Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Have y'all never heard someone say 'You don't know what you don't know' before? It's not a super uncommon phrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it's a common enough phrase but not the sort of thing a starting quarterback typically drops during press availability

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

:lol:

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Jets will never not be hilarious and I love them for it

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants hired the Raiders OL coach.

Is he good or is he whack?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
He's the best OL coach in the league

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

davecrazy posted:

Giants hired the Raiders OL coach.

Is he good or is he whack?

I just saw a picture of him and he looks like the color swap version of Daboll

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/davidhelman_/status/1745470007361057043?t=oZ3MMlCWGfMXYKQV-59Xdw&s=19

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

as a fellow button pressing little brother, lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
EPA is an incredibly garbage stat, it's equivalent to ESPN qbr

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/granthpaulsen/status/1745126267718914337?s=20

Giants higher than I thought they’d be.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

This is from last year, just in case anyone was wondering. A lot of the replies on the nazi site don't seem to be realizing that.

biceps crimes posted:

as a fellow button pressing little brother, lmao

As another little brother, I've 100% made the same face as Travis at 1:04.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: Got him! :siren:

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1745845607816699997?s=20

He’s the President of Football Operations, not the GM, but essentially the equivalent role to most other teams. He’ll decide who the GM under him is along with the Head Coach.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Cartoon Man posted:

:siren: Got him! :siren:

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1745845607816699997?s=20

He’s the President of Football Operations, not the GM, but essentially the equivalent role to most other teams. He’ll decide who the GM under him is along with the Head Coach.

gently caress yes

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gettleman sunk the team with awful contracts that we're just now getting over. The biggest contracts on the books right now are Daniel Jones, Andrew Thomas, Dexter Lawrence, and Darren Waller (whom thankfully only has a year left on his poo poo deal). It's concerning that they signed Jones and Waller but I don't blame Schoen for that considering he still has the Maras to deal with and their little prized possession of Jones.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1745848705540899297?s=20

My dream scenario, come on Harris and Peters, make it happen!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is arguably the greatest day for the Commanders since Joe Gibs 2.0 was announced. (Aside from the day Snyder sold that is!)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think the Commanders have the bones to turn it around with a good coach. Brian Robinson is surprisingly competent at the NFL level, they still have an okay receiving corps, they got some guys playing out of their minds on defense like Fuller, Barton, and Curl. They still have a solid duo in Allen and Payne with okay rotation behind them. They have obvious needs across the OL, both CB positions (I think Forbes was a terrible pick for them), and better DEs.

The problem for them and anyone with cap space next year is the sheer amount of free agents that can all get tagged with zero quality OL coming out that's not ancient or overrated. Whichever QB they draft with the second pick is going to get slaughtered.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
i heard through the grapevine that AJ Brown isn't going to show up to the eagles game because he's gonna show up in dallas and join the cowboys right then and there and we haven't seen a heel turn like that since Hulk Hogan joining the NWO in the 90s

think about it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is precedent for sure

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/byajperez/status/1745854884136562850?s=20

I have no problem with Jason Wright staying or going, I trust the Harris committee to eventually get around to deciding his fate when they’re ready. But I bet they move on and bring their own guys in. Jason was brought in by the NFL as a baby sitter for Snyder given all the office sexual harassment stuff going around. He’s qualified for the role, for sure, but I think Harris and crew eventually replace him with their own pick.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 12, 2024

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
2nd Team All Pro Dak Prescott

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

He finally has as many as Jalen Hurts

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Harlock posted:

He finally has as many as Carson Wentz

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
All Pros are just awards for counting stats and are bullshit a lot. Tyron Smith is second team while missing 4 games, Jason Kelce wasn't that good this year, first team all pro. It's a shame people use them to advocate for HoF status.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Seems similar to Gold Glove awards in baseball. They should've shut the whole thing down when they gave one to Bobby Abreu

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Dak Prescott Advanced Passing Ranks 2023 Regular Season:
On Target %: 1st
Total On Target Throws: 1st
Bad Throw %: 1st (lowest among qualified starters)
Drops: 2nd most among all QBs
Drop %: 3rd most among all QBs

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
"Mahomes needs help from his receivers "

Dak receiver drops: 38, 6.6% of passes
Mahomes: 39, 6.9% of passes

Edit:
to be clear, I'm challenging narratives generally, not Mahomes; Mahomes definitely needs a #1WR and had to throw the ball away 3x as often as Dak because of pressure and no on ebeing open.

Double Edit:
and of course you can guess what QB was dead last in reciever drops, both total and percentages
Purdy - 2.1%!!! Only 9 drops all year lmao

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 12, 2024

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Most
Valuable
Prescott

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

MrMojok posted:

Most
Valuable
Prescott

God Damnit, he's right.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

https://x.com/byajperez/status/1745854884136562850?s=20

I have no problem with Jason Wright staying or going, I trust the Harris committee to eventually get around to deciding his fate when they’re ready. But I bet they move on and bring their own guys in. Jason was brought in by the NFL as a baby sitter for Snyder given all the office sexual harassment stuff going around. He’s qualified for the role, for sure, but I think Harris and crew eventually replace him with their own pick.

https://x.com/davidhelman_/status/1745875058512511015?s=20

Glad ya'll didn't get McClay from us

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

drops are a QB stat

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

drops are a QB stat

They are not, Euphronius

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blarzgh posted:

Jesus those are not great for him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

blarzgh posted:

Dak Prescott Advanced Passing Ranks 2023 Regular Season:
On Target %: 1st
Total On Target Throws: 1st
Bad Throw %: 1st (lowest among qualified starters)

Dude should put the ball where it can be caught.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
blarzgh, could you please not go into overdrive with stats before the playoff run starts? You do not need to singlehandedly build the dunking booth, fill it with water, sit on the seat and then dare the sports gods to nail the target at the worst possible time.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Dude should put the ball where it can be caught.

Basically. tipped interceptions are down to poor ball placement 97% of the time

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

:siren:2023 AV Leaders:siren:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Hurts/Purdy are way too high but that looks right generally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

Basically. tipped interceptions are down to poor ball placement 97% of the time

Sounds like someone doesn't watch the games, sorry but football is more than a spreadsheet, nerd