo posted:

Speaking of which, anyone watching the current season of Fargo? It references Trump and MAGA a fair amount; Jon Hamm's playing a character who is basically a cross between Joe Arpaio and Ammon Bundy.

Oh poo poo, that reminded me I need to catch up on Fargo! Haven't watched since season 3, thanks for the reminder -- most useful piece of knowledge I've gained from this thread in a while.

(not that the LOLs aren't useful, but they aren't about anything I didn't already know)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Anytime you think "Did Trump do this as a clever ruse?" the answer is no.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Let's see who won this year

quote:

The National Pulse’s 4th annual Patriot of the Year is former President Donald J. Trump. Previous award winners include “America’s Mayor” Rudy Giuliani, former White House Chief Strategist Stephen K. Bannon, and the New York Young Republican Club.

lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

GA RICO Judge

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

vaginite posted:

I wonder if Trump skipped the debates to deliberately keep himself out of the public conscious and keep it from being well known he's gonna be the nom. Like his chuds will line up and pack the primaries, and normies won't realize he's gonna be the nom until it's too late to stop it. Then I guess he's relying on Biden being unpopular, legislative fuckery, loyalists in the poll stations, violent "ID Checkers", etc. to push him across the finish line?

to an extent but its not gonna help him when tv starts carrying some of his speechs and biden spams ads 247 with the various insane poo poo that he will double down on because broken brain.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Edit

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

vaginite posted:

I wonder if Trump skipped the debates to deliberately keep himself out of the public conscious and keep it from being well known he's gonna be the nom. Like his chuds will line up and pack the primaries, and normies won't realize he's gonna be the nom until it's too late to stop it. Then I guess he's relying on Biden being unpopular, legislative fuckery,

loyalists in the poll stations, violent "ID Checkers",
etc. to push him across the finish line?

reminder the last two can be mitigated by non regressives becoming poll workers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

thunderspanks posted:

well considering that in the interview linked in that tweet, Mike repeatedly says "the great, real president donald trump" I'm gonna guess they decided to finally cut losses with the guy who materially contributed to the $700 million judgement against them. good riddance

He also just brought Lou Dobbs in for his freedom liberty eagle tv streaming channel, after dobbs was fired from Fox for conspiracy mongering and making them worry about being sued again