Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I inadvertently have a Disney+ trial, can't find ANYTHING good to watch

the fact that I don't care about animated films doesn't help, and I checked out of the MCU after Endgame (except GotG3 which was legit good imo) and Star War after RoS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

the fact that I don't care about animated films doesn't help, and I checked out of the MCU after Endgame (except GotG3 which was legit good imo) and Star War after RoS

You know the good seasons of the Simpsons are on there?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Watch The Bear, Justified or What We Do In The Shadows

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I would simply watch andor, the famous show about andor

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I like Justified, maybe the Michael Rapaport season was messy. still need to see S6 so I can get to the City Primeval

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
And/or what?

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

The Muppet Show

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Whatever happened to Jonathan Majors? I think he was Kang?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Outpost22 posted:

Nothing. He’s a hot up and coming actor who should *touches earpiece*

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I turned on the peacock(tm) streaming app, the only place the catch america's favorite show the office, and right at the top of the "recommended for you" category was 'wish upon'

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

No he was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from 1990 - 1997

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Doesn’t Disney+ have Mr Boogity?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

This was a ton of horrifying fun. Thanks!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Condolences.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
IT FRIDAY, FUCKERS

starting at 8 est on the discord

1. Shogun's Ninja

2. Pray For Death

3. BloodFight

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
88 films is releasing Project A 1 and 2 on UHD and Sony Classics is releasing Paprika on UHD

Why is god blessing me with such treasures when I didn’t do anything to deserve it?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dr. Thoss posted:

IT FRIDAY, FUCKERS

starting at 8 est on the discord
[b]1. Shogun's Ninja

Hey poo poo that's a young Hiroyuki Sanada. That one could be legit.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Endless Trash posted:

No he was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from 1990 - 1997

No no he was a veteran comedian who played Robin William's son on Mork from Ork

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hey who would have thought that streaming services operated at a loss and would result in layoffs?

As Disney pushes toward streaming profitability, Pixar to undergo layoffs in 2024

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Arc Hammer posted:

Hey who would have thought that streaming services operated at a loss and would result in layoffs?

As Disney pushes toward streaming profitability, Pixar to undergo layoffs in 2024

Streaming service burning through billions of dollars per quarter? That's okay, just offset it by laying off in other parts of the business! :fart: :fuckoff:

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
I've come around and am now pro-Danzig

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The rare uncontroversial glenn

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

billymumphrey posted:

Isn't the President Irish?

Was he born in Ireland? Does he have Irish citizenship or residence status? Does he live there?

All your presidents are American and it's frankly disgusting

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
exciting news guys

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1745896321008234939

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Finally!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, you're gonna have to drag Rick Moranis back to movies in order to get me to see another Ghostbusters

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

Kingo Ligma posted:

Was he born in Ireland? Does he have Irish citizenship or residence status? Does he live there?

All your presidents are American and it's frankly disgusting

He hates the black and tans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6MN2IrIwBk

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I don’t know how to feel about the last episode of The Curse. I enjoyed watching it as a thing unto itself, but it sort of felt like a ripoff. Almost like it ended with all the main characters having a shared dream that meant different things to each person, or something, which is fine, but I got no goddamn closure. I dunno. Maybe I’ll love it, or at least get it, later.

Also it sort of seemed like the weird rear end twist was a bit of a joke, based on Asher and Whitney’s reasoning in the moment. The pressure finally got to Asher.

E: ok, the bit about a shared dream sort of lines up with one theme I got from the show, which is that nobody really sees anybody or anything else clearly; we’re essentially seeing distorted reflections of the actual person or event and our minds are the mirror reflecting it imperfectly due to our unique perspectives, which leads to our responses sometimes being very inappropriate. So, Asher thinks it’s the house is causing him to be stuck to the ceiling and directs Whitney to depressurize it, which she complies with since Asher has kind of broken her at this point and she’s fully absorbed in his worldview. Dougie sees Asher abandoning his family like his own deadbeat dad did. The neighbors see a reality show being recorded. Emergency services sees another weirdo doing weird poo poo they need to handle with basic procedures. Etc. Nobody is dealing with this crazy situation properly not just because it’s unprecedented, but also because they can’t see beyond themselves to what’s actually happening. I think that was the point of the story all a long, but I also wanted the ground level narrative and drama resolved a bit better.

E2: and what was up with the show finally explicitly acknowledging that there’s a second film crew? Abshir seems to be in on it. I thought they would do more with it, but nah.

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 13, 2024

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Joe Biden farted in front of the British royal family, and quite frankly that makes him more Irish than most

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Galaxy Quest did a very sloppy job trimming out the swears for that PG

Also noticed old movies on amazon and amc+ have these jarring ad break fadeouts peppered throughout which annoys me a bit

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Is that really her? She looks like she's aged maybe 5 years since 1989. Especially when she's surrounded by a bunch of ancient, decrepit gargoyles. It's not like her kid or anything?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it's a magazine cover and photoshop exists. notice how bill murray appears to be an elderly man and not a corpse. that's hollywood magic!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
ernie hudson looking great as always

d00kiemastah
Jun 11, 2006
An afro is the symbol of a man.

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol, so is it fair to say that getting rid of piracy was a big motivation behind the move to streaming for studios? It’d make too much sense if movie and TV studios destroy themselves because they were big mad at Pirate Bay

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

d00kiemastah posted:

Lol, so is it fair to say that getting rid of piracy was a big motivation behind the move to streaming for studios? It’d make too much sense if movie and TV studios destroy themselves because they were big mad at Pirate Bay

Because of streaming piracy has never been easier though

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1745957620546986313?t=zIP6I1jKdsrno68y2lb2Iw&s=19

This is very reassuring they certainly have their priorities straight.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

d00kiemastah posted:

Nah the big push was that the studios saw how successful netflix was and wanted in. Also companies love subscription services, see current I.T/Software industry.

Edit:

Arc Hammer posted:

This is very reassuring they certainly have their priorities straight.

I'm going to laugh so hard when this bombs.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Did anyone watch the master of horror series on showtime? Any recommendations for good episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

KakerMix posted:

Because of streaming piracy has never been easier though

Streaming made pirating easier, but the early days of streaming made legally streaming shows a lot easier and more convenient too. My uh, "friend" stopped pirating entirely back when Netflix was cheap and everything was on it. I know several other people who did as well. The incentive to not pirate is long gone, but the ease of doing so remains. Which is just fine by me lol.