Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Quantum of Phallus posted:

there always be some weird-rear end posts in the wintentdo thread

It was tangentially related by way of the gym! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
GBC Mario Tennis was great

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Get a guide for all the Djinn in Golden Sun, because some of them hide on the world map. They carry over to The Lost Age, and there is something for getting all of them.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Yeah there’s a ‘secret’ dungeon and a rad final summon for having them all

Also some of the equip item classes in TLA are fun. Theres a beast master class that lets you throw animals at enemies

CBD Corndog fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 13, 2024

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Annath posted:

I think you:

A. don't make a good point

B. are unecessarily hostile.

Not a good look tbh.

Annath posted:

I work in healthcare and was reviewing some cases yesterday.

52y/o guy was doing his upper body workout at the gym on Monday, in severe shoulder pain by Tuesday, and dead by Friday.

the gym was coincidental, he had somehow gotten a major infection of the carotid artery and no one knows how or why

Lmfao.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

you're so owned dude

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
does Mario Sunshine get better? I reached 30 shines to unlock the nozzles but it still feels very mid. I think mostly I dont like the controls, there's too many buttons for a Mario game

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

if you didn't like it after 30 shines then you're not going to like it fully. an epic fail, if you ask me, as it's very good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

does Mario Sunshine get better? I reached 30 shines to unlock the nozzles but it still feels very mid. I think mostly I dont like the controls, there's too many buttons for a Mario game

No it sux imho

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you probably have brain damage

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i started a second all moons attempt in Mario odyssey so probably

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kevyn posted:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
all three golden suns are pretty solid simple rpgs

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Kevyn posted:

GBC Mario Golf too, peak inter-console years

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I remember Golden Sun having some nice Lufia/Zelda-esque puzzles with some kinda telekinetic powers, but that the dialogue and the puzzle design got tedious as the game wore on. It was really pretty for a GBA game. Never tried the sequel but I'll give them a (probably short) go again. It was really hard to see on the OG GBA with improper light so actually seeing things will be nice.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
dark dawn has better puzzle design with less reliance on one-off powers but people hate that one for having points of no return with missable collectables, even though unlike 1+2 you don't need all the djinn to fight the super boss

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
i replayed the golden sun games a while back and while they are still good i was very thankful i was playing on an emulator with the speedup function

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

it’s very mid

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

in fact, it gets worse the further you go

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

It’s the worst Mario game developed by Nintendo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its easily better than all nsmb titles. very fun game. cheers

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

in fact, it gets worse the further you go

Soul Glo posted:

It’s the worst Mario game developed by Nintendo

triple L

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just because you played it when you were young and you remember it fondly doesn’t mean it’s good

It sucked then, it sucks now, sorry nerds!!!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Sunshine is good and the setting is fun. Just use a guide for blue coins if you're going for all the shines because gently caress the fact they're spread out over stage instances.

Soul Glo posted:

Just because you played it when you were young and you remember it fondly doesn’t mean it’s good

What if I played it again on 3D all stars and enjoyed it the most of the three

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Soul Glo posted:

i beat it two years ago and had a blast, you assclown

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Butterfly Valley posted:

Sunshine is good and the setting is fun. Just use a guide for blue coins if you're going for all the shines because gently caress the fact they're spread out over stage instances.

blue coins are admittedly a blemish tho yeah

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

actually i really disliked it as a kid and thought it was trash, then i replayed it w the 3d all stars release thinking i would give up on it and move on and enjoyed it immensely. thanks.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Name a worse Mario game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Butterfly Valley posted:

What if I played it again on 3D all stars and enjoyed it the most of the three

symbolic posted:

i beat it two years ago and had a blast, you assclown

Stux posted:

actually i really disliked it as a kid and thought it was trash, then i replayed it w the 3d all stars release thinking i would give up on it and move on and enjoyed it immensely. thanks.

Sickos, all of you

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

its easily better than all nsmb titles.

low bar but you’re right

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

American McGay posted:

Name a worse Mario game.

Super Mario Bros 3.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

An Actual Princess posted:

low bar but you’re right

its also a high bar its up against. most games ever made fall behind sm64, galaxy and odyssey. its still very good

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm a cursed being because I liked Twilight Princess more than Breath of the Wild, Mario Sunshine more than Odyssey, and Dragon Warrior Monsters (GBC) more than Pokémon.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Sunshine was the original Nintendo game with nice water graphics

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Stux posted:

Same except I didn't dislike it, just found it hard as a kid. Actually got all Suns on the Switch.

That said NSMBU was actually good as long as you didn't develop a vomit reflex to NSMB overexposure.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 13, 2024

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I liked 3D Land and 3D World games. The New games’ worst sins are they’re kinda boring, but still fun to run and jump through.

I remember disliking Sunshine when I was in high school and then more recently laughing at the lovely collision problems that frustrated Giant Bomb’s playthrough some years ago.

The water hover hides just how bad the actual platforming is in a Mario game.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

its also a high bar its up against. most games ever made fall behind sm64, galaxy and odyssey.

also true. maybe i should give sunshine another chance

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Mario Sunshine feels like it was made by half of the team that made Mario 64 and half of the team that made Sonic Adventure

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

American McGay posted:

Name a worse Mario game.

Mario is Missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Kevyn posted:

Mario Sunshine feels like it was made by half of the team that made Mario 64 and half of the team that made Sonic Adventure

Lmao holy poo poo yes