Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zero VGS posted:

As far as I can tell, Ultimatum seems to be about the same. If I full juice and go 100% delirious, I don't see much difference in rewards except it can take forever if it's Defeat Waves of Enemies.

The only official statement I've seen is that monsters don't drop their own items, but I have no idea how Wisps/Delirious affect the rewards offered, if at all. The Wisps sure as heck affect the ulti enemies and Trialmaster boss fight though, the first time I got Trialmaster he was double empowered.

Has GGG actually said if the Wisps/Delirium will improve Ultimatum/Blight rewards? There's supposed to be some overarching design of "more difficulty = more rewards" but it's been straight up not true a lot of the time lately. They specifically give an achievement for completing an Ultimatum while Delirious so I'd hope it does something, but I'm not about to spreadsheet 100 runs to quantify it.

Are Ultimatum monsters affected by wisp juice? I specced into Ult for a little while, and I don't think I saw any empowered mons.

As for Blight, I think the main issue isn't the rewards so much as it is the beefed-up rares, which get further beefed-up by wisp juice. Harvest mons have the same problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

J posted:

Hang on that goofy rear end knockback setup is a common thing? I thought it was just some wacky poo poo one person thought up.

Blight ensured one blight reward and carcass makes it easier to force one or two blight nodes instead of like 7 due to the cramped corridors. So bigger chance of more gold oil jewellery

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I did a map where a stack of two divs dropped, and I was about to tell my friend I'd never seen that before. And then a Mirror dropped. I had around 4500 blue and only around 400 purple in a Thicket map. What do I do with this thing, sell it for divs and then buy whatever build I want?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

LifeLynx posted:

I did a map where a stack of two divs dropped, and I was about to tell my friend I'd never seen that before. And then a Mirror dropped. I had around 4500 blue and only around 400 purple in a Thicket map. What do I do with this thing, sell it for divs and then buy whatever build I want?
use it on some dangyos for the charge mtx

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
e:n/m

J
Jun 10, 2001

LifeLynx posted:

There's 2 things you can do with it. Sell it to fund whatever the hell you want, or use it to mirror one of the various mirror tier items that have been crafted this league. Usually mirroring one of those items has a fee attached, ie you pay the mirror + some amount of currency on top and they give you a copy of the item. Note that if you sell the mirror, currently the value of a mirror in divines is significantly above how many divines actually fit in a trade window. This is a haven for scammers relying on people to trust the trade to happen over 2 trades, don't trust anyone on this. The proper way to handle it is to use very liquid high value per inventory space items as a divine substitute to reach the value of a mirror, and then you do 1 trade. So for example you could sell the mirror for a whole bunch of divines + hinekora's locks, or fracturing orbs, or mirror shards, etc to get the total value of the trade window inventory up to what a mirror is worth. Don't give or take collateral from anyone at any time, people will try to scam collateral or claim their bullshit collateral is worth more than it is. If your trade partner is on some unascended character with no challenges done I would just assume immediately they are going to try to scam. Tell them divines + other high value currencies or get lost. Get the entire value done in 1 trade.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Do harbingers have higher chance to drop fracturing shards/orbs in higher level maps? I'm about to go full T3 strand essence speed farm and was considering also speccing harvest with my spare atlas points, but if the returns on white map harbs are objectively poop then it's not worth the kill time.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

J posted:

There's 2 things you can do with it. Sell it to fund whatever the hell you want, or use it to mirror one of the various mirror tier items that have been crafted this league. Usually mirroring one of those items has a fee attached, ie you pay the mirror + some amount of currency on top and they give you a copy of the item. Note that if you sell the mirror, currently the value of a mirror in divines is significantly above how many divines actually fit in a trade window. This is a haven for scammers relying on people to trust the trade to happen over 2 trades, don't trust anyone on this. The proper way to handle it is to use very liquid high value per inventory space items as a divine substitute to reach the value of a mirror, and then you do 1 trade. So for example you could sell the mirror for a whole bunch of divines + hinekora's locks, or fracturing orbs, or mirror shards, etc to get the total value of the trade window inventory up to what a mirror is worth. Don't give or take collateral from anyone at any time, people will try to scam collateral or claim their bullshit collateral is worth more than it is. If your trade partner is on some unascended character with no challenges done I would just assume immediately they are going to try to scam. Tell them divines + other high value currencies or get lost. Get the entire value done in 1 trade.

Good advice! I see there's a #currency-wtt-asc channel on the TFT Discord where people offer to trade mirrors <> divs. Most of them want to do it with the divs separated into two trades, but a good amount are "Hinekora's Locks + Divs first, then a second trade where I buy back the Locks". I definitely want to sell it and fund a crazy new build or two; just getting a copy of one insanely OP item won't do it for me.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

Do harbingers have higher chance to drop fracturing shards/orbs in higher level maps? I'm about to go full T3 strand essence speed farm and was considering also speccing harvest with my spare atlas points, but if the returns on white map harbs are objectively poop then it's not worth the kill time.

Don’t know the answer to your question but harbs are just generally weak compared to other options when looking at their drops. Even fully juiced up t16 harbs drop fracturing shards very rarely and the rest of the currency is super low value. Not to mention harbs will slow down your essence runs (harvest will do that too). If you want frac shards for some reason, the Kirac memories are a much better source.

The typical companion to essence speed farming is beasts. There’s guides out there on the combo. I think maxroll has one.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

This one came across my recs recently.

Just about ready to switch to boss rushing but I think I'll keep Alva + Harvest rather than do Bestiary + Harbinger since I really don't have to think much about how much to sell temples/juice and it's a much lower variance.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
What are the potential ways of committing suicide IG? I keep doing it and can't figure out how, would be nice to stop losing XP.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
CI plus a mana flask that removes life on use is a classic one

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Nur_Neerg posted:

What are the potential ways of committing suicide IG? I keep doing it and can't figure out how, would be nice to stop losing XP.

Link your pob

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

My favorite self-kill in PoE was back when Zerphi's Last Breath was super OP and I played the scold's bridle CwDT Pathfinder build that died instantly when you leveled up because it refilled your mana, turned off your flask, and cyclone instagibbed you by hitting you for 4k per use physical damage.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

https://pobb.in/r0aNR0K6SDoG

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

What are you using for shock avoidance?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

berenzen posted:

What are you using for shock avoidance?

80% from the timeless jewel, 31% from the abyssal.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I took out Lifetap and that's made a huge difference in my survivability. I didn't think I could sustain my Splitting Steel without it, even with some gear that made attacks cheaper, but I can. But now that I sold that Mirror, I'm picking up all the crit gear.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Lifetap+Phase Run on no-regen maps maybe?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Reduced regen and reduced auras are probably the worst mods to run on self-ignite chieftan.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Any other goons running CI CoC ice nova or vortex of projection with Aegis and Melding? I'm just looking for PoBs to yoink ideas from. Poeninja has a decent handful, but I feel like a lot of them are specialized for specific content, while I'm interested in building a "does everything" Occultist for challenge completion including Ubers and wave 30 sim. Looking at a budget of 400d plus already having mageblood.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

LifeLynx posted:

I took out Lifetap and that's made a huge difference in my survivability. I didn't think I could sustain my Splitting Steel without it, even with some gear that made attacks cheaper, but I can. But now that I sold that Mirror, I'm picking up all the crit gear.

Lucky dog, that Forbidden Flame is super expensive -- I tried to PoB out what switching to crit would look like without it, and it didn't really seem worth it. Might try to work in Bleed and the "bleeding enemies explode" charm mod though? Seems like I can do it pretty cheaply but not sure how much it would pay off.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Someone tell me if this works the way I think.

- Let's say I stack charms and jewels to hit 100% chance for projectiles to be able to chain off walls

- I have Nimis which makes projectiles fire randomly and return

- I'm using Ice Spear of Splitting, which splits into 7 projectiles after hitting an enemy or wall, and then goes on to pierce all enemies

- I have Snakepit on the right ring which "should" remove the ability to pierce, and adds a chain

- I'm supporting it with Awakened Chain for another +3 chains

If I cast the Ice Spear of Splitting and it fires randomly and hits a wall, would it split into 7, one of the 7 splits targets the single target, the rest can't shotgun so they'll pass over the single target, chain off the wall and try to target the single target again, keep bouncing between walls and the target until all the 4 chains are used up, then finally return to me?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Being suddenly 800d richer is a curse. I wouldn't wish this on anyone (who doesn't have much experience with PoE). I've spent like two hours trading for items and reconfiguring my passive tree. I had to stop trying to figure out timeless jewels because I didn't want a 48 hour migraine.'

Edit: My brain's broken. Here's the build I'm basing off of: https://poe.ninja/pob/11q9

And here's mine: https://poe.ninja/pob/11qA

I'm doing a lot of damage but also dying near instantly, it's really bad.

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 13, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

If I cast the Ice Spear of Splitting and it fires randomly and hits a wall, would it split into 7, one of the 7 splits targets the single target, the rest can't shotgun so they'll pass over the single target, chain off the wall and try to target the single target again, keep bouncing between walls and the target until all the 4 chains are used up, then finally return to me?

If there's no enemy target to Chain to the projectile should just stop (which would be simple enough to test with a projectile spell, that Snakepit, and a single target on screen). That plus this line:

quote:

If a skill produces multiple projectiles at once and chains, none of the projectiles may chain to an enemy which has already been struck by a projectile from the same attack or cast.

Probably kills your idea dead.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I still have no idea what exactly, if anything the "chance to chain off terrain" mod does in my pretty juiced-up Splitting Steel build and honestly at this point I'm afraid to find out because I've been running it for a long time and I hope it's not a dead mod. I really like this build but it's a bitch to PoB stuff on (example: how much pierce is enough?? who knows?)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

If there's no enemy target to Chain to the projectile should just stop (which would be simple enough to test with a projectile spell, that Snakepit, and a single target on screen). That plus this line:

Probably kills your idea dead.

Hmm thanks, well all is not lost, normal Ice Spear says it fires all projectiles "in sequence" which I assume works like a barrage? I can't pin down what it's doing but... it's doing something dramatic.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 13, 2024

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

I like your projectile ideas and hope that they work in a broken-rear end manner, but I think the result may be a disappointing 2 proj hits per cast (1 out, 1 return). The barrage idea is very much worth testing at least.

Unrelated, AoE overlap is super cool and I hope to abuse it with Vortex of Projection combined with AoE per power charge on Occultist + charms + clusters + TWWT.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Mentat Radnor posted:

I like your projectile ideas and hope that they work in a broken-rear end manner, but I think the result may be a disappointing 2 proj hits per cast (1 out, 1 return). The barrage idea is very much worth testing at least.

Unrelated, AoE overlap is super cool and I hope to abuse it with Vortex of Projection combined with AoE per power charge on Occultist + charms + clusters + TWWT.

I just did some extensive testing in PVP arena.

- Ice Spear will shotgun every projectile of a single cast on a single target, but Ice Spear of Splitting only hits once. More like Ice Spear of making GBS threads

- If you use "chain off terrain" to ricochet all the projectiles off a wall right next to a target, every single one will chain straight to the target, but DEAL NO DAMAGE, not even if they never once dealt damage in the first place. I'm not sure how that works against a pack with multiple targets, but basically if you miss (or hit) against a lone target, the terrain bounce contributes nothing. Not only does it deal no damage when it collides with the enemy, it deletes the projectile (if it can't pierce) and doesn't count as a hit for purposes of Knockback or presumably anything else. If you give the projectile pierce, it actually will do the thing I wanted, which is it will keep bouncing between walls and the target until all the chains are used up... but none of the chains deal damage, only the original direct hit.

- Nimis returning projeciles do hit a second time, so at least that is a 2x damage multiplier. Ice Spear has a really small hitbox though, so you want to be right on top of a boss to do that. For a humanoid size enemy, phasing or Cyclone will help you get directly on top of them to ensure every hit and return lands.

- If I switch the rings around to make Ice Spear fork, it can only hit 4 times: twice from the base 2 shotgun projectiles leaving and twice from the returns. Forking doesn't multiply the damage. Which means Awakened Fork does nothing for single target either, so be aware if you were thinking of 100+ div for that.

- I did a pretty funny trick shot: unequipped my Nimis so shots weren't random, fired an Ice Spear barrage out into the distance, then quickly put the ring back on and ran in front of the opponent. Every returning projectile shotgunned and killed the target, like a weird version of Spectral Throw.

- It wasn't my imagination, Empire's Grasp "Knockback Direction is Reversed" is reversed a second time on returning projectiles. I.E. returning projectiles knock enemies away if you have Empire's Grasp, or pull enemies to you if you don't.

Not sure if there's any unknown PVP rules behavior that would chance how this plays out in PVE, but it seems like normie Ice Spear is the way to go, and stick with Awakened GMP and Nimis if you want a huge shotgun boost on it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

The (lack of) mob density was the main reason I stopped playing LE.

it's much, much better on newer maps. allegedly they're going over old maps and fixing them before relase, because some were made over 5 years ago and the test engine couldn't handle so many spawns

i'll be playing at launch because the game's fun for me, but yeah it'll probably be years until it can be as good/diverse to play as poe. i'm also burnt out on poe tho and waiting for poe2 so it'll be good enough to fill the gap

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I assume someone has done the tests for ice spear of splitting and hydrosphere (like the arc that splits) and it doesn’t work but I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere.

Zero VGS posted:

- If you use "chain off terrain" to ricochet all the projectiles off a wall right next to a target, every single one will chain straight to the target, but DEAL NO DAMAGE, not even if they never once dealt damage in the first place. I'm not sure how that works against a pack with multiple targets, but basically if you miss (or hit) against a lone target, the terrain bounce contributes nothing. Not only does it deal no damage when it collides with the enemy, it deletes the projectile (if it can't pierce) and doesn't count as a hit for purposes of Knockback or presumably anything else. If you give the projectile pierce, it actually will do the thing I wanted, which is it will keep bouncing between walls and the target until all the chains are used up... but none of the chains deal damage, only the original direct hit.

Huh I at least thought it would hit if it never had before but I already considered it a flavor text stat.

quote:

- I did a pretty funny trick shot: unequipped my Nimis so shots weren't random, fired an Ice Spear barrage out into the distance, then quickly put the ring back on and ran in front of the opponent. Every returning projectile shotgunned and killed the target, like a weird version of Spectral Throw.

There may be some way to use this to clunkily one shot bosses without needing to survive being on top of them.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

There may be some way to use this to clunkily one shot bosses without needing to survive being on top of them.

And then you misclick and throw your nimis on the ground then the instance crashes because of your shenanigans :q:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
I never knew someone recorded that fail of mine, please dont embarrass me more
i actually did that in another videogame with comparable unique jewelry valued in a lot of real dollars, it haunts me to this day

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Which streamer was it that was deep Delving with a HH, picked up the Ambush mod, dropped the belt on the ground trying to unequip it then :rip:'d?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
where in POB can you see your sniper's mark effect, and how many projectiles? basically everything to do with figuring out how much +mark effect i need to hit breakpoints

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Calcs tab. Sniper's Mark effectiveness will be under Skill type-specific stats --> Curse Effect Mod, projectile count will be under <projectile skill> --> Skill type-specific stats --> Split Count.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So I figured while grinding for the rest of the challenges I'd be able to make enough currency to get a Mageblood for the first time ever (started today at about raw 120d), maybe if I still felt like going get enough for a Headhunter (would also be a first) as well. Started my session by liquidating some currency and:

Looks like my plans have accelerated quite a bit.

(That's only 1 div of alts and he would not respond to any PM's I made after he threw all that in so...I guess this is mine now?)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Hey, the battlepass has a p neat looking armor set. Do those armor piece cosmetics become available to equip for all future characters and seasons?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yes. You can't have multiple characters use the same MTX unless you have multiple copies of said MTX but you can move them between characters freely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, cool. So it scales by doing bonus objectives. I could just do tier 1 maps 100+ times to unlock all the items, yea?