Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

This is the fourth January now where we're being told that everything is back to normal after years of lockdowns, so I figured I'd pull out this all time hit and look at the date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

That is 13 loving days after I started writing all this poo poo down. YEARS OF LOCKDOWNS, WE CAN'T LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE DISEASE

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This is the fourth January now where we're being told that everything is back to normal after years of lockdowns, so I figured I'd pull out this all time hit and look at the date

Kim Kaseta, i will never forget your horrifying rictus

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

cheese wife was June 27th, 2020

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Kim Kaseta, i will never forget your horrifying rictus

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Covid was an event that took place from April 1st to April 30th 2020. It was a really wild couple of weeks.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

love to make the exact same mistake over and over and over, forever, until the end of time (once we are all finally dead)

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
When we threw lit matches at the gasoline, fires started.
We stopped throwing lit matches at the gasoline for 5 days, and fires were no longer starting.
Therefore, thanks to our hard work, it's safe to throw lit matches at the gasoline again.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

LOL. Sure looks like most of them are in front of green screens.

"All the people you don't like to interact with? They miss bothering you."

Baddog
May 12, 2001
My own thought was "goddamn, that is a lot of upper management for a small dying old school information aggregation web company", and then today I learned webmd still has ~2000 employees.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Platystemon posted:

Requesting Shiroc’s opinion on this:

https://twitter.com/nappasan/status/1745335923435556995

Anyone else who wishes to comment is welcome.

https://x.com/dubudavid/status/1745695644063551886?s=46

old anime film masters changing colors is pretty common, and often they would turn different tints even between scenes

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Seeing masks at all is a lockdown to those losers.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

Seeing masks at all is a lockdown to those losers.

your freedom stops where a spacetime intersection with my historic lightcone starts

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Baddog posted:

My own thought was "goddamn, that is a lot of upper management for a small dying old school information aggregation web company", and then today I learned webmd still has ~2000 employees.

how

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
you need a lot of people to crush the competition

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

I'm guessing a lot of debt.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
So apparently I can't get an appointment to see "my" doctor for a possible sports hernia until JUNE. I asked the office person if I should just go to the ER or urgent care and they said yeah.

This poo poo is hosed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

A lot of words to say "We have the tools, and you're on your own. gently caress you"

Gonna use a label maker to put “THE TOOLS” on my trash can.

Containbert
Jan 13, 2024
I'm investigating installing reverse cycle air conditioning in a house.

Is it possible to setup the AC system such that filters are installed so that any covid particles moving in the AC system get filtered out before they cycle back into the household?

Alternatively, is it possible to install an AC system such that you can:
1. keep the AC running in both rooms
2. Keep one room negative pressure isolated
3. Not leak covid between rooms through the AC

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

mags posted:

everyone i know down here willingly spreads plague and hates you for not joining them

Our unity is full of wonder
Which your tiny individualism
Can not even conceive.

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
I saw my first proper aura mask in a healthcare setting last week at the PCP. She was a nurse, coughing, and obviously sick.

I want hellworld to end :(

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Containbert posted:

I'm investigating installing reverse cycle air conditioning in a house.

Is it possible to setup the AC system such that filters are installed so that any covid particles moving in the AC system get filtered out before they cycle back into the household?

Alternatively, is it possible to install an AC system such that you can:
1. keep the AC running in both rooms
2. Keep one room negative pressure isolated
3. Not leak covid between rooms through the AC

That's any furnace or AC system with a central air blower fan and a HEPA-grade filter instead of a MERV 8 or whatever

Not sure what "reverse cycle air conditioning" means though

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7318832123119553823

people with better communication skills than us are out there in the trenches

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

Lazy posting

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

yeah I noticed this one in addition to the one I posted yesterday. a good video and also noticed that the "Like" count is ~30x higher than her follower count which ... is sort of a good sign I think? like that people are responding to the content rather than the speaker

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

this was texted to me by a coworker who’s like a daughter to me asking if it’s true. I told her for the most part, yeah, why do you think I wear a mask everywhere and no longer eat out and sent her some study links and the Jon snow project. She asked me how to build a corsi cube and I took some masks over and left them in her mailbox since she was at work and I was off. she’s a younger millennial (under 30). People are slowly but surely realizing something is seriously hosed up.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Oracle posted:

people are slowly but surely realizing something is seriously hosed up.

in fits and starts, but I agree

anecdotally from random acquaintances and such: I think the clear absurdity of the Official Government Line re: Gaza vs the reality is related to people becoming open to doubts about the official line on COVID

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Things are so bad I've even seen multiple white people wearing masks in the last 48 hours (two).

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.wired.com/story/theres-a-huge-covid-surge-right-now-you-probably-didnt-notice/

quote:

here’s a Huge Covid Surge Right Now and Nobody Is Talking About It
The US is in the midst of the largest Covid surge since Omicron, but with minimal testing and good population immunity, the wave is largely being ignored.

Extra precaution certainly doesn’t hurt (and for high-risk folks, it remains crucial), but so far, JN.1 doesn’t appear to be causing more severe outcomes than previous variants. “We’re in a better place than we were four years ago, on both an individual and a societal level,” says Wolfe. “We’ve sort of forgotten about how socially immobile we had become.”

Now, he says, Covid severity has settled down to a level that is, for many people, broadly comparable to RSV and the flu. “It’s just extraordinarily different than what we faced a couple of years ago,” Wolfe says. “And that is a win.”

The flu is really loving bad!! lmao

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

The severity of covid has decreased to that of RSV, a virus that was much less severe until everybody got covid.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Ah yes, the covid surge I never noticed while people kept getting sick, and also sneezing/coughing filled the office for three weeks. It’s easy to miss.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Pink Mist posted:

Ah yes, the covid surge I never noticed while people kept getting sick, and also sneezing/coughing filled the office for three weeks. It’s easy to miss.

more like three months

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
LPT If you want to give up coffee or caffeine in general, do it next time you have the flu. You're going to spend 3-5 days feeling terrible anyway so you won't miss it. Stay in bed and don't drink coffee. Then when you're over the flu, you're also over the worst phase of the caffeine withdrawal. (self.LifeProTips)

…ah yes, I will remember to do that in approximately 2034, or in the new normal, next time I’m hospitalized and get a nosocomial infection.

Comments:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is actually the dumbest tip I’ve ever seen.
It actually worked for me. It wasn’t the flu, it was Covid, but obviously the same concept. It wasn’t even really on purpose, but because I pretty much stayed in bed I didn’t drink coffee for a few days. It worked (at least for a few weeks).
I’m literally in bed with Covid on day 3 and haven’t had coffee for 3 straight days after years of daily coffee. Call it what you want to call it but it’s not a bad LPT.

quote:

Getting Covid helped me quit smoking tobacco lol, this is great advice

quote:

This is me right now, but with COVID.

So, why should I quit? I’ve thought about it, but I don’t know why it’s good for me to give up caffeine, besides the principle.

No mention of RSV.

COVID is friend now. Lockdowns are cause of all ills. 😡

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
"Good population immunity"

We certainly are making ourselves immune to having a good population.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rick posted:

Things are so bad I've even seen multiple white people wearing masks in the last 48 hours (two).

turn on your monitor!!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You know that the COVID‑19 situation is deteriorating when it’s making Reddit.com/r/all.

I’m linking this one because there is a cat photograph for your enjoyment. The one hidden in the comments is better though.

/r/cats: I’m really sick from COVID and my boys are competing to comfort me…

Remarks from OP:

quote:

quote:

I also have Covid right now and it’s terrible. What day are you on? I’m on day 4 and I think I feel slightly better. Day 3 was the absolute worst for me though. Last night I was waking up in a bed soaked with sweat. Not a fun time at all.
I’m on day 2 right now - so far it’s been the worst. I was so weak this morning, in pain, gasping for breath. This is the 4th time I’ve had COVID since end of 2020 and I feel like every time is worse than the last. I hope you get better soon and may long COVID leave you alone!

quote:

quote:

May long covid stay well the gently caress away
Thanks! I’ve had long COVID twice before - I wouldn’t wish it on anyone :c

Someone then asks “Have you ever been vaccinated?”

Buddy, they’ve had nature’s vaccine on three, now four occasions.

quote:

quote:

What's COVID? Either way, very cute
Upper respiratory virus that sent the world into lockdown in 2020 and has since become a yearly illness like the cold and flu. Except I might say that COVID sucks worse than the flu

quote:

quote:

Covid was 4 years ago get over it
COVID still exists though…? lmao But yea sure I’ll just “get over it”. It’s not like I was gasping for breath getting out of bed this morning or anything. It’s not like I got tested for COVID and it came back positive or anything. Naw it’s just a huge myth.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Platystemon posted:

LPT If you want to give up coffee or caffeine in general, do it next time you have the flu. You're going to spend 3-5 days feeling terrible anyway so you won't miss it. Stay in bed and don't drink coffee. Then when you're over the flu, you're also over the worst phase of the caffeine withdrawal. (self.LifeProTips)

…ah yes, I will remember to do that in approximately 2034, or in the new normal, next time I’m hospitalized and get a nosocomial infection.

Comments:

No mention of RSV.

COVID is friend now. Lockdowns are cause of all ills. 😡

and the flu helped me lose so much weight!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Fur20 posted:

turn on your monitor!!

lmao

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Fur20 posted:

turn on your monitor!!

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If you want to quit coffee just buy a pound of coffee and a pound of decaf. Then when you take a tablespoon out of the coffee, you add back in a tablespoon of the decaf and slowly dilute your full-caff. By the time you finish all of it you'll be free with no withdrawals. I did this and quit for about 6 months and then realized I'd just rather drink coffee all the time. Okay so maybe it doesn't work.