Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
"Let there be no genesis," said God who is called YISUN, "For beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

So Gog is a living data storage device designed to ride out the end of the universe. Continuity of Worm

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm a little more bothered by the reveal that it's been literally the same loving people over and over again in every recreation of the universe, including apparently Allison? Not just 7 demiurges etc. etc. but specifically Solomon et al.

no wonder everyone who knows about it, which was like half the demiurges, is so totally defeated by the scale of Zoss's bullshit

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I'm a little more bothered by the reveal that it's been literally the same loving people over and over again in every recreation of the universe, including apparently Allison? Not just 7 demiurges etc. etc. but specifically Solomon et al.

no wonder everyone who knows about it, which was like half the demiurges, is so totally defeated by the scale of Zoss's bullshit

It's obviously not been exactly the same ("the roles twist and change" etc) but it makes a certain amount of sense, you're starting from the same initial conditions after all, and it's a big universe even with Zoss's changes.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

She's framing it that way because Allison obviously doesn't know about Worbleplorp the Demiurge, Bearer of the Word Snooglespork from 8 billion spins ago.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
with this revelation, alot of gog's actions that made her seem erratic/childish/idiotic suddenly make much more sense as extreme frustration.

she's basically been heckling the show nonstep for aeons

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

A big flaming stink posted:

with this revelation, alot of gog's actions that made her seem erratic/childish/idiotic suddenly make much more sense as extreme frustration.

she's basically been heckling the show nonstep for aeons
Especially if she used to be the star of the show.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Joe Slowboat posted:

She needs it to travel between worlds; she likely also needs it to maintain a single mass across worlds.
Gog Agog does not meaningfully exist without the key.

The first arrivals to throne didn't need keys. I'm sure gog can maintain her multi-world-multi-timeline hive mind without it.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
also gdi im just realizing the abaddon used a similar idea to a previous writing concept of mine of (madoka spoilers) what if homura just never loving gave up trying to get the ideal outcome

not that such an idea is particularly novel

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
This also implies the spinning back of the wheel goes further than many of had sispected, since the details of the seven part pact differ as a result - it isnt just rolling back far enough to get a new heir, it is rolling back a whole lot more, back to the war *at least*, maybe even prior.

I got the sense that isn't actually true, that there may actually have been plenty of different players, but that the players just... Dont really matter all that much, in the end? She doesnt remember the first cycles, perhaps because she didnt actually matter to them and wasnt involved! That it still all goes roughly the same way and gets reset, no matter who plays what roles or how they are twisted.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 12, 2024

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Elissimpark posted:

I think we might not have touched on it during Jadis-chat, but it's likely she's only omniscient as far as the current spin goes. As far as she's aware, the world ends. Zoss spinning everything back (like a giant pencil in the cassette tape of reality) is from outside the wheel, so she doesn't know that's happening and maybe, due to her circumstances, is unable of becoming aware of it.

operant's first definitive statement on jadis was "she knows the most, of anyone, ever" and this was after gog's blueprint was already put into play. she knows everything about everything, and that's why she's unable to care

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

girl dick energy posted:

Taking bets for who it is.

Himself

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Reclaimer posted:

She's framing it that way because Allison obviously doesn't know about Worbleplorp the Demiurge, Bearer of the Word Snooglespork from 8 billion spins ago.

Everyone up to this point has been very vague about what previous iterations looked like, they only sketched out the broad strokes of Zoss abdication, a bunch of evil usurpers, heir defeats them all somehow and then the end. A perfectly workable way to suggest that the cast may rotate but the upshot remains the same. Gog is the first one save maybe Metatron who recalls what happened with perfect clarity, and she's being pretty explicit here in calling people out by name as previous contenders

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 12, 2024

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I appreciate gog confirming our suspicions

and I appreciate just how over this poo poo she is

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Well, not literally the same loving people. The same roles definitely, maybe a few recurring cast members because certain assholes are such unbelievable shits that they make themselves universally important in each cycle.

But we know from Zoss's flashback in the jail cell that the heir, at least, has been a different lucky contestant each cycle.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i think alison is still supposed to be a new wrinkle in the plan - jagganoth suggested as much, and gog is only calling her out because she's trying to put her in her place. she mentions jaggs because we already know he's a universal constant and solomon because she'll never miss an opportunity to snipe at the beardy ponce

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

girl dick energy posted:

It is Whitechain and if not, Cio, but almost definitely Whitechain.

I will be quoting this in a week.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 12, 2024

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Very good page. Very gay too. Very Gog page?

Oxxidation posted:

operant's first definitive statement on jadis was "she knows the most, of anyone, ever" and this was after gog's blueprint was already put into play. she knows everything about everything, and that's why she's unable to care

Yeah, I assume this is still true.

Is it really the same people outside of Zoss and Gog? She hasn't mentioned the others as being the major players every time.

Though Gog confirming that the universe is indeed different every time definitely puts to rest my pet theory "Jagganoth's memory is faulty, every cycle is exactly the same, a closed time loop".

As for who Gog's talking about here, I don't really see which character would be appropriate for such a revelation besides Gog herself.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Diogines posted:

It is Whitechain.

I will be quoting this in a week.

Oh but whats this? Its Nyave from the bleachers with a steel chair! What a surprise twist.

But I do think gog is talking about herself here.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The crazy twist is that Allison is a Gog variant.

Case in point: they're both (bottle) blondes.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

This page is so good it gives me chills. Especially Gog emphasizing how many times this has happened "over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND-"

Also, anybody else notice that the floor of the stage with the red curtains basically makes it the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks?

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Everyone up to this point has been very vague about what previous iterations looked like, they only sketched out the broad strokes of Zoss abdication, a bunch of evil usurpers, heir defeats them all somehow and then the end. A perfectly workable way to suggest that the cast may rotate but the upshot remains the same. Gog is the first one save maybe Metatron who recalls what happened with perfect clarity, and she's being pretty explicit here in calling people out by name as previous contenders

Disagree, if she was like "It sure wasn't Prince Hekkynfuqr" then Allison would be like "oh i have no way of knowing who that is so obviously i never thought that they would have gotten close to overthrowing my dad"

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Well, I was wrong… but honestly I’m a bit sad I was wrong, because I don’t actually like the recontextualization of Gog into “Jadis 2: Clown Jadis”

Abaddon’s generally landed things before so I’m entirely still on the ride, I just don’t find this explanation of Gog particularly compelling.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I assumed that was always the case. I mean, we know it's always Jagganoth, so why not the others?

Joe Slowboat posted:

Well, I was wrong… but honestly I’m a bit sad I was wrong, because I don’t actually like the recontextualization of Gog into “Jadis 2: Clown Jadis”

Abaddon’s generally landed things before so I’m entirely still on the ride, I just don’t find this explanation of Gog particularly compelling.

Gog doesn't know the future, though.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 12, 2024

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Joe Slowboat posted:

I like its presentation better than Jadis's already, but I'm wondering what she's gonna reveal that will build up on what Jagganoth already said. Hell, he even used some equivalent to her beach comparison.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I assumed that was always the case. I mean, we know it's always Jagganoth, so why not the others?

I figured Zoss spun it back to some time after he vanished, and given there’s always a pact of the seven part world, it would make sense for the same seven to reoccur every time; my personal choice of time for narrative cohesion would be “when he chooses the heir” which could cover a wide range of moments in time post-universal war.

Also, my comparison is mostly “she’s someone who knows vastly more about the universe and this is why she acts weirdly and doesn’t really try” - but I find Jadis’ version more compelling, mostly because Gog’s whole envy schtick was already really good and fertile without the “became worms to have storage space” thing. It’s a rug pull but I liked the rug and I’m not a fan of the floorboards, even with the nifty twin peaks pattern.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

RocketMermaid posted:

Also, anybody else notice that the floor of the stage with the red curtains basically makes it the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks?
Yeah this was the first visual thing I noticed, before starting to look through all the other details. The floor pattern always stands out :D

I agree with the poster who gushed about the lighting, the facial expressions, etc. - not only was this a great page for exposition, I really like the way it was put together, and that Gog's big revelations are told as she leads Allison in dance

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Gog's face in the lower left is super reminding me of something very specific from art history but i can't remember what it might be. sorta oracular but not that

my own oracular prediction is that the floor is going to open up while they're on it to hardcore reveal some agogs or somethin.

maybe gog is 4th wall aware :prepop:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vOg0HyJpvI

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

In the chaos of the Universal War, all sorts of different weirdos can end up with a Key of Kings, but certain people are more disposed to it than others. It's always Jagganoth, but it's not always Mottom, for instance.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Gog's face in the lower left is super reminding me of something very specific from art history but i can't remember what it might be. sorta oracular but not that

Any chance it’s Shot Marilyns?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

girl dick energy posted:

I think Gog-Agog taking a specific face is the key. Remember, she doesn't remember the earliest Loops all too well, so she probably wasn't a player on the board then, and has just accumulated since a particular one.

I think she's wearing the face of whoever is "supposed" to be the seventh Demiurge, but she's now Sir Not Appearing in this Film and starts off consumed by Gog-Agog before she can even get her story going.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

girl dick energy posted:

Allison's sorority sister who cooks her food back in Chapter 5.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Oh, it could be Zaid.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

coolusername posted:

Oh, it could be Zaid.

“Your STUPID boyfriend!”

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Next page is Allison trying to guess and going through the entire cast.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

If she’s actually the oldest and the strongest and could actually be the big bad and all that… why did she give a flying gently caress what Mottom thought about her when it looked like Jagganoth could lose?
Why did she throw the fight?

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

SniperWoreConverse posted:

maybe gog is 4th wall aware :prepop:
Gog is without a doubt fully aware of the 4th wall, but breaking it is just sooo played out at this point.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Joe Slowboat posted:

If she’s actually the oldest and the strongest and could actually be the big bad and all that… why did she give a flying gently caress what Mottom thought about her when it looked like Jagganoth could lose?

Probably because she can never get that respect she craves? I don't know. I guess with context it's more of a "it is happening again" reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Joe Slowboat posted:

Because she's seen it before, and he can't?