Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Infinitum posted:

I believe it's at 37 points, just edging out Dragonflight at 36

wrong roman numeral!!!!!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Infinitum posted:

That's FF14, not 16.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Infinitum posted:

you've flipped the I and V

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cael posted:

Perfect execution, a tight story, and kept me guessing until the end when the entire game just delivered and then some

sirtommygunn posted:

I love this game without reservation. I love the goofy characters, the story, and all the puzzles. Even the obligatory stealth section is good.

TriffTshngo posted:

Seriously, it's a genuine masterpiece. The gameplay is creative, clever, and fun even a decade+ later, the writing is on point, the core plot is engrossing, and the characters are almost all ridiculously memorable. To make an extremely bold statement, I think it's EASILY in the running for best ending to a video game of all time.

27. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Capcom) (2023)
70 points. Voted for 12 times. Appeared #1 once. Average of 5.8

Starting to think I should have created a best hairstyle award and given it to this dude.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

All these Final Fantasies are confusing, OK?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So happy many more people got to play ghost trick with the recent remaster.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

27. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Capcom) (2023)
70 points. Voted for 12 times. Appeared #1 once. Average of 5.8

Starting to think I should have created a best hairstyle award and given it to this dude.

gently caress me, veeg where is this on your list, how have we been slacking and not made you play it yet

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Nice.

Surprised Diablo IV made it, but I guess maybe I just heard too many of those 40,000 word Reddit posts or their SA equivalent.

EDIT: Yeah, Ghost Trick!

Jossar fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 13, 2024

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Best post of the thread right here.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Ineffiable posted:

So happy many more people got to play ghost trick with the recent remaster.

:yeah:
This game was a real gem on NDS back in the day. Nice little puzzle game with heart.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Arist posted:

wrong roman numeral!!!!!

Ibblebibble posted:

That's FF14, not 16.

Regy Rusty posted:

you've flipped the I and V

It's 3am and I'm tired cause I'm staying up to watch the list :negative:

Maybe it's time for bed!

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

Yay Ghost Trick! Featuring the best dog in video games.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

gently caress me, veeg where is this on your list, how have we been slacking and not made you play it yet

It is on the list, but not soon. Sounds like I should rectify this?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Great countdown so far!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

yeah

It's another one that should be on my flowchart

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Atoramos posted:

Progress constantly unlocks new and interesting mechanics which far outshine the tools from the first game. I personally found the story very compelling.

An Actual Princess posted:

Still, it's first-person puzzling at its absolute best.

Belgian Waffle posted:

Sometimes, you enter a puzzle room and everything just clicks and you complete it in 30 seconds and you feel like the smartest person in the world. That's always real nice.

26. Talos Principle 2 (Croteam) (2023)
75 points. Voted for 14 times. Apeared #1 once. Average of 5.3

I cannot get enough of puzzow games and I have to make sure that this is played along with the first. :hai:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gah I haven't had time to get to Talos 2. But i've bought it. Maybe in 2-3 games time

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I've said it before in my list but I enjoyed talos 2 a lot more than the first.

But you really need to play 1 as the build up to it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

I've said it before in my list but I enjoyed talos 2 a lot more than the first.

But you really need to play 1 as the build up to it.

"Epitaph? What? Wait a second!"
- Regy Rusty, v.79.002.42b

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Seedge posted:

This won't be for everyone but if you liked Fire Emblem 3 Houses it's like that with superheroes.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I’m close to embarrassed at how much I loved this game. Sure, the core deck-building/card-playing mechanics are expertly designed. And yes, your superhero pals look and sound extremely cool in action. And I suppose it was wonderful to create a central character so goofy-looking (^^^) that everything he does on screen is hilarious.

biceps crimes posted:

The tactical combat is the best I’ve played in any game. The hero decks are all well balanced, and the combat produces so many satisfying situations where I feel like I won a victory by the slimmest of margins. This game challenges me but also makes me feel like a genius with almost every mission.

25. Marvel's Midnight Suns (Firaxis) (2022)
82 points. Voted for 14 times. Appeared #1 once. Average of 5.8
Up by 13 places.

If you are on the fence, then apparently this month's Humble bumble has it!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Surprised D4 got that high on the list honestly

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If I wanted a humble bumble I would just watch a veeg stream

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I recently bought midnight suns, definitely looking forward to it!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

bone emulator posted:

Surprised D4 got that high on the list honestly

it's a fantastic campaign. haven't gone back to it since really but that first time through was great

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

If I wanted a humble bumble I would just watch a veeg stream

No you're thinking of an humble bungle

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I tried the Marvel Tactics game on one of those time limited demos on PSN and it's surprisingly fun. A lot of people probably didn't give it s chance based on the license, but it's pretty cool!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

VideoGames posted:

veeg literally every game we recommend cannot be "soon" on your list, you have like 500 games to play lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the only one that should be “soon” is Pentiment

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

morallyobjected posted:

veeg literally every game we recommend cannot be "soon" on your list, you have like 500 games to play lol

It's ridiculous. He needs to quit his job and stream full time or he's never gonna manage it

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

sivo posted:

I had a feeling I was going to like this game and I have played it like a madman for the last few days. I'm not very far in so I might be getting ahead of myself. If you described a roguelite city builder to me I probably would have thought you were joking, but it works really well.

snoremac posted:

There's something evil about these games that trap you in a loop of work and reward where time flies by so fast. It's too addictive. There has to be something wrong with it.

Setec_Astronomy posted:

The Slay the Spire of city builders.

24. Against the Storm (Eremite) (2023)
91 points. Voted for 16 times. Appeared #1 once. Average of 5.6

The results sure are cooking up a storm that no one is against!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah the only one that should be “soon” is Pentiment

Hell yea.... I mean, heavens yes.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Point totals are starting to heat up!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

morallyobjected posted:

oh man

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Getting in the top 25, here we go!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

VideoGames posted:

The results sure are cooking up a storm that no one is against!

Ooh yeah!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Can't wait for ATS to be one of my games of 2024 now that it's finally out of early access, when I eventually get around to it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Veeg should play Caves of Qud in anticipation of it running away with #1 this year with its 1.0 launch

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bug Squash posted:

The combat is the most varied and enjoyable yet in souls-like, and the exploration, aesthetics and design are at the top of their game.

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

To be honest, I almost didn't want to like the game. It was so hyped up last year I was wondering if it would live up to that hype and actually impress me. Needless to say, it lived up to that hype. After the first few hours I was hooked.

Sir_Phobos posted:

When you play, you'll create a journey that is meaningful to you because you did it all on your own (or with the help of friends that you've summoned). That's why this game is incredible. Beautiful, enigmatic, and challenging, it represents the best of what gaming can offer.

23. Elden Ring (FromSoftware) (2022)
91 points. Voted for 13 times. Appeared #1 three times. Average of 7
Down by 22 places.

2022 GOTY Winner.

Arise ye tarnished! But not all the way up. Just about 23 degrees or so. That is perfect, thanks :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

OOOOOOOHHHHH, ELDEN RING