Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i suppose this isn't the place but what is the justification of teasing another being that completely relies on your generosity compassion and empathy for their existence

the answer is none. if you disagree it should be an opportunity for reflection. the impulse to dillute this sentiment and launder it through jokes is perverse.

inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

i suppose this isn't the place but what is the justification of teasing another being that completely relies on your generosity compassion and empathy for their existence

the answer is none. if you disagree it should be an opportunity for reflection. the impulse to dillute this sentiment and launder it through jokes is perverse.

inshallah

:hai:

Some people are rotten to the core and should never have kids.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Subjunctive posted:

I feel like there’s an important difference between “teasing” and “terrifying”, but maybe I just grew up soft.

Terrifying is the time my sister locked like, six year old me out of the house in the middle of the night while my mother hid in the trees making spooky animal sounds during a point where everyone in the area was really going hard on how dangerous wild animals were and that if they bite you you'll get rabies and die horribly and there were just rabid coyotes and raccoons everywhere.

Teasing is how they made fun of me for being scared that night literally any time they met a new friend of mine or any time there's any kind of family gathering. :eng101:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hey neat, one of those "wait, why is everyone quiet and sad all of a sudden?" moments in the wild!

Nothing like learning the hard way that poo poo went way wrong in your childhood. I'm just glad it's not me this time.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Hm. No, no I think I will continue to gently give my 15 year old niece poo poo for being scared of ET as a kid, when it was her favorite movie in the world and no one made her watch it against her will. She *knew* she didn't like the alien but by god she still insisted on watching it over and over and over, hiding behind someone every drat time he was on screen. She was comforted accordingly, but she did that to her drat self.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, I tease my kid about all sorts of stuff, there is no trauma from it, and no fear involved of any kind as far as I can tell. It’s just callbacks to dumb stuff she did growing up, mostly.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

So what if I give my son a swirlie from time to time, it's all in good fun

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Gotta bully someone

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

This is perfection

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

"Screaming in incomprehensible terror" is the base level emotion of existence.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Drone_Fragger posted:

Itd be funny if it wasnt entirely being driven by lawyers trying to flex IP law over people to extort them, really.

Make a tabletop game where armies of lawyers square off against each other.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I think it’s probably good to be lightly teased by your loved ones so you can learn how to handle unfair criticism in a safe and loving environment before you have to experience it in real life. But I don’t have kids and am not a behavioral therapist, so my thoughts probably don’t mean much.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Kids are also really good at letting you know what kind of teasing they're ok with and what upsets them. My daughter thinks it's hilarious when you flick water in her face but "you're covered in dog hair, hold still while I vacuum you" involved a whole lot of me apologizing and promising I wouldn't do that "yes you're right that wasn't funny and dad sure messed up that time didn't he."

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

KoRMaK posted:

inshallah

just curious, do you have kids?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Mr. Crow posted:

just curious, do you have kids?

lol

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
Pff, raising kids is just a matter of microdosing trauma.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Kids are also really good at letting you know what kind of teasing they're ok with and what upsets them. My daughter thinks it's hilarious when you flick water in her face but "you're covered in dog hair, hold still while I vacuum you" involved a whole lot of me apologizing and promising I wouldn't do that "yes you're right that wasn't funny and dad sure messed up that time didn't he."
Teasing is also a gentle way of introducing the concept that not everything an authority figure says is always true.

Just like with pranks you gotta know your audience though, and there's always some rear end in a top hat who crosses the line into traumatizing

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Laserjet 4P posted:

Pff, raising kids is just a matter of microdosing trauma.

rueful chuckle in Slavic: Micro?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm gonna point out spots on each one of your shirts and then flick your noses when you look down, one by one

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Soul Dentist posted:

I'm gonna point out spots on each one of your shirts and then flick your noses when you look down, one by one

Ok, but first, your shoelaces are untied.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

So what if I give my son a swirlie from time to time, it's all in good fun

This sounds fine. Based on your username I assume that bowl is sparkling. Your son should feel privileged to be allowed to drink from it.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Just pondering swirlie logistics here. Is the gist of it that american toilets are like really really full of water? Up to the brim or something? How does one avoid splashback during regular use? Or is the extra depth required for the swirlening occasioned by means of a timely flush

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

American toilets are full of water basically up to the gonads of the user making the difference between a normal American toilet and an overflowing one basically within the margin of error.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
why

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The citizen ofthe USA is more poo poo than human. If you want to laugh just look up how mad they got when the government tried to push low flow - aka normal - toilets.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My right to megapoop shall not be infringed :freep:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tree Bucket posted:

Just pondering swirlie logistics here. Is the gist of it that american toilets are like really really full of water? Up to the brim or something? How does one avoid splashback during regular use? Or is the extra depth required for the swirlening occasioned by means of a timely flush

:siren: This is what Germans actually believe. :siren:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Submerging the poop does help a bit with the smell. Plus all I've heard are horror stories about those German shelf toilets :shrek:

Inceltown posted:

The citizen ofthe USA is more poo poo than human. If you want to laugh just look up how mad they got when the government tried to push low flow - aka normal - toilets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRhO9sDezVk

e:
I will admit the superior design is one with a button on the tank to just flush the bowl water after taking a piss, and a handle on the side to do a full tank empty to wash away turds.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Captain Hygiene posted:

My right to megapoop shall not be infringed :freep:

Yeah yeah americans say that, but they always forget the bit about "a well-regulated flusher, being essential to the security of a pee state"

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Takes No Damage posted:

Submerging the poop does help a bit with the smell. Plus all I've heard are horror stories about those German shelf toilets :shrek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRhO9sDezVk

e:
I will admit the superior design is one with a button on the tank to just flush the bowl water after taking a piss, and a handle on the side to do a full tank empty to wash away turds.

Our toilet bowls have maybe an inch or two more water, and the number of times that is sufficient to completely submerge a turd and consequently almost completely nullify the smell is not insignificant. The real terror is our shameful lack of bidets.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The real shame is the lack of a fart sucker

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

sweet geek swag posted:

Our toilet bowls have maybe an inch or two more water, and the number of times that is sufficient to completely submerge a turd and consequently almost completely nullify the smell is not insignificant. The real terror is our shameful lack of bidets.

Speak for yourself, tiny poo poo-haver.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Hm. No, no I think I will continue to gently give my 15 year old niece poo poo for being scared of ET as a kid, when it was her favorite movie in the world and no one made her watch it against her will. She *knew* she didn't like the alien but by god she still insisted on watching it over and over and over, hiding behind someone every drat time he was on screen. She was comforted accordingly, but she did that to her drat self.

The things that frighten us fascinate us the most.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Speak for yourself, tiny poo poo-haver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKu9Wsw3lqQ&t=70s

vvv
Neptune's Kiss :wink:

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 10:40 on Jan 14, 2024

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Splashback in amercan toilets is by design. Who needs a bidet when your monsterous log splashes back a tsunami to help clean your bhole?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Brawnfire posted:

The real shame is the lack of a fart sucker
You can find plenty of those on fetlife.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ShouldHaveCat/status/1746487089485512811?s=20

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

in their defence it does help with the smell. and i found splashback to be more a function of drop height so the fact you're making GBS threads into water that's much closer gives the turd less drop time to build up enough velocity to generate appreciable splashback.

the worst thing about american (public) toilets are the huge gaps around the cubicles, i assume for prioritising something stupid like discouraging homeless people from doing drugs rather than general comfort and privacy

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

jeebus bob posted:

Dude needs to get his vision tested because wtf

Nah people bump that poo poo all the time, it happens, what really is hosed up is that they don't put a shelf or grill on those steel fixtures. Literally everywhere including target and walmart know better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The lack of a shelf not only makes what happened possible, it made it inevitable.