Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Source: Heil

Never mind the human consequences, focus on what matters...

(/s)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

do we really import eggs and butter from across the planet

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I was hoping to start 2024 on a high by blasting some baked beans up my brand new sex arse but now the bloody Houthi's won't let me.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
There won't be a single bean-blasted backside in Blighty by Valentine's Day

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

kecske posted:

We have (or did have in 2020) a trade deficit in butter.

https://ahdb.org.uk/news/butter-self-sufficiency-in-the-uk

Not entirely sure why butter from Ireland or Denmark has to come through the Suez canal though.

Trade deficit in eggs:

https://oec.world/en/profile/bilateral-product/eggs/reporter/gbr

In October 2023, Eggs were exported mostly to Russia (£2.42M), Turkey (£1.87M), Netherlands (£1.13M), United States (£1.07M), and Ireland (£851k), and were imported mostly from Poland (£3.44M), Spain (£1.32M), Belgium (£1.31M), United States (£1.24M), and Ireland (£1.03M).

(I thought we were supposed to be BDSing Russia?)

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 13, 2024

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Brendan Rodgers posted:

If you think they were lacking that before you might want to look at a map.

You might as well. KSA and Iran re-established connections last March and so their proxy war in Yemen has dried up. But there's always good job opportunities for hard working extremists in other proxy wars!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Once you lads Brexited you lost access to the Butter Mountain. I still hope to visit it someday

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't even fill your tesla full of butter and then petrol bomb it, smh.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
If only there was a closer set of countries to trade with....

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Honestly at this point world peace could be declared by the UN and they'd still use it as an excuse to put the loving fuel prices up.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

No more Billy Bookcases for me. :qq:

(I don't actually have any).

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I imagine this might spark an increase in the value of existing used teslas.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Billy Bookcases
Ah, the bookcases designed to fit the entire library of books from Bob Jones University, Greenville, South Carolina, on the Doctor Reverend Doctor Ian Paisley's thoughts about all the popes.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

kecske posted:

Presumably not fresh whole eggs as they have limited shelf life and it's stupid, but egg powder or frozen egg yolks/whites for food industry maybe?

Another thing is that if fodder and energy prices go up in general then it reflects in price of eggs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

One could ask what the whole situation has to do with the price of eggs.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*speaking in terf* But how could a blockade affect the price of a naturally immotile gamete.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A quick google suggests we are 86% self sufficient when it comes to eggs. The other 14% is imported from the EU. source

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

The corollary to "don't gently caress with the money" is that loving with the money can be extremely effective, depending on your goals.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dabir posted:

Well... yeah. Of course it worked. The US worked with Israel to write a big manual decades ago about how it works and what you should do instead. I'd suggest you to go read it if you're interested, only I can't remember what it's called. They're just incapable of following it themselves, for a number of reasons, like the Israeli government being a bunch of genocidal fascists.

So critical support for the Houthi then, glad we all agree now.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Huffing Mr Sheen to make the phone calls go away

Gorn Myson posted:

I was hoping to start 2024 on a high by blasting some baked beans up my brand new sex arse but now the bloody Houthi's won't let me.

Just when I thought there was hope.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ms Adequate posted:

The corollary to "don't gently caress with the money" is that loving with the money can be extremely effective, depending on your goals.

That's how the IRA forced the British back to the negotiating table by bombing Canary Wharf

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Huffing Mr Sheen to make the phone calls go away

fuctifino posted:

That's how the IRA forced the British back to the negotiating table by bombing Canary Wharf

Also the Bishopsgate bombing. Keep having to remind myself it was literally only 30 years ago that happened.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

So we've settled on the best way to solve a dispute is bomb the other person then?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

So we've settled on the best way to solve a dispute is bomb the other person then?

Are you being this obtuse because JC recently took the accolade as the worst poster in the thread?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

DreddyMatt posted:

It's his fault for having a job

i'd just like to draw everyone's attention to this lovely, petulant little man

you'll find people in all sorts of professions and with all manner of interests itt, that's what makes it interesting

there might be some people who don't have a job for whatever reason, and regarding their thoughts as lesser than others for that reason makes you an ignorant oval office

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

That's how you get a national festivity!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Councillorsuzie/status/1745728916793282780

:allears:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

That looks like a fun night club!
What's the dress code?
Will they let me in?

How I long for the days of Happy Jax under the arches at London Bridge.
(I won a Poison Idea cd - Blank Blackout Vacant down there when they did a gig).

"I’m not saying what you did was right but who’d wanna live such a hosed up life."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut8cZZtJZeQ

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 13, 2024

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Ships supplying Israel are like the Jawa's sandcrawlers on their way to sell droids to Imperial troops in Mos Eisley. Houthis are Tusken raiders and if the odd Jawa dies it's worth it to stop the Empire getting its hands on a few more garbage droids. Luke Skywalker is Owen Jones and Ben Kenobi is Jeremy Corbyn.

This is a perfect 100% accurate analogy of the situation and if you don't know where you stand on it then maybe your moral compass needs a midichlorian boost.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Rishi and kier are kind of short for storm troopers but i'll wait for the Zach synder remake in slow motion so I can figure out what's happening.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I'm one of those pig guards in Jabba's place.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

kecske posted:

No they are there to represent the inflation that this might cause and it's impact on key things like eggs, Hovis and Marmite.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
im the little rat guy sitting in jabbas lap

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i'm yon big thing with the eye that lives in the tip :cthulhu:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sad Panda posted:

No they are there to represent the inflation that this might cause and it's impact on key things like eggs, Hovis and Marmite.

So is that what happens? They just inflate eggs because they can?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

NotJustANumber99 posted:

So is that what happens? They just inflate eggs because they can?
/

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Feces nightclub

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Ships supplying Israel are like the Jawa's sandcrawlers on their way to sell droids to Imperial troops in Mos Eisley. Houthis are Tusken raiders and if the odd Jawa dies it's worth it to stop the Empire getting its hands on a few more garbage droids. Luke Skywalker is Owen Jones and Ben Kenobi is Jeremy Corbyn.

This is a perfect 100% accurate analogy of the situation and if you don't know where you stand on it then maybe your moral compass needs a midichlorian boost.

If you were in Star Wars you'd be sitting in your 5000000th storey apartment on Coruscant watching a holographic news program about how Luke Skywalker has done a terrorism. You might have never even travelled to space.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 13, 2024

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
This escalation is just depressing, can’t even be arsed to argue whether people are right to compliment the Houthis or not. This year is gonna loving suck.

Edit: did just see the remastered version of Stop Making Sense though. Strong recommend for 90 minutes of straight joy. Same year as the Reagan landslide, always something positive out there.

Mesopotamia fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It's almost as if everyone got a little bit of Kissinger when he died.