Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Maybe this kingdom has a severe overabundance of dogs and killing them is an additional bonus?
Alternatively, the guy who came up with that procedure and helped making it a common thing just really hated dogs.

The strangest part of it, imo, is that you need a well-trained dog, which implies that there is an entire industry of constantly training new mandrake dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dogs have much stronger hearing than humans do so maybe mandrake screams hit them different.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Clarste posted:

The strangest part of it, imo, is that you need a well-trained dog, which implies that there is an entire industry of constantly training new mandrake dogs.

Presumably a poorly trained dog would run in a random direction and make you go pick up the mandrake from wherever it's corpse lands, which would mean an extra ten meters of walking for the harvester. Which means mages are both stupid *and* lazy.

At first I thought you might say "well if they were growing on a tree like in the show then a long rope might just cause them to fall off of the branch and the scream would hit anyone that might be below", but do you know what else falls off of branches? Dead dogs

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

Presumably a poorly trained dog would run in a random direction and make you go pick up the mandrake from wherever it's corpse lands, which would mean an extra ten meters of walking for the harvester. Which means mages are both stupid *and* lazy.

At first I thought you might say "well if they were growing on a tree like in the show then a long rope might just cause them to fall off of the branch and the scream would hit anyone that might be below", but do you know what else falls off of branches? Dead dogs

Stupid, lazy, hates dogs...

Most wizards are cats, aren't they?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
maybe the book has more dog related techniques that make more sense and its like, hey here is one more use for a dog!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

chiasaur11 posted:

Most wizards are cats, aren't they?

Why the gently caress does Minerva McGonagall transform into a cat and not an owl

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

This was a fun episode.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

maybe the book has more dog related techniques that make more sense and its like, hey here is one more use for a dog!

Like a disposable dog is just one of the standard multipurpose wizard tools?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
maybe the book just uses a dog as an example, the author expects the reader to be a high-level enough mage that using disposable summons like that is no big deal, but their editor forced them to provide a technically feasible solution for newbie mages

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Frankly it's always been weird how easy it is to summon 1d3 dogs in D&D.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dogs make good summons because they're good boys and will do what you ask them. Try summoning a celestial tiger and ask him to get that jar off the top shelf and see how he responds.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kwyndig posted:

Dogs make good summons because they're good boys and will do what you ask them. Try summoning a celestial tiger and ask him to get that jar off the top shelf and see how he responds.

Cats are really good at getting stuff down from shelves. It will huddle up next to it and softly push it over the edge, where you have no chance of catching it, making it shatter. :3:

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
I know in BG3, I always get Find Familiar when I can and always summon something, just cause it's fun to have a random crab following me around.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I like cooking and I like anime, so I'm already a big fan of this. Seconding or whatever that the dub is really good.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
For people who say Marcille doesn't offer anything of value: she offers funny faces. That's what really matters.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Marcille just lost her girlfriend and then her girlfriend's brother was like "we're gonna get her back but I do need you to start eating monsters though" it's understandable that the girl would be out of sorts

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

For people who say Marcille doesn't offer anything of value: she offers funny faces. That's what really matters.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I do enjoy the party having some friction, even though I think they were too hard on Marcille just before the mandrake bit. Wizards aren't known for being fast ya know?

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

RuBisCO posted:

Or just! A long rope!! Dumb rear end wizards!!!

Top secret harvesting technique, do not show to any wizards:

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

100 N

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My adventuring colleague kept complaining that mandrakes kept killing his dogs, so I asked him how many dogs he has and he said every time he needs a mandrake he just went to the shelter and got another one. So I said it sounds like he’s just feeding shelter dogs to mandrakes and his elf wizard companion started crying

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i think my biggest disappointment is that the ED doesn't feature marcille's dance moves

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
thank you, dungeon meshi and posters, for the new avatar. thungeon meshi

edit: VV thank you, it's been a pleasure

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 14, 2024

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
welcome to the marcille avatar conspiracy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God, I've been overdue for a new avatar, maybe...

E: this is not an invitation to spend money on me i am an IK i can do it for free

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

New Stupid Newbie avatar picture just dropped.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/Sq0XWEz.mp4

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
I should get a Marcille avatar

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Waffleman_ posted:

God, I've been overdue for a new avatar, maybe...

E: this is not an invitation to spend money on me i am an IK i can do it for free

Free Marcille avs for everyone?

takentakentaken

Edit:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 20, 2024

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If my heart was dedicated to Marcille I would probably get Falin's round head in episode one... Its so round!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
January 2024, a season of two very different elves

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Many Elves of Winter

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anytime there isn't an elf onscreen someone should he asking where the elf at.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We just need Deedlit back now

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Need the guy who did that sick rear end Silmarillion AMV to make a full Silmarillion anime series for maximum Elf.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Shinjobi posted:

January 2024, a season of two very different elves

if we're (I'm) lucky, we'll have a 3rd elf in the pipeline. year of the elf, baby!

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

oops all elves

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

elves ftw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Frieren and Marcille are especially good because their ears are very long.

They could be longer though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Frieren and Marcille are especially good because their ears are very long.

They could be longer though.

PS, you can't link imgur pics for AVs. I'll fix it though