Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Russad posted:

Well, the wheel has spoken. Guess I'll be playing "Error Establishing Database Connection" this season.

It works for me via mobile. I'll check again when I get home else you play monk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
It worked after a couple of refreshes. Whatever toaster is running it maybe wasn't prepared for all the Season 30 hype.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Can't wait to start a new season playing my favourite class "I cannot fulfill this request it goes against OpenAI use policy"

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Zenithe posted:

Can't wait to start a new season playing my favourite class "I cannot fulfill this request it goes against OpenAI use policy"

Believe it or not, those are also monks.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Monk jail.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Ugh, this challenge rift with the WD is as unpleasant as I feared.

Tea -- am I correctly seeing the friends leaderboard that you did this in 5:30?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

McCoy Pauley posted:

Ugh, this challenge rift with the WD is as unpleasant as I feared.

Low Damage Body Block RNG: The Video Game is not a great start to the season, no. I've spent the last 45 on it, with a fair amount of that time just being resets on the first elite. Got a few more attempts before I just skip it and start playing next weekend instead assuming the next one isn't equally hosed.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

For this challenge rift: summon your pets, spam Haunt, and use Soul Harvest on random stuff to keep its defensive buff. Playing it like a good Jade WD doesn't work, because you can't spread DoTs well enough. Jade 2pc causes a bunch of damage on reapplication of Haunt, just leverage that (and skip low value trash, kill the big abominations for 1% each, etc).

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Done in 05:47 and gently caress that was the worst thing. You need half the elites to instantly die and the other half to almost instantly die. Just reset until that randomly happens and everything happens to line up with cooldowns. Now I can actually play the season.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Once again like an idiot I am annoyed at the first challenge rift of the season for a class I barely play

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

It was one of the worst season starters for sure.

Pity primal was a cow stick. Fodder for the altar.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
The EU challenge rift was the opposite, a wd but with the spirit barrage that stays on you. Press 2 and run through the rift, easiest one I've ever done since everything dies instantly.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

D3 Devs, you really need to stop making dumb builds like this for the CR that flows into Season Start. You have everything at your disposal. Do better.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Currently in first place on the Helltooth leaderboard because I'm the only one on it.

Only time I'll ever be in the top slot, still counts though.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mind over Matter posted:

Currently in first place on the Helltooth leaderboard because I'm the only one on it.

Only time I'll ever be in the top slot, still counts though.

Winning is winning

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
It's been a little while since I've thought about this, but is there some level or difficulty requirement for Keywardens to show up on the map? I'm not seeing the keys on the area maps. at level 61. Do keywardens not appear until level 70?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

McCoy Pauley posted:

It's been a little while since I've thought about this, but is there some level or difficulty requirement for Keywardens to show up on the map? I'm not seeing the keys on the area maps. at level 61. Do keywardens not appear until level 70?

Silly question maybe, but you're in Adventure Mode and not the campaign, right? I thought they could show up sub-70 but who knows, maybe I was wrong.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Pestilence is a terrible set but at least the set dungeon is very easy.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

D3 Devs, you really need to stop making dumb builds like this for the CR that flows into Season Start. You have everything at your disposal. Do better.

I thought CR were based on actual builds that someone cleared the rift with and the server just takes a snap shot of their setup and the rift seed #. Which makes some of them funny just for how unoptimized they are.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Mind over Matter posted:

Silly question maybe, but you're in Adventure Mode and not the campaign, right? I thought they could show up sub-70 but who knows, maybe I was wrong.

Yeah. I am. But I guess I was getting ahead of myself in looking for them on Master difficulty -- seems like they're showing up now that I'm on T1.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Vakal posted:

I thought CR were based on actual builds that someone cleared the rift with and the server just takes a snap shot of their setup and the rift seed #. Which makes some of them funny just for how unoptimized they are.

It is. Devs aren't handcrafting these.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

McCoy Pauley posted:

I think T1 is the break point for wardens to drop keys.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Dameius posted:

I think T1 is the break point for wardens to drop keys.

Correct, they're Torment-only due to complaints about wrecking low level HC characters.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I've played for nine or so hours and almsot completed the Season's Journey (about halfway on the Altar too). Inna feels so good to start with even though getting from 4 to the full set was annoying and I had to run maybe 10 Act I Bounties for RoRGs (one for the Cube, one for the altar and one for the follers). Now I'm doing sub 90s runs at GR90 and have the sweet Rainment+Inna build for infinite dash bounty runs.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I left yesterday still having to grind a gem up and do a set dungeon to clear t5. It was... not a very lucky start. It got rolling at the end but every rare I upgraded just resulted in the worst timeline. Also having to grind up another 2m in cash because it was late and I bought the wrong jewelry recipe. :v:

Probably should have planned in tempest rush monk or done one of the good crusader builds but I guess with it winding down I can do those in future seasons before it all gets shut down.

Edit: Also every drat season I forget and do the "Ooh finally nemmy bracers!" -> immediately die to bracer-fueled spawn.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 14, 2024

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Seems like a solid leveling build, just needs some gems in armor

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jusupov posted:

Seems like a solid leveling build, just needs some gems in armor

Gold Find is nice

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I ran through the last few bosses and din the Sunwuko set dungeon and an Echoing Nightmare and now my season's journey is done. Probably my fastest ever.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

The altar gives more legs to seasons if you like to check boxes.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Yeah I think this was my fastest season journey too. Finished in around 10 hours played and not really trying to set records (saved cache for altar for example). The altar is nice but the last parts for potions is so random if you see primals. I’ve had some seasons with dozens and others with only a couple.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I got through to the final thing needing one more primal to finish it and never got it in S28, so I'm expecting the same here. Currently I'm blocked on getting a ramalama's gift which just refuses to drop for some reason. At least now needing DBs is a process of just running a bounty and getting four portals while doing it.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Suburban Dad posted:

The altar gives more legs to seasons if you like to check boxes.

I might try pushing with some off-meta sets I enjoy a lot, Vyr Chantodo for instance.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mailer posted:

I got through to the final thing needing one more primal to finish it and never got it in S28, so I'm expecting the same here. Currently I'm blocked on getting a ramalama's gift which just refuses to drop for some reason. At least now needing DBs is a process of just running a bounty and getting four portals while doing it.

I'm stuck at the same point. P6xx. Already completed the journey but don't regret using the cache I couldn't have used otherwise anyway. :v:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I feel like the opening/not opening question could be easily answered with "Are you going to poopsock your way to #1 by playing 20 hours a day this season?"

I played over the weekend for what I feel like was a lot of time and am only now very near putting together the set I want at paragon 505. Then I look at wudi and like 2-3 hours after launch he's blown past 1000. If you're not playing like that just pop the cache so your early game doesn't suck.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I'm stuck on season journey because the one echo I got I chucked in the alter. I've had like 5 gifts though.

Also the leader boards are extremely direct for ssf wd. I checked and there was one person running jade seriously.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Season has been good so far. I got to ~825 paragon this morning as monk. I opened the cache which helped a lot. I also gathered all the altar requirements so I will be able to unlock the rest of the altar tonight, except primals.
I need 1 more primal; I have 4 right now.

Anyways, game good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Raiment Monk got a nice buff apparently so I wanna take that as far as I can reasonably go this season. The set is so dumb looking but that's what transmog is for!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

One of the most challenge rifts of all time

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I keep using forgotten souls trying to reroll myself a better weapon, I assume the best way to farm them is the season 29 portals? My Greater rift speed isn't super fast, running the Akkan's Crusader right now, kinda want to swap to Invoker at some point but my weapon options are really bad. Speaking of Invoker why does it use the Pig Sticker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Early in the season before you come fully online your GR speed should be pegged to <5 minutes except for pushing. Once you are online it should <3 minutes and once you are optimized it should be ~=<2 minutes and never dip below 90 and only exceed 90 if you are not majorly sacrificing time. You just plug in the GR numbers to always make this true.