Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace

beepo posted:

You can still figure out the safest way to do something incredibly stupid.

I think spiritually, the spot of "set up some chairs to lay a door between them, but it keeps kinda slipping and will fall apart before any successful slam" that I have seen in every indy garbage match is what I mean. If you want to slam a guy through a door or a table, there are many ways to set it up that look better than some precarious contraption with a low percentage of success. Same with leaps from precarious footing. You can pop the crowd just the same, whether or not you give yourself stable footing before jumping.

Sometimes people need to be literally told to put your shoes on after your pants, because they won't figure it out themselves. If you have a big dangerous ladder dive as part of the finish, don't beat that ladder to poo poo first. Ya know, keep a ladder fresh and beat up another one if you must.

things cost money so you only get one door and one ladder at most indy shows. Have to make due with what you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepo
Forum Veteran

Suplex Liberace posted:

things cost money so you only get one door and one ladder at most indy shows. Have to make due with what you have.

That's kinda the whole deal, figure out your spot before you are actually in front of a crowd.

With respect to props, if you have one door, figure out how to set it up so you can break it in a cool way and not end up giving up after your 4th swanton attempt fails to break it.

I'm not saying you need to write up a report to do a frog splash, but if you are planning on a frog splash off a ladder out of the ring, take more than 5 seconds to figure it out before you go out there. Lots of wrestlers are shockingly bad at improvising when something goes awry so reduce the odds that they need to improvise.

Most of these spots are ultimately interchangeable to a pretty good degree. If you don't have the right gear for a spot, do something else. Be creative.

Paying2Lurk

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Love AEW. It makes me hoot and holler. I'll add my name to the list of people that A-E-Dub helped get through the pandemic. Loved the Dark 2am taping podcast vibes.

Eddie Kingston rules.

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Paying2Lurk posted:

Love AEW. It makes me hoot and holler. I'll add my name to the list of people that A-E-Dub helped get through the pandemic. Loved the Dark 2am taping podcast vibes.

Eddie Kingston rules.

Welcome to mecca, friend

neoaxd

Paying2Lurk posted:

Loved the Dark 2am taping podcast vibes.

I miss this so badly.

Barry Bluejeans

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
not a day goes by that I don't miss the "show up with your gear and we'll pay you to wrestle" era of Dark

fez_machine
spending two days straight taping in a place that was known intimately and had a drug floor was only good for the product

Shard

fez_machine posted:

spending two days straight taping in a place that was known intimately and had a drug floor was only good for the product

I want to go to the drug floor

Cael

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Shard posted:

I want to go to the drug floor

No wonder CM Punk wanted out of the company

Erin M. Fiasco

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm hooting and hollering about the Cope Open, I love seeing him wrestle people we never would have expected and the match with Moriarty was a lot of fun with a great promo from Shane Taylor and a cool video package for Moriarty as well. I said in the live thread but it's just feel-good TV for me when veterans work with younger guys like that.

Tampa Bae

Please, this is all I have
I've been hootin and hollering a little less but Brian Keith coming out of nowhere and getting over is why early AEW was so good. imo he should get a flash pin off OC for the title and then wrestle a bunch of lucha guys for a couple months

graph

aaag peanuts

graph

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hahaha

Hellblazer187

I hope when MJF comes back he's still sports entertainment as hell. I loved all of MJF's reign, Devil stuff included, and consider him to be the second best AEW champion after Kenny. And it's pretty close.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 15, 2024

Lucifunk

Copeland's new submission finisher was cool. The few times he's done the spear I hope he doesn't hurt himself.

Paying2Lurk

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Hellblazer187 posted:

I hope when MJF comes back he's still sports entertainment as hell. I loved all of MJF's reign, Devil stuff included, and consider him to be the second best AEW champion after Kenny. And it's pretty close.

:haibrower:

It's still Kenny then Hanger for me, but MJF is a solid third. It was fun reading the GDTs because I got to enjoy the brochacho / devil stuff and also enjoy the weirdos having meltdowns about it. AEW keeps winning.

Shard

Hellblazer187 posted:

God I hope not. It was the thing I've hated the most in the AEW world title picture I think.

Joey McChrist

Lucifunk posted:

Copeland's new submission finisher was cool. The few times he's done the spear I hope he doesn't hurt himself.

its so funny to see how maligned his spear was for so long and then he comes to aew and immediately starts murdering people and himself doing it. copeland ftw

Hellblazer187

Shard posted:

God I hope not. It was the thing I've hated the most in the AEW world title picture I think.

I hope max unifies big plat with the triple crown and the international title and becomes maxy five belts.

I both hoot an holler for MJF.

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

I like to boo MJF. I like to cheer MJF. I like to hate MJF. I like to love MJF.

MJF is sun and the firmament.

hoot.

Sandman from ECW

coconono posted:

I read this to the tune of “rear end Man” by Jim Johnston

super macho dude

coconono posted:

MJF is sun and the firmament.

hoot.

Ancient wise men once said that MJF is the World Turtle, carrying on his back the REAL 4 Pillars (OC, Darby, Takeshita, Hook) who in turn carry on their backs Daily's Place (aka Earth)

Paying2Lurk

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Dynamite tonight.
Ready to hoot.
Ready to holler.

GUNS UP!

Cael

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I enjoyed the MJF reign (without caveats).

I am ready to enjoy the Samoa Joe reign.

I am ready to commence my routine Wednesday hootin and hollerin.

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i am ready to hoot and fuckin holler

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

I hooted and wheezed during the Toni Storm stuff. Deonna got to do her world famous limb crimes too. Shivers just thinking about that pain.

Heoyh Hook vs Joe was how you take and elevate young talent. Hook has that G-1 dawg in him, I feel it.

Overall a very hooty and hollering good dog drat time.

Barry Bluejeans

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Toni was on fire tonight, the ongoing bit with Riccaboni just kept getting better

ChrisBTY

this glorious monument

Funny that Hook is built so strongly since selling is one of his biggest strengths.
That kid is money though; he just needs to expand his bag of tricks. And wrestle more than 15 matches in a year.

El Gallinero Gros

ChrisBTY posted:

Funny that Hook is built so strongly since selling is one of his biggest strengths.
That kid is money though; he just needs to expand his bag of tricks. And wrestle more than 15 matches in a year.

I thought the way he sold gradually losing consciousness was especially good.

Gumball Gumption

HOOK

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ChrisBTY posted:

He’ll get there!!

Shard

Paying2Lurk

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
drat right, Tony.

Writer Cath

Box. Flipped.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I thought the way he sold gradually losing consciousness was especially good.

Agreed.

super macho dude

Deonna (respectfully)

AEW Women's division is back on the upswing, hell yeah

Big Coffin Hunter

We got Samoa Joe as champ with Hangman and Swerve at his heels while MJF's vision of the company got thoroughly refuted by ticket sales and ratings. Of course it's going to be a good year

beepo
Forum Veteran
The bidding war is heating up

Integrated Houston
Whether AEW nabs Okada or not (watch out for your bones!), I want to say that I think it’s cool that TK tries to bring ALL of the world’s greatest wrestlers to the tv show that I watch. The man truly has too much money and no conscience.

The fact that they inevitably cannot all be made perfectly happy is someone else’s problem, I’m just pumped to see Black Taurus fight my faves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

Okada doing AEW before WWE(or ever) would be a huge shake up for business.

Trinity maybe also up for grabs after a hot TNA championship run. And any doubts about her willingness to do reasonable business have been silenced too.

AEW is pretty exciting overall.