Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

It's funny that they translated Pathfinder so closely and lovingly and then didn't do it at all with this.

For me my main Ulfar issue was if I used his charge he'd just gently caress off into a random corner of the map. He did this LOADS

Lol I nearly lost a combat because of this in the end game. I was so mad. It's not that it basically crippled me for the encounter It's that it also took like 4 minutes for the animation to finish.

The most recent patch finally allows plasma to hurt the shooter. We're finally full Warhammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Patch Notes

quote:

System and stability

Fixed a crash caused in some cases by Strange Vitality talent;
[PS5 only] Fixed some reasons for excessive lag;
Fixed a case of crashing during loading the game;

Co-op

Fixed a bug that prevented co-op mode from launching and displayed an error upon trying to enter the lobby due to the specific properties of the user's avatar in the store;
Fixed desyncs at level up screen;

Narrative

In Act IV, during
, the dialogue could begin before all the
were dead - fixed;
After winning the second fight on the arena in Act III, dialogue sometimes would not start, blocking further playthrough - fixed;
Fixed a case of dialogue getting stuck in Marazhai's personal quest;
It was possible to enter Jae's personal quest zone
without her, causing the quest to get stuck. Fixed - it is now mandatory to bring Jae to her quest;
Fixed a broken option in the Blood Ties quest;
Fixed a bug potentially preventing the final romance event of Yrliet from starting;
Fixed multiple cases of cutscenes and dialogues not starting in Act IV;
In Jae romance, some scenes could play in wrong order under certain circumstances, breaking the narrative consistensy - fixed, they will now play in the right order;
Fixed a problem with Jae romance which could get the player stuck in black void after the scene;

Mechanics

Fixed cases when Characteristic Training didn't grant proper bonuses;

in Act I final encounter wasn't shooting the second shuttle under certain circumstances - fixed;
Plasma Explosion (effect of overheating Plasma weapon) was not affecting the wearer of the plasma weapon - fixed, IT BURNS NOW;
Inscribed Soul Sanctioned Psyker talent did not work correctly - fixed;
Usage of Grand Strategist stratagem abilities, navigator ability Spot of Apathy, psyker pyromantic powers Inflame and Orchestrate Flames, psyker divination powers Precognition and Prophetic Intervention and triggering Perils of the Warp in range of melee enemies provoked attacks of opportunity. It was not intended, fixed;
Some AP cost decreasing talents could decrease AP below restrictions, making some abilities free - fixed;
Fixed a minor case of invisible loot container at Rykad Minoris;

UI

Fixed a case where exiting a new game menu and opening it again wouldn't refresh the choices;
"Continue" button in the main menu will no longer grey out for no apparent reason;

Items

Grenadier's cloak was causing grenades to do 0 damage - fixed, now works as intended;
Added +10 crit chance to Astartes Chainsword;
Gas Cloud Grenade now works as intended;
Hand of Offense now works as intended;

Space

Additional ship equipment was added to reputation level 0 for space vendors. Some existing items have had their reputation and PF requirements tweaked.
Added additional space exploration loot to some locations;

Localization

Fixed some typos;
Removed unexpected russian text in the combat log for other languages;

Does that AP cost fix completely wreck the Pasqal plasma build? With the AP recharge talent on an Officer's HM he could attack 11 times.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

code:

Plasma Explosion (effect of overheating Plasma weapon) was not affecting the wearer of the plasma weapon - fixed, IT BURNS NOW;

Hmmm hopefully this isnt too bad. plasmas are already kind of eh

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

pentyne posted:

Does that AP cost fix completely wreck the Pasqal plasma build? With the AP recharge talent on an Officer's HM he could attack 11 times.

Needs testing, but I'd suspect no. His talent doesn't decrease the attack cost, it refunds 1 AP after firing a plasma weapon. (You still need 2 AP to fire in AoE or maximal mode, and then get one back, for example.) What the officer heroic does to make it crazy is not that it recharges AP, but rather that it disables the normal limit on attack actions.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The notable one I think would be AM’s Wildfire?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Szarrukin posted:

Honestly I'm glad they didn't, Rogue Trader tabletop is borderline unplayable jankfest.

yeah aside from some names and brand identity stuff this was basically an Owlcat original system and it's much better for it

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Pascal's plasma build is still good, just not kill every single enemy before they move good.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

pentyne posted:

Patch Notes

1ap flamer attacks were costing 0ap with the talent, despite it saying minimum 1 on the tooltip. You could take dozens of shots with an officer ult.

The Lone Badger posted:

The notable one I think would be AM’s Wildfire?

Wildfire isn't a talent, but maybe?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Starting up Act 4 and going through the litany of companion conversations, it really is wild how you can at nearly every single major point of dialogue either have someone killed, tell them you don't care, or get rid of them in some dramatic fashion.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Can someone explain what CharacterNocturne's whole motivation? Act 4 quest triggers left me completely in the dark how that concluded

He mentions that the deldar really hosed up by capturing so many farseers and he was trying to tip back the scales

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

babypolis posted:

He mentions that the deldar really hosed up by capturing so many farseers and he was trying to tip back the scales

I think you need Marazhai in the party when confronting the Act 3 final boss, but there's a dialogue reveal about the whole situation that suggests abducting and loving with a dozen+ farseers could likely lead to literally every Craftworld going scorched earth on Commorragh and every Drukhari they can find

pentyne fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 13, 2024

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the encounter design in this game is legit great. where were these guys during the pathfinder games

Gainsboro
Feb 28, 2023

Twenty Year Lurker

Preechr posted:

Did you not take Silent Running 1 and 2?
I took them on my first run, but so many fights start with the enemy ships really far away (some where Shallow Jump was required just to fire my lance on turn 1) that it felt like a waste of perks.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

I found for high difficulty ship combat you don't actually want to be close to enemies you just want to be dumping torpedos and running away forever. The ship combat started fun but turned to real poo poo by the end.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What are some of the best hidden contracts and colony-drama rewards people have found? I really like the torpedoes from the Janus event chain when you let the eldarlands spread.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Can't find the answer to this but the big bad deldar homunculus won't let me get back Heinrix even after winning the first arena fight. Did I lose him for good or will he escape some how and meet back on my ship if I get out of this city?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

AndyElusive posted:

Can't find the answer to this but the big bad deldar homunculus won't let me get back Heinrix even after winning the first arena fight. Did I lose him for good or will he escape some how and meet back on my ship if I get out of this city?

I had an issue getting Cassia, I just had to revert to an earlier save and got her back as expected.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I've found silent running perks some of the best. With heavy hitting lancers and some warping around you can take out a ship or two before they get a turn.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

I got psykers after the 2nd arena fight

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Dandywalken posted:

code:
Hmmm hopefully this isnt too bad. plasmas are already kind of eh

I had a LOT of success with my plasma gun on my main character soldier/arch-militant

AndyElusive posted:

You'll get him back don't worry, just at the end of the sequence of it all
I had the same issue with Cassia since I had her and him and you only get to take one of them

Taear fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 13, 2024

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Taear posted:

You'll get him back don't worry, just at the end of the sequence of it all
I had the same issue with Cassia since I had her and him and you only get to take one of them

I had the same issue and never saw him again, not even mentioned by anybody ever.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How does coop work in this?
Is the same as BG3 where all player characters technically count as an interchangeable MC and the game is constantly getting confused about who is who?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A couple of my friends were going to play the whole thing co-op but apparently only the host gets to be the main character and the ‘guest’ player just mostly stands around doing nothing

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

What are some of the best hidden contracts and colony-drama rewards people have found? I really like the torpedoes from the Janus event chain when you let the eldarlands spread.

If you elect the nice guy option to be the new head priest on Foulstone (Lord Tychon iirc), he doesn't appear to give you any benefits but you unlock a contract that gives you 5000 rep with all vendors at no cost. Its very nice.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

A couple of my friends were going to play the whole thing co-op but apparently only the host gets to be the main character and the ‘guest’ player just mostly stands around doing nothing

Good to know.
Honestly, if I'm going to play through that game again in coop then I'd much prefer that method.
BG3's coop just makes it impractical to keep track of the story.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Jack Trades posted:

Good to know.
Honestly, if I'm going to play through that game again in coop then I'd much prefer that method.
BG3's coop just makes it impractical to keep track of the story.

Yea I hate the Larian method where everyone's like their own contained story and it keeps sequence breaking, legit it's part of what I don't like about the games

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Taear posted:

Yea I hate the Larian method where everyone's like their own contained story and it keeps sequence breaking, legit it's part of what I don't like about the games

I have a BG3 coop campaign running right now and it keeps constantly switching between all 3 players in cutscenes and such, which creates a feeling like we aren't playing 3 different characters but rather one character that has an extreme case of Tyler Durden-ing going on.

I think I'd much rather have one guy be the MC every time at this point.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fellblade posted:

I had the same issue and never saw him again, not even mentioned by anybody ever.

I had to go physically break him out of his cage thing.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So last night I was doing a random encounter type thing in the void - a ship corrupted by chaos with a surviving magos and then a fight with a forge fiend when I ran into a truly bizarre bug. For some reason, for every turn, Pasqal had 22 AP. He also kept taking other people’s turns and when another character would get a turn they’d have 1-2 AP and went in seemingly random orders - Heinrix didn’t get to do anything the whole fight but Cassia went three or four times and Pasqal like six. I thought maybe it was some ~effect of chaos~ because I was super stoned last night doing it but in the cold light of day it feels like some kind of series of compounding technical errors

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Nephthys posted:

If you elect the nice guy option to be the new head priest on Foulstone (Lord Tychon iirc), he doesn't appear to give you any benefits but you unlock a contract that gives you 5000 rep with all vendors at no cost. Its very nice.

I ran into Foulstone for the first time last night and took the iconoclast option, which founded a colony that seems really useful. Got me wondering though, that wasn’t telegraphed at all, if I had chosen the other options would it have resulted in no colony? I love that this game gives the player the chance to miss something so seemingly relevant and useful

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Starting act 5. The first part of the act 4 final fight bugged and I wound op soloing the whole encounter with my MC using the biomancy staff. That sequence was pretty rad though.

Something does happen with the biomancy staff and the refund biomancy AP and the refund AP with the warp being calm feats because sometimes I can spam that staff 4-5 times in a row.

The staff spill over heal also brings dudes back to life, so that’s neat.

Frog Act posted:

So last night I was doing a random encounter type thing in the void - a ship corrupted by chaos with a surviving magos and then a fight with a forge fiend when I ran into a truly bizarre bug. For some reason, for every turn, Pasqal had 22 AP. He also kept taking other people’s turns and when another character would get a turn they’d have 1-2 AP and went in seemingly random orders - Heinrix didn’t get to do anything the whole fight but Cassia went three or four times and Pasqal like six. I thought maybe it was some ~effect of chaos~ because I was super stoned last night doing it but in the cold light of day it feels like some kind of series of compounding technical errors

A not uncommon bug. Happened to a few folks in this thread including me. I think their reaction to being attacked sequence thing is bugged.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Naramyth posted:

Starting act 5. The first part of the act 4 final fight bugged and I wound op soloing the whole encounter with my MC using the biomancy staff. That sequence was pretty rad though.

Something does happen with the biomancy staff and the refund biomancy AP and the refund AP with the warp being calm feats because sometimes I can spam that staff 4-5 times in a row.

The staff spill over heal also brings dudes back to life, so that’s neat.

A not uncommon bug. Happened to a few folks in this thread including me. I think their reaction to being attacked sequence thing is bugged.

Oh good I was worried it was just me and something had gone terribly awry

Balance in that ship was loving weird. I’ve won every fight in 1-2 tries so far on normal, but then the one before that with a few skulls, magi, sniper mooks, and four buffing heralds in the form of loudspeakers hosed me up. I just couldn’t get through the health the buffs added and couldn’t get all of them down in one turn before they buff (did get 3 eventually but the last buffed them). Spent an hour trying it before just using Toybox to kill them all and dropping the difficulty down to story…but then I got to the forgefiend fight which, AP bug aside, I just totally wiped the floor with, the fiend could barely deal any damage at all and Pasqal thunder hammered it in like three rounds. It’s so weird to go from people getting one shot by servitors and sniper crits on normal to being basically invulnerable just by dropping one difficulty tier. I’m assuming that was just the one encounter but I probably need to rebuild all my characters, I don’t really understand the class system as well as I should and probably am not using the various accumulating passives as effectively as I could

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Those two loudspeaker fights are probably this games swarm-battle.
I.E Bullshit difficulty spike that makes no sense.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

babypolis posted:

Much obliged

CHOAM
Mar 13, 2022

So if Uralon The Cruel is broken is it just better to ignore him? I'd prefer not waiting possibly ages for him to get fixed especially so close to the end

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

pentyne posted:

I think you need Marazhai in the party when confronting the Act 3 final boss, but there's a dialogue reveal about the whole situation that suggests abducting and loving with a dozen+ farseers could likely lead to literally every Craftworld going scorched earth on Commorragh and every Drukhari they can find

Did everybody miss that farseers spending too long in Commoragh could cause a warp incursion? They mention dimensional stability is the one law that the Black Heart actually bothers to enforce. If anyone finds out what Yremeryss did Vect will come down on the whole spire and kill everyone. Nocturne is trying to protect the webway in a way that doesn't result in the Black Heart killing thousands of Eldar and several farseers. Much better to foist it all on a human and some drukhari patsies.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I was in such a hurry to leave that place I may have forgot the finer details.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Issaries posted:

Makes me feel better to know that those are all a general experience and not a sudden indicator that my builds are broken, at least

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Issaries posted:

I still steamrolled through them on Daring but they were a clear difficulty spike unlike which I haven't seen before or after.
Even the boss of that "dungeon" was a chump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Yeah I also rolled those fights on daring. I had to reload once on that boss but then he bugged out and I 21AP melees him to death with my MC