Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SE Watering posted:

This thread needs dissenting voices. else it is just a echo chamber of jermiah crobblyn fans.

Try to see it from someone elses pov.

it will do you good.

I see other views every day of my life by turning on the TV or radio you silly fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
so you've got a telly then?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
if we're being dissenting, then

ELECTION YEAR, YOOOOOOO!
who is going to vote?
Ballot hyyyyype! Crazy excited for those exit polls!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

so you've got a telly then?

Yes, I am watching wrestling on it now.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
If I wanted the dissenting views of wet normie libs I'd simply go on Facebook.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Azza Bamboo posted:

if we're being dissenting,
No we're not :colbert:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Azza Bamboo posted:

if we're being dissenting, then

ELECTION YEAR, YOOOOOOO!
who is going to vote?
Ballot hyyyyype! Crazy excited for those exit polls!

Fun Nerd election night coverage question - why is Jeremy Vine ordered not to polish his shoes before he does his Answer Prancer Virtual Studio Seat Swingometer routine for the BBC?

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Mr Teatime posted:

I’ll drop the boat chat after this if it’s winding people up or not thread appropriate, but it really isn’t as clear cut as simply being Israeli owned/operated or whatever. The ships I’m on are on, like the Hangzhou are being targeted because our run across the world used to include a single port call in Haifa. That’s it. We don’t go there anymore but it doesn’t matter, the ships are now considered targets. There’s been ships attacked that never called in Israel but because they carried cargo that later ended up in Israel, they are now targets. The links in a lot of cases are pretty tenuous at best.

Do more boat chat

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SE Watering posted:

This thread needs dissenting voices. else it is just a echo chamber of jermiah crobblyn fans.

it will do you good.

If I don't read dissenting voices then how do I spend so much time making fun of them?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

SE Watering posted:

it will do you good.

Cool, and when we point out that those voices are wrong and provide evidence of it? Because every single "dissenting voice" seems to just end up being a time wasting loving moron who wants to play at it being the early 2000's.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Feels like we're all just talking across each other here. The 'dissenting voice' is the poster whose literal irl friends and colleagues are on boats being attacked by the Houthis, and even then they're hardly screaming for vengeance. Maybe goons itt could just have the tiniest shred of empathy and cool their angry online jets for once.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

The Perfect Element posted:

Feels like we're all just talking across each other here. The 'dissenting voice' is the poster whose literal irl friends and colleagues are on boats being attacked by the Houthis, and even then they're hardly screaming for vengeance. Maybe goons itt could just have the tiniest shred of empathy and cool their angry online jets for once.

Ahhh sorry, I just get very tired of being told "go out of your echo chamber" and then you do so and you try and learn more and it seems as if you were right in the first place.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I suppose there is one upside which is that even if they were specifically targeting UK military assets you could still say they weren't legitimate targets because apparently they're staffed by child soldiers now.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

It's his fault for having a job

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Yvonmukluk posted:

Clearly the private sector can't handle it and it needs to be renationalised for the common good.

(This won't happen regardless of who wins the GE, but a goon can dream).

I find the privatisation of the post office to be one of the more bizarre efforts to make everything into a capitalist hellscape. In the age of emails, the ability to send physical letters is practically the definition of a public service that cannot be profit making, along with basic utilities and healthca-oh poo poo, there I go again, I’m a communist now

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Lol and now we are at the point of just making up what people have said.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

Who is doing that?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

I mean that is literally the US's argument, it was in their press release and everything.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Gonzo McFee posted:

I mean that is literally the US's argument, it was in their press release and everything.

Yeah, there're US and British naval assets in the region that could be enforcing a no-fly zone over Gaza but what are they actually being used for? Tells you everything, really.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I think even in this thread, there are a lot of people who struggle with the reality of just how monstrously cynical and unjust our actions in the Middle East are. They're, like, really monstrous, to the extent that it's understandable enough to look at it with dismay and say: "Ok, things can't really be as bad as they seem, can they?"

But they are.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
My view is that it sucks that you're going to get taken hostage by Yemen but also they are trying to interfere with a genocide that's being aided and abeted by your employers and the entire West so idk phone in sick.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Its not a good look to headscratch about israel bombing arabs and come up with the solution of directly linking the houthis' actions to the conflict and then bombing some more arabs.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

99 with the 4chan avatar lol, who is the 4chan type person among us

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Its not a good look to headscratch about israel bombing arabs and come up with the solution of directly linking the houthis' actions to the conflict and then bombing some more arabs.

We could not bomb Yemen. There's no reason to bomb Yemen beyond not being happy that we're being humiliated by a country we starved and bombed for seven years and still lost to.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

a correct post imo

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Pistol_Pete posted:

Counterpoint: Yes you do :colbert:

do we really got to hand it to a group that literally has 'a curse upon the Jews' in their slogan

seems less than ideal

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lol at Reeves actively promising to make poo poo worse if elected:

https://x.com/tkispeter/status/1746139063587869023?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Clearly the private sector can't handle it and it needs to be renationalised for the common good.

(This won't happen regardless of who wins the GE, but a goon can dream).

Unlike Royal Mail, which is publically traded, the Post Office is a private company wholly owned by the British state with 99% of the outlets independently run.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'll only plant these seeds if the harvest comes in.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Skarsnik posted:

do we really got to hand it to a group that literally has 'a curse upon the Jews' in their slogan

seems less than ideal

Nothing is black and white or binary, and there are no good players in any of this madness.

The Houthis have probably committed less actually genocidal acts than any of the others.

The Houthis are the only people* who are putting direct pressure on Israel & co to stop an ongoing genocide against an innocent civilian population trapped inside the world's largest concentration camp. In this aspect, yes we really have to hand it to them, because this genocide has to stop.

Having this stance doesn't mean that I support their stance on Jewish people or anything else to do with them. HTH

[* Just for clarity, I'm talking about people who are within the same region. South Africa is doing sterling work in the international courts]

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 13, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

seems less than ideal

I don't think anyone would deny that the Houthi, to use the liberal parlance of the day, are very problematic. But to borrow another phrase popular with liberals, don't let perfect be the enemy of good. It's not like by acknowledging that at least the Houthi are doing something to put pressure on Israel to stop their genocidal war or at least try force Israel's allies to maybe supply maybe even 5% less military aid for the duration of the campaign to force Gazans off their land means someone endorses the entire Houthi platform.

I take the bold stance that genocide is never excusable. But let's worry about stopping the guys actually doing it before worrying about the guys fantasising about it but without actually having the means to perform it. Neither are good but one is ever so slightly pressing than the other.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jan 13, 2024

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

We'll let them off with a bit of jew cursing then, as a treat

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Skarsnik posted:

We'll let them off with a bit of jew cursing then, as a treat

So what are you asking here? Are you asking that people condemn those who talk of genocide for putting pressure on people actually committing a genocide?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I reckon you should maybe just not go to bat for a group who's main aim is genocide, just cos they happen to be against another one?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
One again the concept of critical support completely lost on a thread of leftists

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Skarsnik posted:

I reckon you should maybe just not go to bat for a group who's main aim is genocide, just cos they happen to be against another one?

Life must be very fluffy in that binary-thinking brain of yours. I'm actually envious. :allears:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skarsnik posted:

I think the assertion is that the attacks on shipping with the aim of putting pressure on other countries to stop supporting the israeli genocide of palestinians, is a justifiable action, and that doesn't necessitate supporting any other part of their political platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Failed Imagineer posted:

One again the concept of critical support completely lost on a thread of leftists

leftists when it suits them it seems

fuctifino posted:

Life must be very fluffy in that binary-thinking brain of yours. I'm actually envious. :allears:

Yeah I'm good thanks :thumbsup: