Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
I have it open on my phone and I’m sitting in the queue. I’ll see what I can find for you. Their queuing program doesn’t work well though. At first it was a 24 minute wait, then 18, then 24, then 42. All over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Kaal posted:

At first it was a 24 minute wait, then 18, then 24, then 42. All over the place.

Then count on your fingers.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Crossing my fingers, thanks y'all!

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
No dice on my end, I’m afraid. I probably would have had more luck using a laptop browser, since it kept resetting my phone’s queue ID at weird times. I’m sure you’ll find a copy somewhere eventually.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Is this queue just for volume 3 or is something else big available today? I was lucky getting 1 & 2 just by showing up 20 minutes early and refreshing every so often, but I see a 25 minute queue 2 hours ahead of time right now.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Just Vol. 3. The problem with finding a limited edition eventually is that it's gonna be ten times the price and I suspect there's a considerable risk I'll never receive the product. In any case, we'll see in a few hours I guess if any of you have more luck than me.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Black Griffon posted:

Crossing my fingers, thanks y'all!

:allears:

If anyone boos any of that material, they don't belong in this thread.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Feels like site queues on saturdays is just going to be norm from hereon. Could be wrong of course, but definitely feels like GW wants to rely on that nowadays for pre-orders.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I think it helps them drive people to the stores, since their kiosk doesn't get put into a queue. They get direct access the moment it goes live.

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

Biplane posted:

The one where the raven guard go to terra to get geneseed or clones or whatever? That might be the worst warhammer book I've read to date.

Raven's Flight. The only good things in that book were the reveal of all the primarch apartments for them to stay in when they visit :( and Corax calling Dorn to get him a parking space before he vaporises the platform

Also... EATD3 seemed so far away when they announced it. I honestly didn't think I'd see it in my lifetime!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Dog_Meat posted:

Raven's Flight. The only good things in that book were the reveal of all the primarch apartments for them to stay in when they visit :( and Corax calling Dorn to get him a parking space before he vaporises the platform

Also... EATD3 seemed so far away when they announced it. I honestly didn't think I'd see it in my lifetime!

The most infuriating part of that book was the author not capitalizing "Emperor" :argh:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

my time in queue went from 26 minutes, to 22 minutes, to 27 minutes, to 46 minutes, so i'm not sure i'll get this one. would be a bummer to have to scalp it.

e: now it's back down to 28, the queue system is such garbage

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This seems like a poor system to me, I just wanted to check the shop to see if some old models were still being sold and can't. I imagine the stress of actually wanting the book makes it worse.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Alright trying one last desperate gambit. If any Americans in here are comfortable providing the information required in the fields below and comfortable picking up a book from a GW store and sending it from the US to Norway, send me a DM!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I got in the queue at 1030am, got into the store at 1120am. Added something in my cart. I was browsing around at other items until 1135am and now im in a queue for 32 minutes.

What the gently caress. If I wanted to actually buy something, it wouldn't even let me?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

And I got tossed back in the queue again, this loving sucks.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah it boots you out after a time to keep the line moving so its going to come down to sheer luck with when you queued up. I'm looking at 5 and 10 minutes on our 2 attempts (and 40 on the one I just got booted from) so I should get in just in time to see the cloud of dust left by the scalpers.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

It dropped 4-5 minutes before 10 in both Australia and Europe, I think, guess it's gonna be the same here.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

this queue system is absolutely insane hot garbage, holy poo poo

e: says 7 minutes. ten minutes ago, it said i'd be in now. ten minutes before that it said i wouldn't be in for another half an hour from now. it's so so so bad.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Reddit is abuzz with people saying the scalpers both skip the queues with the scripts to buy the books automatically and flood the queues with bots to slow everyone else down. I remember seeing the same rage for Invictus though and they still bring it back for big releases.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

that sounds a little conspiratorial to me although certainly not impossible. It does seem like a lot of effort tbh. Regular ol GW incompetence is as good an explanation as any.

E: when I got in the queue it said I would get in at approximately 12:47pm ET. Now I’m scheduled to get in at 1pm. Big difference! I am really not thrilled to pay a scalper for this book.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
kinda knew id be screwed on this last one when they changed to the new store

looks like ill be paying markup or a trade and then im done forever

until they release a book of the emp waking up

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

What sucks is they changed the queue system from how it worked in prior weeks. Previously you can use separate chrome instances to get separate queue IDs and the queue worked by putting you in a random spot in the queue for each one. I would usually run 10 and at least one would get lucky and get put very close to the front of the queue. It appears that this week they just put you at the back of the queue when you join. The issue is once you get into the store you only have about 10 minutes and then it puts you back at the end of the queue. So the only way to actually get the book is to have joined at just the right time so that your queue spot gets to the front at the time the book is released. Such bullshit. I have the full series in LE so it looks like I'll probably have to scalp this one to complete the set. gently caress GW.

This will literally be the first LE I have ever missed in 5 years of buying almost every one that released.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

What I don’t get is why the wait time continually increases. Are new people joining the queue ahead of me? That doesn’t make sense does it? Bizarre system.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
id honestly just be happy with a SE instead of an LE, just take 200,000 orders then, send the list to the printers

i just like the pretty bindings and such

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

Finished Sea of Souls, very good and very depressing. Think it would be something that could be kinda easy to make a movie out of. For Warhammer TV at least

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

eh, got in, didn't get it, bought a copy on ebay at a markup. gross situation. GW, fix your poo poo.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I have been in perpetual 30 minutes to the front of the queue for about an hour now.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
buddy got in, sold out.

ill grab one if it hits $200 like the others

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Is it likely to hit an inverted bell curve on ebay where it's pricy now, cheaper in a bit and then appreciates in value or nah?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

Is it likely to hit an inverted bell curve on ebay where it's pricy now, cheaper in a bit and then appreciates in value or nah?

That is how all the others have gone but this one is the one that a lot more people want so who knows :shrug:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The first one went for over 2 grand for the first week, then hit 500, and now I think its only a few hundred. I didn't pay attention to the second one.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Got in, bought the hard back, and was booted to the queue as soon as the transaction was finished. The special edition is out of stock, the button and banner for it hasn't been updated to reflect this.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I always enjoy how they email the ad for the book 20 mins after it sold out already.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

I have a little hardcover collection, and a lot of the older books like Celestine The Living Saint can go upwards of $250. And the siege limited edition books are the most valuable Warhammer books period, from what I can tell. Vol 3 will likely be over a thousand dollars US at some point. An entire siege of Terra limited edition collection could hit five figures going off what I’ve seen specific books sell for.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I would hesitate to speculate on what price timeline End the Death books will follow, especially this one. This might be the most anticipated BL release of all time. It contains one of the most iconic moments in the entire setting, if not the most iconic. It’s a BFD, and thanks to the queue system I think it’s likely a larger proportion of them ended up in the hands of scalpers than any previous book.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm seeing UK listings for 300 pounds, some from pretty reputable sellers. Still feels unsafe though.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

300 pounds for a book :gonk:

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

I'm seeing UK listings for 300 pounds, some from pretty reputable sellers. Still feels unsafe though.

Nah ebay is perfectly safe they will always side with the buyer if you have an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

D-Pad posted:

Nah ebay is perfectly safe they will always side with the buyer if you have an issue.

This is correct. eBay is risk free.