Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Really excited for this, kind of amazed it got a second season as I didn't think it was a big enough hit. Bit bummed about the slight spoiler in the trailer (Sato's alive!) but otherwise good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Given enough time, they will force Iain Armitage to redo the big bang theory verbatim. Its only challenge in the broadcast ratings will be NCIS: Anchorage.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/looksbizarre/status/1745868700090085428

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
There's an awful lot of psychotic murder being done by the "good guys" on Reacher

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Medullah posted:

There's an awful lot of psychotic murder being done by the "good guys" on Reacher

Yes, I have to agree there. Coldly executing a terrified man in a hospital bed in the name of the cop who would be absolutely against doing so felt really bad to me. Especially since that would have been resolved a few minutes later anyway...
I'm okay with a bit of murder on action shows if that is the way to resolve a conflict. But that felt gross.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah I’m looking forward to the show moving past all the military stuff.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The new season of True Detective is six episodes long. ooft

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not sure I understand

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
More cost cutting at Castle Zaslav. Ten episode seasons are becoming eight (The Last Of Us, House Of The Dragon), and eight episode seasons are now becoming six.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Soon we’ll be going back to movie length.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did you see the new five minute season of True Detective? We almost got to see the entire title sequence. Guess they are leaving the rest as a cliffhanger until next season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Speaking of which how was the new 5 episode season of American Horror Story?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GreenNight posted:

I thought it was a lovely take on rosemary’s baby but :shrug:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I thought it was a lovely take on rosemary’s baby but :shrug:

I still think it's really funny that multiple people had the thought that it was "like Rosemary's Baby, but if it was a feminist take on that concept."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It was oddly boring while being more tense than usual.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I enjoyed it, but it's less lurid and was spending a whole while to get where it was going. Actually unnerving at times though, which isn't something you'd accuse the show of being.

GreenNight posted:

To be fair that was half a season because of the strikes, same as Chucky Season Three.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

To be fair that was half a season because of the strikes

Does it have an end or...?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Does it have an end or...?

Naur

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

More cost cutting at Castle Zaslav. Ten episode seasons are becoming eight (The Last Of Us, House Of The Dragon), and eight episode seasons are now becoming six.

British TV fans eating good for once in their lives

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

LifeLynx posted:

British TV fans eating good for once in their lives

Doctor Who is only eight episodes next season!!!!!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

So uhhh how bout that finale to the Curse???

Yep. That was a thing. Choices were indeed made!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
"Everything you're feeling is normal."

Lmfao

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The 6 episode seasons are usually only like 60-90 minutes at most off of where feature films have bloated to. They're converging to be the worst of both worlds.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
Ted is exactly the show is was looking for. The CG is really good, Max Burkholder is crushing it and the random Bruins stuff gives me the happy.

Stegosnaurlax fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 13, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Ted is exactly the show is was looking for. The CG is really good, Max Burkholder is crushing it and the random Bruins stuff gives me the the happy.

I wasn't feeling the first episode but the 2nd and 3rd were better. I laughed my rear end off at the diner scene with the escalating story about the miscarriage.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Medullah posted:

I wasn't feeling the first episode but the 2nd and 3rd were better. I laughed my rear end off at the diner scene with the escalating story about the miscarriage.

There a good mix is super cheesy stuff, left over Family Guy jokes and some absolute genius banter

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jesus christ there's a ted spinoff show now?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mystes posted:

Jesus christ there's a ted spinoff show now?

Prequel show

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Prequel show

I've watched most of the episodes (yay winter storm) and it's incredibly hit or miss. Some really hilarious jokes, but I don't understand why the show is nearly an hour long.

The lead is great but the side plots are meh. It honestly feels a lot like Goldbergs in the 90s. "Oh the wife wants to do more with her life, the husband is an angry beer drinking Republican!". The sister niece is an activist feminist! At least Giorgia Whigham is cute.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ted is shockingly good

mystes
May 31, 2006

I thought the first ted movie was ok but it kind of felt like to the extent it was good, it was because Seth MacFarlane accidentally came up with a concept that was too good for him to completely ruin with the actual writing despite his best efforts. I don't think I want to watch any more of the ted cinematic universe though.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Have you tried Orville? I'm curious how that shapes the Seth opinion, for better or worse

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Rappaport posted:

Have you tried Orville? I'm curious how that shapes the Seth opinion, for better or worse
The Orville is so freaking good, specifically getting better as it goes on. Much better follow-up to Star Trek: TNG than anything officially branded as Star Trek nowadays. The 3rd season was incredible.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

JazzFlight posted:

The Orville is so freaking good, specifically getting better as it goes on. Much better follow-up to Star Trek: TNG than anything officially branded as Star Trek nowadays. The 3rd season was incredible.

One of the cast recently said it got cancelled because of the delays in Seth writing the episodes, because he insisted in doing it all himself.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

It has a good enough ending that I’m okay if it’s fully done.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

You never know, he definitely has the clout to get it made if he decided to make it a priority. But yeah, it ended well enough after a great 3 seasons even if it doesn't.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

400 blows joke I did not expect

Holy poo poo

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

I thought the first ted movie was ok but it kind of felt like to the extent it was good, it was because Seth MacFarlane accidentally came up with a concept that was too good for him to completely ruin with the actual writing despite his best efforts. I don't think I want to watch any more of the ted cinematic universe though.

The Flash Gordon bits from the first movie made me cackle like a hyena and the second movie had Patrick Warburton and Michael Dorn mocking nerds dressed as the Tick and Worf, a giant fight at the nerdcon and calling Amanda Seyfreid Gollum (which I will never unsee). Neither movie was brilliant but I never thought they were THAT bad. Good to chill on the couch with in between other movies like Harold and Kumar, How High or Soul Plane. Definitely benefited from writers and Walberg elevating it.,

There are some truly wretched comedies out there tho. One older guy I work with recommended Porky’s and holy poo poo that movie is racist. Lasted about 10 minutes because… yeah.

Death To Smoochy still holds up.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

400 blows joke I did not expect

Holy poo poo

My fav is the end of episode 3 where Clive is hugging Teddy, and he goes "Easy there, Lenny. Don't kill the rabbit"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

DogsInSpace! posted:

The Flash Gordon bits from the first movie made me cackle like a hyena and the second movie had Patrick Warburton and Michael Dorn mocking nerds dressed as the Tick and Worf, a giant fight at the nerdcon and calling Amanda Seyfreid Gollum (which I will never unsee). Neither movie was brilliant but I never thought they were THAT bad. Good to chill on the couch with in between other movies like Harold and Kumar, How High or Soul Plane. Definitely benefited from writers and Walberg elevating it.,

There are some truly wretched comedies out there tho. One older guy I work with recommended Porky’s and holy poo poo that movie is racist. Lasted about 10 minutes because… yeah.

Death To Smoochy still holds up.

Porky's? It's a classic but yeah, welcome to the 80s.