Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

starting to think roman is the smartest person in wrestling

'how am I doing boss' but it's Roman looking up at kevin nash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They wanted the Rock but got Diesel.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Suplex Liberace posted:

He's not Kevin Nash.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Starting to think that Roman is seriously unwell. Maybe it's a medical condition, maybe he's just made out of glass. This is pretty morbid speculation, but maybe the explanation for Roman's reign isn't that WWE books him shittily or that he is a lazy bum. Maybe he just can't do more dates and WWE sticks with him out of pity, loyalty or inertia.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

what

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Nah they just learned from Brock that a champ can be a “special attraction” but thats earned by being a cross sport legend and draw and not the third guy in the shield

Also not surprised the guy who had a run called The Reign of Terror is booking the worse remake

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

the sex ghost posted:

'how am I doing boss' but it's Roman looking up at kevin nash

Director's Cut:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I don't think there's any sort of conspiracy theory beyond it other than "HHH loves agonizingly long title reigns" and "Roman's the only person in the company they've ever bothered to build to this level so they have to drag this poo poo out as long as humanly possible"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

He’s been at least the smartest person in the company since he was able to pull out of Mania right before it was to happen because of COVID, say “I’m not coming back till I know I’ll be safe”, and get that and the exact same spot he had when he left, with a pay raise

Now he has that plus a third of the scheduled appearances

edit: Vince loved him and wanted him as the guy. HHH loves him and wants him as the guy. I really think it’s that simple. In terms of how long it’ll last: he breaks Hogan’s record this summer. After that, I don’t rule out him breaking Bruno’s. Would have been insane to consider that 365 days ago, but now I wouldn’t be shocked

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

did Kevin Nash die when I wasn't looking

anyway, nobody was smarter than The Genius Lanny Poffo

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Maybe at some point they’ll start caring about the number of defences instead of just sheer length and Roman’ll get booked on a Goldberg run

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

weekly font posted:

Nah they just learned from Brock that a champ can be a “special attraction” but thats earned by being a cross sport legend and draw and not the third guy in the shield

Also not surprised the guy who had a run called The Reign of Terror is booking the worse remake

Brock is a once in a lifetime talent across the world. His aura is one that transcends and he us an attraction in everything because Brock himself is the attraction. He'd be the top guy in any era of history.

Roman is a guy they pushed. He never had or has an aura. He's not special. WWE has had special people on their roster while Roman's been there and all have been or were kept away from him because if they were in the sane ring it would be clear he does not belong. Samoa Joe and GUNTHER cone to mind.

He'll they put Roman in there with John Cena and Cena made him look like he should just quit wrestling on the spot as he was nothing standing next to Cena.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Chris James 2 posted:

He’s been at least the smartest person in the company since he was able to pull out of Mania right before it was to happen because of COVID, say “I’m not coming back till I know I’ll be safe”, and get that

that didn’t happen though because he came back before there was a vaccine and wwe still wasn’t doing testing like aew was.

i think he mainly saw an opportune time to increase his leverage and also get veneers for some reason???

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

they put Roman in the same ring with Joe eight times, four of which were singles, one of which was the main event for Backlash 2018 that the crowd utterly hated, bringing about 'BEAT THE TRAFFIC' chants

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

His reign is like that device in Spider-Man 2. You can't stop it now, it's self sustaining. Gonna need someone to sacrifice their career to stop it

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

it's in the name, Roman Reigns. Look at the adjective: reigns.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

Starting to think that Roman is seriously unwell. Maybe it's a medical condition, maybe he's just made out of glass. This is pretty morbid speculation, but maybe the explanation for Roman's reign isn't that WWE books him shittily or that he is a lazy bum. Maybe he just can't do more dates and WWE sticks with him out of pity, loyalty or inertia.

I wonder if they are just letting him take it easy and have the most rehab time and the like between matches to make sure that there is no chance his leukemia returns, while aiming for the longest title run thing

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Roman not wrestling is the only thing that gives him any aura bc he has zero charisma and stinks in the ring.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Roman, he’s got a cool look.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lets be real for a drat second ok? the guy stinks.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

john delorean created a car that "looked cool". even made a movie about it. his bankrupt ashes are spread upon president trumps golf course

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

It is 2029. Roman has completed his metamorphosis into a half-human half-giant title belt, completing the golden prophecy

He is now seemingly impervious to harm and commands an army of Uso gholas

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Mr. Meagles posted:

It is 2029. Roman has completed his metamorphosis into a half-human half-giant title belt, completing the golden prophecy

He is now seemingly impervious to harm and commands an army of Uso gholas

That’d be cool. I’m picturing a golden Colossus from the X-Men but with long soaking wet hair and a WWE logo where his face used to be.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Grendels Dad posted:

lmfao

an iconic once in a generation title run that is so powerful that after every match people declare "I wonder if he got hurt early and that's why the match was like that?" and such a vital presence in the promotion people sometimes wonder if he secretly died.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he's breaking brunos record

hell, they made seth a new belt so they could have "world champion" matches without involving roman. he's beating rock at mania, probably cody again at the mania after that if plans don't change again. roman reigns

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joey McChrist posted:

he's breaking brunos record

hell, they made seth a new belt so they could have "world champion" matches without involving roman. he's beating rock at mania, probably cody again at the mania after that if plans don't change again. roman reigns

honestly can't even say it's a bad idea. Their business seems to be doing great.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

lmfao

an iconic once in a generation title run that is so powerful that after every match people declare "I wonder if he got hurt early and that's why the match was like that?" and such a vital presence in the promotion people sometimes wonder if he secretly died.

my uncle works at wwe and he told me for a fact theyre actually on their 3rd roman reigns.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

well as I say their business is doing great I get a report that tko's stock has dropped sharply today. After it finally crawled slowly to $81, it's now back down to $77.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Roman should just retire, Michael Cole can give us the weekly update on Roman’s reign length while he maybe does a cameo at Wrestlemania and the Saudi shows. Ten years from now he can drop the belt to Dominik.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Shard posted:

well as I say their business is doing great I get a report that tko's stock has dropped sharply today. After it finally crawled slowly to $81, it's now back down to $77.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ThePariah posted:

Roman should just retire, Michael Cole can give us the weekly update on Roman’s reign length while he maybe does a cameo at Wrestlemania and the Saudi shows. Ten years from now he can drop the belt to Dominik.

dominik? not before the rock has one last run with the strap, brother

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

zetamind2000 posted:

dominik? not before the rock has one last run with the strap, brother

Cody sits backstage wiped out from his double DQ against Butch on the kick off. Some stories are longer than others.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I like Roman's big matches, he's the Big Dawg, AHROOOOOF

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

shard please promise me you won't put any more money in it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Buy more, it can’t possibly go any lower right

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
WWE is a horrible company that I refuse to watch on general principles, but darned if their stocks aren't great! :v:

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

I always will appreciate the gift that Goon Rarity gave us with the Beepie nickname. Haven’t seen her post in WH that often nowadays but she was the best scoopsgal and posting pal.

Drakkel posted:

I don't think there's any sort of conspiracy theory beyond it other than "HHH loves agonizingly long title reigns" and "Roman's the only person in the company they've ever bothered to build to this level so they have to drag this poo poo out as long as humanly possible"

Kinda with you there. He’s got so much inertia after a decade plus as the sole focus that it would take effort to make someone else at his level and the only one that believes in putting forth effort in wwe is Vince. Vince was a driven lunatic awnserable to no one so every dude that might give a drat was either driven out, retired, died or broken like a horse. Now that Vince is gone the only guys left are yes men and a failson with a bad ticker who barely got the throne so it’s Roman until the heat death of the universe. Anyone else might make the money guys nervous and Hunter can be easily replaced. It COULD be done but why ice skate uphill for cold doughnuts?

Speaking of failsons: are Rubber Chickens still banned from wwe live events?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DogsInSpace! posted:

I always will appreciate the gift that Goon Rarity gave us with the Beepie nickname. Haven’t seen her post in WH that often nowadays but she was the best scoopsgal and posting pal.

one of the funniest posts ive seen here in a while was someone assuming that everyone loved Beepie because of his crazy antics on Being the Elite and that's where the nickname Beepie came from lol

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Counterpoint: Roman has only ever had negative inertia. He's not had one drop of genuine inertia ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

shard please promise me you won't put any more money in it

I promise I wont put any more money into it