Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

I won't be satisfied until all presidents have been convicted and sentenced to jail. In fact we should dig up Reagan as well and prosecute his corpse.

march them into a disintegrator like Brother Night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I’ve been thinking lately - Dominion sued Fox, and the poo poo found in discovery was so embarrassing and damning that Fox settled for close to $800 million to keep it all of court, and to hedge against $1.5 billion in stated damages.

Why don’t they (or any of the numerous corporations that get slandered daily like Disney) go after and crush all these shitbag YouTubers? Clearly not sunglasses selfie guy with 20 followers, but like Ben Shapiro? His outfit is as big (if not bigger) a problem than Fox, and the actual guys talking are sitting on a pile of wealth. And they’re definitely dumber about covering their tracks and maintaining deniability than Fox.

Not to cheer for corporations but if it’s corporations vs. fascists I’ll begrudgingly root for corps.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

What kind of damages would you even win from Ben? The $20 he made from his latest transphobia movie?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

kazil posted:

What kind of damages would you even win from Ben? The $20 he made from his latest transphobia movie?

Didn't they offer Chowder millions of dollars before he poo poo the bed? Looks like they've got money.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Squibbles posted:

Do they have the episode where you can see jack's balls?

I had to look up that it was a thing that happened and I’m sure they would be using an edited version of the episode. Also, it really seems like all shows from the 70s-90s were super homophobic. I mean they sure beat that horse to death but I still think Friends is a greater offender.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

kazil posted:

the coveted small piece of timber that he bought from the hardware store that one time

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

kazil posted:

You get his submerged beachfront property, of course!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

otter posted:

I had to look up that it was a thing that happened and I’m sure they would be using an edited version of the episode. Also, it really seems like all shows from the 70s-90s were super homophobic. I mean they sure beat that horse to death but I still think Friends is a greater offender.

Yeah friends is horrible in this regard.

And just horrible in general. I hate ross. He is the worst friend.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Dick Fontaine posted:

isn’t clown world a nazi thing?

Not necessarily, but if I saw a YouTube channel called clown planet that focused on political news stories, I’d assume they’re on some alt-lite poo poo.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Vampire Panties posted:

Narcissists dont believe in reasons. Everything simply happens all the time. So when they need to defend themselves, they tend to stack rationalizations and go down the list until one of them gets a response they like.
nicely put, thank you.

"it's ok because blank"

the worse you are the easier it is to fill in that mad lib

vaginite posted:

I’ve been thinking lately - Dominion sued Fox, and the poo poo found in discovery was so embarrassing and damning that Fox settled for close to $800 million to keep it all of court, and to hedge against $1.5 billion in stated damages.

Why don’t they (or any of the numerous corporations that get slandered daily like Disney) go after and crush all these shitbag YouTubers? Clearly not sunglasses selfie guy with 20 followers, but like Ben Shapiro? His outfit is as big (if not bigger) a problem than Fox, and the actual guys talking are sitting on a pile of wealth. And they’re definitely dumber about covering their tracks and maintaining deniability than Fox.

Not to cheer for corporations but if it’s corporations vs. fascists I’ll begrudgingly root for corps.
because those are ben's opinions and you can't be sued over opinions

in the real world it's just like alex jones: we know his listens aren't hearing it that way. just like how trump's value is directly tied to who he's talking to, their opinions are very much tied to who they're talking to. on their shows their opinions are of a genius political operator with years of experience and a great thinker with a pure outlook and skill set needed to get to the very TRRRRRUTH so his opinions have the very weight of political zeus himself!! but in court he's just a widdle iddle baby boy saying stuff and assuring his audience that it's just his widle opinion.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Friends has a lot of problematic content, but doesn’t come close to how fast How I Met Your Mother soured.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Supposedly there's a deal on a CR through March. Odds that Johnson gets booted after it passes?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Zesty posted:

Friends has a lot of problematic content, but doesn’t come close to how fast How I Met Your Mother soured.

There was a certain point for me with HIMYM, maybe halfway through Season 3 or so? where I realized that Ted is a giiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant rear end in a top hat. I was never able to go back to it; even if Ted was only weird/a jerk in S1/S2, its too late now.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah i don't think ben actually has an audience outside of twitter, and even on twitter it's a fairly restricted part of the site. twitter as a whole is currently enabling a ton of people who are going to have a really hard time transferring their audience, even relatively harmless or fun people like dril. he tried to move to bluesky and more or less got bounced because people called him a cop, and per ACAB dril now sucks. no don't ask me to explain this, i'm as confused as anyone by it.

you saw a lot of this even with trump after he started troofin' instead of tweetin'. his reach on a stereotypical verbal ejaculation is way less simply because the platform in question doesn't have hundreds of thousands of bots mixed in with hundreds of thousands of compulsive doomscrollers, all juicing up his algorithm numbers and feeding into perceptions.

it'll be a good day when twitter finally dies since it'll reveal exactly how many of these nazi lickspittles were shouting mostly at an algorithm that enabled them, not an actual audience that liked them.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

InsertPotPun posted:

because those are ben's opinions and you can't be sued over opinions

in the real world it's just like alex jones: we know his listens aren't hearing it that way. just like how trump's value is directly tied to who he's talking to, their opinions are very much tied to who they're talking to. on their shows their opinions are of a genius political operator with years of experience and a great thinker with a pure outlook and skill set needed to get to the very TRRRRRUTH so his opinions have the very weight of political zeus himself!! but in court he's just a widdle iddle baby boy saying stuff and assuring his audience that it's just his widle opinion.

I don’t think Alex Jones is a good example of a guy who can’t get sued for 100s of millions

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

vaginite posted:

I don’t think Alex Jones is a good example of a guy who can’t get sued for 100s of millions

1.4billion I beleive, wild, whether his victims get any of it is still to be seen.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

kicking the can to March

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
It might take till March to choose a new speaker

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dick Fontaine posted:

isn’t clown world a nazi thing?

Yes. It’s a thing that popped up on Reddit after naked racism was banned.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

kazil posted:

loving called it

She’ll still be dead tomorrow, Donnie. Keep her in the freezer for one more day.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

lol watch this video of Desantis being publicly humiliated
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1746254434970066971

Honestly this is such a fitting way to end his time in Iowa lmao

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I get such a whiplash whenever I see DeSantis. Just overwhelming empathy in that weird disconnect between watching a person endure that and knowing who this piece of poo poo is.

That must be so awkward, this poor guy
Good, this stupid piece of poo poo

at the same time, every time

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

kazil posted:

lol watch this video of Desantis being publicly humiliated
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1746254434970066971

Lol that's one half of the amazing group The Good Liars

https://twitter.com/i/status/1543602666802135040

They get in to a lot of events because they look like well off white people and nobody is gonna question it

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Is Ron Desantis’ security detail that bad that a random chucklefuck can walk right up to him with uninspected paraphernalia?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

resident posted:

Is Ron Desantis’ security detail that bad that a random chucklefuck can walk right up to him with uninspected paraphernalia?

security all praying this is the day their suffering finally ends

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

loving called it

It's amazing how he moves on to the next most corrupt Trump hating Judge.

New day, new Judge to denigrate and bemoan how unfair - once again! - it all is.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

resident posted:

I think they thought Meatball Ron was gonna get like an actual award or something

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Play at home!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

:rip: Ramaswamy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

kazil posted:

kicking the can to March

Wait it maintains the ladder approach but only a week apart? What does that do?

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Soon we will need to pass a budget every week.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Mike Johnson (probably): Everyone loves phone cards from the 90s and early-2000s! That one kid/traveling companion/my one Black friend/whatever used one. Think of the budget like that. Every two months or so, the President needs to ask Congress - his responsible Christian parents - to add more minutes.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Who?

EDIT: Oh, I only know him by "Da Vek"

Anyway, I hear we're digging up Reagen's corpse to piss on it? Where are we meeting up first?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Lt. Cock posted:

Soon we will need to pass a budget every week.

This is a scheme to get weekly pizza parties at the capitol

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I didn't know the other Quaid also went off the deep end.

https://twitter.com/jimstewartson/status/1746234840666751321

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
James O'Kee fell

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Dementropy posted:

I hope Jack sticks with just going on RLM and CBB, don't need him on crackpot podcasts/YouTubes.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dementropy posted:

so both quaids are crackpot morons, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Don't know much about Jack Quaid but he seems safe