Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

i say swears online posted:

hell yeah these guys are locals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUFXzXjP_pw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tagra posted:

Dropping Ellen Ripley into a prison of horny men was certainly A Choice. Having her immediately want to gently caress them was another choice...
She's a trucker. A space trucker. She has learned to pounce when the opportunity presents itself, because it might not for months on end.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Tagra posted:

Speaking of nostalgia... We were looking for a movie last night and scrolled past the Aliens series. We had watched Alien and Aliens at Halloween so we were like "We haven't seen Alien 3 in decades. Let's watch it and see if it's REALLY as bad as its reputation!"

We ended up sleeping through most of it but, uh, it definitely wasn't good.

Dropping Ellen Ripley into a prison of horny men was certainly A Choice. Having her immediately want to gently caress them was another choice...

wtf are you on about. are you talking about the scene where they try to rape her

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

uber_stoat posted:

there are a ton of references, maybe not a lot of funny ones. but the bit where Indira finds her husband's side chick in the closet had to be a Burn After ref.

i forgot about that, good call

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Buck Wildman posted:

wtf are you on about. are you talking about the scene where they try to rape her

yeah i have a very different recollection of alien 3

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

*watching ripley scream and cry for help as they hold her down and cut her clothes off her* wow what A Choice to make ripley so horny for them

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
alien 3 isn't good but it's not as bad as its reputation

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the milk machine posted:

alien 3 isn't good but it's not as bad as its reputation

the not-director's cut (the director disavowed the film so they had like the ultimate alien superfan do 3) turned it into my second favorite film behind the original. they also published the scrapped script william gibson did for it that I've been meaning to read

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Aliens 3 is fascinating just from a development perspective. I really recommend watching the documentaries for it because it's kind of a miracle they put out any film at all

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Tagra posted:

Speaking of nostalgia... We were looking for a movie last night and scrolled past the Aliens series. We had watched Alien and Aliens at Halloween so we were like "We haven't seen Alien 3 in decades. Let's watch it and see if it's REALLY as bad as its reputation!"

We ended up sleeping through most of it but, uh, it definitely wasn't good.

its Charles Dance can you blame her

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Buck Wildman posted:

the not-director's cut (the director disavowed the film so they had like the ultimate alien superfan do 3) turned it into my second favorite film behind the original. they also published the scrapped script william gibson did for it that I've been meaning to read

I still need to track that down and watch it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the milk machine posted:

I still need to track that down and watch it

I have this collection which is p comprehensive of everything that's been put out for the original four films. not cheap new but looks like you can get it used for a good price

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tagra posted:

She's not locked in there with them, they're locked in there with her

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
holy poo poo, The Curse

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Alien 3 is p solid, gotta get around to the assembly cut one of these days

the milk machine posted:

yeah i have a very different recollection of alien 3

I mean they said they feel asleep, that's "I'm bad at watching movies" admission #1

But iirc Ripley is not even that horny for the doctor, she's sleeping with him (and doing dope!) to numb her sadness over Newt

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wasnt twenty eight months later the movie where england and then all of europe is destroyed because main characters couldnt be bothered to follow extremely simple quarantine procedures

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the milk machine posted:

if airplanes are also living beings and world war 2 happened in the cars movies does that imply there is a living enola gay

are there alive b-52s that carpetbombed cambodia? who is kissinger in the universe

more importantly is the living enola gay a homosexual plane or a straight plane

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Nichael posted:

super milk chan is the only good anime. discuss.

YOU DUMBASS!

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

wasnt twenty eight months later the movie where england and then all of europe is destroyed because main characters couldnt be bothered to follow extremely simple quarantine procedures

The zombie virus is mild. It only zombifies people with preexisting conditions.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Nichael posted:

gakuen handsome

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

holy poo poo, The Curse

so loving good

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

holy poo poo, The Curse

I got spooked by the intro of the first episode. I will make another attempt now the finale is out

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nichael posted:

everyone in cspam should watch legend of the galactic heroes to enjoy a 110 episode saga about the common ruin of the contending classes.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

I'm frequently reminded of a passage from some early-20th-century book I read in high school (honestly might have been Gatsby???) where a guy walks into a building and notes that there is "a lovely Jewess" sitting at the reception desk

look if you have a better way of describing a hot chick with a big nose id like to hear it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPDs-PwUcbg

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

everyone in cspam should watch legend of the galactic heroes to enjoy a 110 episode saga about the common ruin of the contending classes.

Yes. Please watch this. Don’t worry, everyone looks like a G.I. Joe character it will be fine

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ArtOfDialogue_/status/1746224650609119627?t=KBHu8NgT_zAfH8Pmc3b0DQ&s=19

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr. Definitely

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Drake sucks and he's a gross groomer (like for real not in the way chuds label everyone they don't like a groomer). Good on mos def for talking poo poo

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hell yeah

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Stairmaster posted:

this is the one thats just three kingdoms in space right?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

no theres only two of them plus a bald guy

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

There is also the Terraists

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Fuligin posted:

this is the one thats just three kingdoms in space right?

No it’s the Franco-Prussian War in space. It’s also extremely Lib.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

No, the works of Naoki Urasawa are extremely Lib. LOGH is only mildly Lib

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

i say swears online posted:

low-rise boot cut jeans ftw. midriffs rule, 90s jeans rule, and the high-waisted jeans of the 2010s dying is only a good thing

I feel like fitness is a bigger societal trend than fifteen years ago so maybe that's why midriffs are back

midriffs never really left, it moved from accentuating the hip area to the waist area in the 00-10s

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Clip-On Fedora posted:

No, the works of Naoki Urasawa are extremely Lib. LOGH is only mildly Lib

LOGH is based rather fundamentally on a view of history entirely excised of class, one in which material conditions are entirely irrelevant. Steered entirely by “Great Men”. It subscribes 100% to the Lib belief that a nations condition is ultimately derived from “vibes”.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I can see it, a lot about Twilight makes more sense if Bella was a dude. Or Edward was a girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
like when his vampire super sperm almost kills her and she gives birth to a fully formed baby in a few weeks, or?