Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

I have a hard time believing that a bunch of rich people are behind the times on the concept of "shell company where you pay people for doing nothing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

single-mode fiber posted:

I have a hard time believing that a bunch of rich people are behind the times on the concept of "shell company where you pay people for doing nothing"

It’s wishful thinking from a fan who wants revenge-suffering.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Man the state of Alabama is working on NIL for high schoolers. No chance in hell they aren't cranking out as much money as anyone else. Well maybe the Texas school push more on oil money.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ok but we just took 4 of their players and more are trickling out every day

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

pillsburysoldier posted:

Ok but we just took 4 of their players and more are trickling out every day

Yea, coaching changes pretty much always lead to big attrition, not sure what that has to do with NIL.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Henchman of Santa posted:

Ah I forgot Kansas had a winless season in there and not just a bunch of 1-11s.

And don't forget the 3 winless Duke seasons since 2000 as well.

If we go back to the 90's you pick up a South Carolina season, another Duke season, Rutgers, Illinois, Iowa State, and OK State each had a season too. Though those were 11 game seasons, and there's a tie or two in there too.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

C-Euro posted:

Oh are people down on No Thai? My parents get it all the time and my Michigan grad brother likes it too.

when i lived on north campus no thai was a staple. i will Not revisit it further

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

General Dog posted:

2015 Kansas

Also from this article looks like we have an 0-12 season from Duke in 2006 and a number of 0-11 campaigns from them in the 80s and 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_major_college_football_winless_seasons

I watched 2000 Duke in person and that team would've gone 0-100 if they played that many games

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, coaching changes pretty much always lead to big attrition, not sure what that has to do with NIL.
Yeah, those players were recruited with the plan of being coached by Saban. If he leaves, their reason to be there leaves. This happened all the time before NIL stuff was around.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

C-Euro posted:

Oh are people down on No Thai? My parents get it all the time and my Michigan grad brother likes it too.

Oh no I think it's fine and I do still hit them up every now and then, it's just funny to me think it's considered the legit Thai place in town instead of Tuptim or that place inside the lovely hotel by the highway that killed one of its employees with carbon monoxide and keeps getting busted for human trafficking (Siam Square, for real idk how that place is at the top of so many lists).

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Sirotan posted:

Oh no I think it's fine and I do still hit them up every now and then, it's just funny to me think it's considered the legit Thai place in town instead of Tuptim or that place inside the lovely hotel by the highway that killed one of its employees with carbon monoxide and keeps getting busted for human trafficking (Siam Square, for real idk how that place is at the top of so many lists).

:stare:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Still no details about the contract that Sark and Texas were reportedly close to agreeing on when there was speculation about the Bama job. Still hoping Texas doesn’t do the contractual equivalent of getting a Steve Sarkisian face tat after the third date. Like yeah the third date was awesome but the first two weren’t even good. He should get a raise/extension but let’s not do some Jimbo/Mel Tucker bullshit, please.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

pillsburysoldier posted:

FSU NIL people say Alabama functionally doesnt have one, and retained talent almost solely on the back of Saban coaching chops and putting them into the NFL.

Daboer the fall could be really fast if portal moves are any indication

A New Cope

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

Still no details about the contract that Sark and Texas were reportedly close to agreeing on when there was speculation about the Bama job. Still hoping Texas doesn’t do the contractual equivalent of getting a Steve Sarkisian face tat after the third date. Like yeah the third date was awesome but the first two weren’t even good. He should get a raise/extension but let’s not do some Jimbo/Mel Tucker bullshit, please.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39300403/steve-sarkisian-texas-agree-4-year-extension-2030

Football coach Steve Sarkisian has agreed to a four-year contract extension with Texas through 2030, the school announced Saturday.

Financial terms of the deal, which must be approved by the school's Board of Regents, were not released. Sarkisian's initial contract paid him nearly $6 million in 2023, and it's expected his new deal will push him closer to $10 million annually and among the top-paid coaches in the country.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Not Power 5 and all but Southern Miss belongs in 12-0 and 0-12 chat. Going 12-2 and then losing 23 straight games is too insane not to mention at any opportunity. Has anyone made a worthwhile documentary about the Ellis Johnson experience?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Thermos H Christ posted:

Yeah, this. I'm still mixed on Sark until I see consistent evidence of improvement, and a single season's worth of games where we only broke the 40-point mark twice isn't quite enough to convince me.

I still think the training staff needs a revamp.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 13, 2024

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

I. M. Gei posted:

Yeah, this. I'm still mixed on Sark until I see consistent evidence of improvement, and a single season's worth of games where we only broke the 40-point mark twice isn't quite enough to convince me.

I still think the training staff needs a revamp.

lol you guys are worse than Ohio State fans. You went 12-1, beat Alabama, won the conference, and went to the playoff and almost made it to the natty. JFC

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Twinkie Czar posted:

. Has anyone made a worthwhile documentary about the Ellis Johnson experience?

It’s just a slideshow of GD_American posts from that era.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://x.com/largeelyphants/status/1746264177465856330

It pleases me to no end to see ol Horace to start getting traction. 3YL seems to have taken notice and boosted attention his way.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

predicto posted:

lol you guys are worse than Ohio State fans. You went 12-1, beat Alabama, won the conference, and went to the playoff and almost made it to the natty. JFC

Hell no we aren’t. The Ohio State equivalent would be saying we don’t even want Sark as our coach (let alone getting a raise and extension) if he keeps winning like 11 games and recruiting really well but loses to hated rival Oklahoma a couple times in a row. And for it to really be equivalent you have to imagine Oklahoma is really good in this scenario, like 15-0 national champion level good.

I just think regression toward the mean is a distinct possibility and I don’t want to see us cuff ourselves to him and throw away the key after one great season. A lot of coaches have had one great season.

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 13, 2024

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
A lot more good coaches haven’t had one great season.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

the less charitable case for Sark/Texas last season is we beat exactly one good team (a really good team, in Tuscaloosa), lost to an eh Oklahoma, and had several lucky wins against bad or mediocre teams

I think you can point to most teams needing a lucky win or two to get to a playoff (see washington also) and some of the lackluster performances were with Ewers out, so i don't really believe that, but you can make a case that there was a bit more lucky than good there

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Parade's on for America's Team

https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/1746282174721212845?t=y1taTGuZuKTP0Yn7J6hN1A&s=19

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Warbird posted:

It pleases me to no end to see ol Horace to start getting traction. 3YL seems to have taken notice and boosted attention his way.

So is he just a dude with a super heavy drawl using speech to text, or just brain worms?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Rectal Placenta posted:

So is he just a dude with a super heavy drawl using speech to text, or just brain worms?

Either, a bot, or a bit. I honestly can’t tell and that’s a thing of beauty.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

A lot more good coaches haven’t had one great season.

A few not very good coaches have had one really great season, like Gene Chizik or Coach O. I can understand being skeptical until you see some consistency.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Guess who the linemen are in this picture (it's about 30 out):

https://twitter.com/JDue51/status/1746288135107961182?t=yQnLEt9ZEP9UWxMAg8SC_A&s=19

And here's a vehicle full of goats

https://twitter.com/TonyPaul1984/status/1746288654698356994?t=Xu5yQG0AEjaeOLkWLkbYDg&s=19

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://x.com/3yearletterman/status/1744837813743255868?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://x.com/bluebyninety/status/1746288009501106309?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Yeah the legal drinking age was set to NULL for this parade:

https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/1746290621592064327?t=G4diRn8xkmyhDrel6pSRDQ&s=19

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
https://x.com/JustinESports/status/1746230388836680161?s=20

Oh no UA, watch out!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Crystal Football > Current CFP Trophy

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Gonz posted:

Crystal Football > Current CFP Trophy

I don't think the giant gold vagina has the same level of grandeur

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I will never understand why like every team uses TEAM VS EVERYBODY.

Yes, that's the basic concept behind team sports. It isn't WWII and the Big Ten is not the Allies.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

Yes, that's the basic concept behind team sports. It isn't WWII and the Big Ten is not the Allies.

Us vs. 12-15 other college teams just doesn't have the same pizzazz

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/BurnerLJohnson/status/1745911466966880474?s=20

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Sash! posted:

in this case it's true.. everyone was rooting for America's team to fail, they were persecuted TWICE.. so much we had to overcome

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sash! posted:

Athletes all do the Michael Jordan made up adversity thing as a motivator now. Remember 2022 champion Georgia saying nobody believes in them because some writers thought their massive production loss meant they might lose one game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://x.com/nocontextcfb/status/1746245494429413786

The dedication to having the guy take his shoes off before the video starts really is something.