Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

True fans know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Did you just make a fuckin quidditch joke

lol did we just spend 2 pages talking about a schmo who can shoot 100%

Sabonis:
on 62/39.5/67, on the 5 seed, 33 double doubles, 9 triple doubles

not even listed

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

The Maestro posted:

Sabonis:

not even listed

I was just typing this out and you beat me to it lol

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
turkish partisans turning out for alpy

sabonis is jewish now so lithuanian partisans have abandoned him

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Sabonis and Kat are out shined by guards, while Sengun is the coolest guy on his team

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

JackBandit posted:

I don’t know how to define best athlete, but I always thought that NBA players were the most freakish athletes in that their body shapes are the most outrageous - tall, skinny, huge wingspans. Compared to a lot of sports, they’re lighter at their heights, so they can jump higher and quicker, they’re more agile. I also think they have to be smarter than most sports because the game is continuous and continually dynamic (although there’s definitely roles where you don’t have to know everything that’s going on in the court).

I knew some oline in (low) D1 college and they were definitely not intelligent. The ballers were all smart though.

While yeah "best athlete" doesn't have a real definition, I'd say that track and field and football WR's (and maybe cornerbacks, idk I'm not a football person) are who I'd put at the top of the list.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Maestro posted:

Sabonis:

not even listed

maybe if he could make a free throw people would care about him

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I think Chauncey is cooked.

He didn't get the best situation to jump into, but he also never really grew as a coach. D'Antoni would have been a much better fit and I'd like to see him get a shot as I think he could unlock Scoot / Sharpe / Simons.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

can someone dust off some old Lockback Wiggins posts

https://twitter.com/BasketballOnX/status/1745929617112756259?s=20

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lol bulls fans know how to hold a grudge

https://twitter.com/63nopersonality/status/1745993030765543808?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://streamable.com/kxtv6d

quote:

Time |Play
7:49 |LaMelo Ball misses 28-foot three point jumper
8:06 |Victor Wembanyama misses dunk
8:12 |LaMelo Ball bad pass (Jeremy Sochan steals)
8:17 |Victor Wembanyama lost ball turnover (LaMelo Ball steals)
8:28 |Miles Bridges misses 21-foot jumper
8:45 |Devin Vassell misses 25-foot three point pullup jump shot
9:05 |LaMelo Ball loose ball foul
9:05 |Brandon Miller misses tip shot
9:05 |Brandon Miller misses tip shot
9:09 |LaMelo Ball misses two point shot
9:13 |Devin Vassell bad pass (Terry Rozier steals)
9:24 |LaMelo Ball misses running pullup jump shot
9:32 |Victor Wembanyama misses 10-foot jumper
9:45 |Brandon Miller misses 11-foot two point shot
9:55 |Victor Wembanyama misses 25-foot three point jumper
10:02 |Nick Richards blocks Devin Vassell 's 2-foot two point shot
10:18 |Brandon Miller misses 26-foot three point jumper
10:29 |Julian Champagnie misses 25-foot three point jumper
10:44 |Terry Rozier misses 27-foot three point pullup jump shot The teams went a combined 0-14, with 1 other shot getting blocked, three turnovers, and one foul.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 13, 2024

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

can someone dust off some old Lockback Wiggins posts

https://twitter.com/BasketballOnX/status/1745929617112756259?s=20

Excuse you, that's All-Star Starter Andrew Wiggins you're throwing shade at.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

Jesus Christ that's brutal

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

They shouldn’t hate the guy who brought them six championships imho

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

detroitpistons.txt
https://twitter.com/TheHateCentral/status/1745984560578380061

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Seams posted:

They shouldn’t hate the guy who brought them six championships imho

"Players and coaches don't win championships; organizations win championships." - Jerry Krause

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Hasn't been a day since the last Inside the NBA episode and we've got enough clips already for a full Shaqtin segment.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Full Collapse posted:

"Players and coaches don't win championships; organizations win championships." - Jerry Krause

That's how every executive thinks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Full Collapse posted:

He's right.

Its not something an org should say, but he's not wrong. Considering the Players and Coaches are part of the org.

The Bulls FO made a bunch of smart and good, and risky moves to enable those things.

Krause, a dead man, got completely jobbed out by The Last Dance. And isn't alive to defend himself.

I love making GBS threads on the Reinsdorfs as much as the next guy but I really don't have the same hate for Krause. Considering he was just the fall guy for Jerry with the players.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

incredible

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Dexo posted:

He's right.

Its not something an org should say, but he's not wrong. Considering the Players and Coaches are part of the org.

The Bulls FO made a bunch of smart and good, and risky moves to enable those things.

Krause, a dead man, got completely jobbed out by The Last Dance. And isn't alive to defend himself.

I love making GBS threads on the Reinsdorfs as much as the next guy but I really don't have the same hate for Krause. Considering he was just the fall guy for Jerry with the players.

The way it can come off is, "players and coaches don't matter. The front office put all those pieces together and everyone should be grateful. You were nothing before us and you are disposable."

That's what irks me and I can understand why the boos.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

You can be right and also recognize that you’re never winning a PR or recognition battle against Michael loving Jordan in the 90s so maybe keep your mouth shut

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Full Collapse posted:

The way it can come off is, "players and coaches don't matter. The front office put all those pieces together and everyone should be grateful. You were nothing before us and you are disposable."

That's what irks me and I can understand why the boos.

Only if you take the worst possible interpretation.

But shrug, yeah you aren't going to win a PR battle with Jordan and Phil using him as the avatar for us vs them.

They have done a great job at hagiography for themselves. Shout out to the last dance.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Stagger_Lee posted:

Players in other sports hardly ever dunk in-game, so gently caress em.

cant argue with this

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

do you think theres any current nba player who has never been able to dunk a basketball even in practice

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

WhyteRyce posted:

You can be right and also recognize that you’re never winning a PR or recognition battle against Michael loving Jordan in the 90s so maybe keep your mouth shut

The unfortunate aspect of this is we have indeed seen Jordan try to do Krause's job and he did it about as well as Krause could do Jordan's.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://x.com/SBN_Ricky/status/1746007790231883976

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Mean Baby posted:

I think Chauncey is cooked.

He didn't get the best situation to jump into, but he also never really grew as a coach. D'Antoni would have been a much better fit and I'd like to see him get a shot as I think he could unlock Scoot / Sharpe / Simons.

i don't think d'antoni wants to be full-time coach because he doesn't want to travel

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

do you think theres any current nba player who has never been able to dunk a basketball even in practice

There something called a Markquis Nowell that is 5'8 and may or may not be able to dunk. Handful of other guys under 5'10. Presumably one of them doesn't have elite ups.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

There something called a Markquis Nowell that is 5'8 and may or may not be able to dunk. Handful of other guys under 5'10. Presumably one of them doesn't have elite ups.

yeah i just checked and other than that guy the pistons have a guy who's 5'9" who i already forgot the name of. only 2 players listed as active on nba.com under 6 ft tall currently and i spent 15 seconds for each looking for a video of them dunking and couldnt find it

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I don't know if Jose Alvarado could dunk even in warmups.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

I mean how do you not show the widow first?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Full Collapse posted:

That's true for every team sport except basketball.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
So the Clippers have the most games with a 20-point leads this season, with 16 or something. Zach Lowe tells me Kawhi is having the best iso shooting season of his career, in 2024. And PG is shooting 53% from 3 the last couple of weeks.

Somewhere out there is a timeline where they don’t get injured and take this team to the finals.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i mean i feel bad for that lady that a bunch of deranged people booed her dead husband but... lmao.

they had to know that was going to happen, what loving dum dum set that up.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

stacey king calling out the boo-birds
https://x.com/StephNoh/status/1745996260253802507?s=20

"that's not chicago. that's new york, philly."

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Knicks fans only boo opposing players we're too deluded in thinking everyone on the Knicks is a superstar to boo them

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Can TJ McConnell dunk?

According to BBRef he has never dunked in his eight year NBA career.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Good grief, the PR people should have to apologize to her personally for that fuckup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

from now on the widows of anyone michael jordan was mad at 35 years ago are ON NOTICE