Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/aybjwwQ.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/dUB8dEA.mp4

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wait - was this through the actual creators of the show or just some random animator? I read the article but it wasn't clear.

I don't think the animator/animation house has been identified but I'd assume it wasn't the official showrunners

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Jan 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Dude needs to get his vision tested because wtf

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/NIs7r4Q.mp4

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!

jeebus bob posted:

In my experience the palettes are either so heavy or they're up against a wall that a slight error on approach will just be corrected; the forks will just slide into place. I can see myself making the same mistake this kid did :(

God drat you people (not you, probably, Snowglobe) edit these to cut off at the worst possible time.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

jeebus bob posted:

I work with a guy that does this kind of poo poo all the time. One time, he was trying get one of our big containers off the holding rack to empty some other smaller containers into. It's attached to a pallet that sits on a metal shelf about 6' off the floor. Apparently he just kinda guessed where the forks were and drive a fork right into the side of the container. He panics, full sends backwards into a dumpster, denting the poo poo out of it, while >200 gallons of used motor oil starts pouring out onto the floor. Boss jumps into the fork lift and pushes the pallet back so it falls into the secondary containment bin underneath. Only a minor catastrophe.

He also drove a forklift around in the shop where he shouldn't have (because he's real smart and has real good ideas and we've been doing it wrong for years) and smashed into an air line, shutting down the shop for a whole day till we could get it repaired. He sucks.

I'm forklift certified

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Pro tip: the reason games workshop killed warhammer classic and is trying to rebrand the armies in 40k is because the entire thing is incredibly derivative and a law firm absolutely shredded them when they sent a cease and desist letter to an author for using the term "space marine".

Said law firm pointed out that not only has the term been in general use for decades before GW even existed in print media (citing books from yhe 1950s) but also GW has no trademark or rights over it so trying this is incredibly SLAPP worthy.

Anyway, GWs response was to nuke classic and remake it as "age of sigmar" and rebrand all the Tolkien derivative open source races as totally original do not steal content such as the oruks, instead of orks, the aelves instead of elves, and so on, which they do hold trademarks on.

They can't do the same in 40k since its too... Self serious? So instead all the armies that are too fair use theyve shoehorned renaming, like astartes, primaris marines, astra militarum and so on.

Itd be funny if it wasnt entirely being driven by lawyers trying to flex IP law over people to extort them, really.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Maybe splurge for the shelving that has actual shelves instead of just the outlines for shelves so your pallets don't fall through if someone nudges them an inch

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Games Workshop has been complete poo poo for decades, where have you been

E: last I paid attention, they tried to claim any and all fan made things as their intellectual property which is what killed If The Emperor Had A Text-To-Speech Device, and also really, seriously tried to put a "you can't make fun of us anymore" clause into their new contract thing.

Fun? I thought it was all about grim darkness and war.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Psychologically scarring your kids with filters! :pwn::v:

https://i.imgur.com/Z5mqDkQ.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/hfkWHxz.mp4

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
I don't mean to sound like such a boomer but... it's a few seconds of a scare. When I was a kid, my mother woke me up on New Years and made me run down the icy road in my underwear at midnight while her friends fired roman candles at me. If we had tiktoks back then I would have been a viral star.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

credburn posted:

I don't mean to sound like such a boomer but... it's a few seconds of a scare. When I was a kid, my mother woke me up on New Years and made me run down the icy road in my underwear at midnight while her friends fired roman candles at me. If we had tiktoks back then I would have been a viral star.

that’s also extremely hosed up and may color your view of what’s okay or not

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Calling it psychologically scarring is a bit of an over reaction yeah. They'll be fine. Next you're gonna tell me 'got your nose!' is child abuse lol

best bale posted:

that’s also extremely hosed up and may color your view of what’s okay or not

Yeah, that is legit hosed up.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Dad leaves before returning kid's nose

many such cases

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

credburn posted:

I don't mean to sound like such a boomer but... it's a few seconds of a scare. When I was a kid, my mother woke me up on New Years and made me run down the icy road in my underwear at midnight while her friends fired roman candles at me.

that’s not a throwaway anecdote, friend, that’s testimony

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

credburn posted:

That's really bad parenting. I'm sorry that happened to you.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

credburn posted:

When I was a kid, my mother woke me up on New Years and made me run down the icy road in my underwear at midnight while her friends fired roman candles at me.

Serial killer backstory poo poo itt

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

credburn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6NC0rKLZuU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Getting great ideas for new family traditions in this thread

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

credburn posted:

That's terrible I'm sorry you had an abusive parent.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok but it was really funny when we were firing roman candles at that kid.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
As a toddler when I misbehaved my dad would twist my nose and tell me he'd turned it upside down, so I'd drown the next time it rained, and that he'd only turn it back if I was good.

Talking to him years later it turns out that he'd do that because he couldn't bring himself to smack me (which was 100% acceptable at the time) and he needed something to bring me back into line.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

oh dope posted:

I'm forklift certified

text me

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

credburn posted:

I don't mean to sound like such a boomer but... it's a few seconds of a scare. When I was a kid...

Totally agreed, you shouldn't torment your kids, but part of childhood is learning how the world works and what's dangerous and what's not. Kids are going to get bumps and bruises, they're going to get scared, but that's all part of growing up. Goofing on your kids a bit is part of parenting. I wonder what kind of charming anecdote this poster has...

credburn posted:

...my mother woke me up on New Years and made me run down the icy road in my underwear at midnight while her friends fired roman candles at me.

:stare:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i never returned my sons nose.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
I'm a terrible parent but I don't understand what making your kid run down the street naked has to do with new years. Was mom just really drunk or is this loosely associated with some tradition?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Oof not a fun flashback for me. My dad used to thump us on the top of the head if we were acting up

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

other people posted:

I'm a terrible parent but I don't understand what making your kid run down the street naked has to do with new years. Was mom just really drunk or is this loosely associated with some tradition?

Well it's no fun to shoot rockets at them if they stay still

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

other people posted:

Maybe it was a "The world is ending, aliens are attacking run for your life!!!!!!!11!!" prank, those roman candles would feel similar to alien laser blasts

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My folks always did some fireworks on NYE, roman candles included, I think that's common enough. Hopefully not the "shooting them at children" part, though.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

For a huge part of the world new year's is when they shoot off fireworks instead of the 4th of July. In many countries that's when consumers get to play around with big, professional grade stuff too.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Sorry did anyone really think the fireworks were the odd part of that story?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation

other people posted:

My memory of it is kind of hazy. She had a drug problem back then, and what I think happened was, she was having a New Years party, woke me up at midnight because it was New Years, I didn't have time to get my clothes on, I was just in my underwear. They all wanted to shoot roman candles outside, and it used to be a thing where we would fire them toward our neighbor's house across the street, and they'd fire them back, but the neighbors hadn't come out, they weren't on their porch. The candles were already lit, one person jokingly shot it near me, it made me jump and run a little bit away, then someone else shot one toward me, and next thing I know I'm running barefoot down the street with explosions going off on all sides of me and there's just colored flashing fog and smoke in slow motion while Adagio For Strings plays

Where I grew up everyone did a little bit of fireworks on New Years. Not a big thing, usually just a bottle rocket or two, or roman candles, as was our tradition.

credburn has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Jan 13, 2024

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

credburn posted:

That's awful but does go a long way towards explaining why your favourite parts of videos are the subjects screaming in pain:

credburn posted:

God drat you people (not you, probably, Snowglobe) edit these to cut off at the worst possible time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/oY6X62m.mp4

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

teasing your kids is completely malicious, plenty of families don't treat each other that way. Whenever you feel the urge to justify something where the kid is screaming in incomprehensible terror you are telling on your upbringing and it should be a big red flag to you.

"i went through it, so you should put up with it, look at me I turned out fine" is not the justification you think it is. and saying"i turned out fine " as a post on these forums should cause you pause to reconsider what happened in your life to lead you to being goon

The fellow posters on this site are a form of chosen community and I'm really happy to see so many become healthy as they've carved out their space from whatever situation, which they had no choice in, conditioned them

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

holtemon posted:

Oof not a fun flashback for me. My dad used to thump us on the top of the head if we were acting up

What was it like having Bud Spencer as a dad?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

KoRMaK posted:

teasing your kids is completely malicious, plenty of families don't treat each other that way. Whenever you feel the urge to justify something where the kid is screaming in incomprehensible terror you are telling on your upbringing and it should be a big red flag to you.

"i went through it, so you should put up with it, look at me I turned out fine" is not the justification you think it is. and saying"i turned out fine " as a post on these forums should cause you pause to reconsider what happened in your life to lead you to being goon

The fellow posters on this site are a form of chosen community and I'm really happy to see so many become healthy as they've carved out their space from whatever situation, which they had no choice in, conditioned them

What about scaring them with a cucumber?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Please tag your pomegranates/tiktok filters

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

What about scaring them with a cucumber?
absolutely unacceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I feel like there’s an important difference between “teasing” and “terrifying”, but maybe I just grew up soft.