Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Thundercracker posted:

Well, my honour run ended. Got absolutely dumpstered at the final fight with the brain. I'm still not exactly sure how it's AOE works but it instantly annihilated two party members that jumped in and it went downhill from there.

That's my last playthrough until DLC

My trick for this was sending a weird rear end in a top hat I don’t like who won’t shut up about his ex to explode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

My trick for this was sending a weird rear end in a top hat I don’t like who won’t shut up about his ex to explode

Motherfucker I had him in there too

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I wish Astarion had proper rapier animations. The infernal rapier looks so cool but it makes his gait so goofy.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

exquisite tea posted:

Yes. If you don't want to wait until they die, you can sell them a pouch, put all the items you want in that pouch, and then steal it. You'll only have to succeed 1 roll and the DC will be severely reduced.

And if you don't even want to bother with a skill check, just switch to another party member in the barter window and double click the pouch, then close the barter screen. The pouch window will open up and you can just take everything out of it and it doesn't even count as stealing.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

When I finished the game for the first time a few months ago I had him do that and he still showed up in the epilogue.

He wont go away

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Ginette Reno posted:

When I finished the game for the first time a few months ago I had him do that and he still showed up in the epilogue.

He wont go away

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How many screenshots did you save and how do you have them so well organized for every occasion ?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Shard posted:

How many screenshots did you save and how do you have them so well organized for every occasion ?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Shard posted:

My question is where the hell is Game Quoter and did they go regular or milkshake duck

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Now that I've had my full of BG3 time to go into the back catalog of Larian. Just bought Divinity Original Sin 2. What's the best/fun story character to go through?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lots of untagged spoilers lately. :argh:

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
I’m pushing 40 hours into act 1 on my first play through and haven’t even found Karlach yet

Level 6 now and I’m pretty much plowing through most encounters.

Feels crazy I’m not thru act 1 at this point, is this normal?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
My first time through act 1 took about 50-60 hrs

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Yeah first act if you're thorough and not rushing is practically a game in and of itself. Hell I feel that way about the second too but I think I play slower than most.

About to wrap it for real btw and this finale is nuts. Someone said that act ii could be the ending and hell I agree it is insanely epic.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

hobbez posted:

I’m pushing 40 hours into act 1 on my first play through and haven’t even found Karlach yet

Level 6 now and I’m pretty much plowing through most encounters.

Feels crazy I’m not thru act 1 at this point, is this normal?

how did you get to level 6? did you complete all of the underdark?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

i got to act 3 in 35 hours but i was not trying to scoop up every quest.

act one was like, 15-20

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.

lunar detritus posted:

how did you get to level 6? did you complete all of the underdark?

Yea I think so. Got the items from the forge and freed the gnomes

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I’m like 120 hours in deep into Act 3 and I keep fighting big huge loving insane set piece fights and I’m like “surely I’m almost done”.

Then my quest log goes
Ding ding ding

And I have more awesome epic poo poo to do. This game is insane. If it had ended after Act 1 I would have thought it was awesome.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

space uncle posted:

I’m like 120 hours in deep into Act 3 and I keep fighting big huge loving insane set piece fights and I’m like “surely I’m almost done”.

Then my quest log goes
Ding ding ding

And I have more awesome epic poo poo to do. This game is insane. If it had ended after Act 1 I would have thought it was awesome.

The great thing about the game is that there are almost only set piece fights - there's almost not filler trash. It's super refreshing to play.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Thundercracker posted:

Now that I've had my full of BG3 time to go into the back catalog of Larian. Just bought Divinity Original Sin 2. What's the best/fun story character to go through?

I always play elf skeleton so I can eat body parts and drink poison.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Turds in magma posted:

The great thing about the game is that there are almost only set piece fights - there's almost not filler trash. It's super refreshing to play.

This is a big reason I’ve been able to replay it so many times. There are very few places where it feels tedious even after 8 or 9 times playing through them.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Fane is the best character. He has the most tie-in to the overarching plot, by far.

A bit like durge for BG3 but more so

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Ah looks like it was fixed in hotfix 14, sad

They patched a bunch of other bag related exploits in hotfix 14, but not the drop on death one.

Vendors keep their bag when their stock refreshes, which happens whenever any character levels up. So you can grab a hireling, sell the bag, drag everything into the bag, level up the hireling, drag everything into the bag, so on. Eventually the bag will have like a million gold worth in it, you won't be able to pick it up because it'll be thousands of kilos but you can just directly send it to camp after knocking out the vendor.

This also lets you duplicate unique vendor items, they keep spawning in the shop on refresh until you buy them, and being inside the bag doesn't count as being bought.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Fane is the best character. He has the most tie-in to the overarching plot, by far.

A bit like durge for BG3 but more so

On the other hand, if the thing you liked about Dark Urge was "struggling against a mysterious internal force that wants you to murder things", that's Lohse.

Ifan is also fairly closely connected to the main quest but doesn't get as much unique stuff to do as Fane.

Sebille gets to do Elf Stuff, the Beast gets to do Dwarf Stuff, and the Red Prince gets to do Lizard Stuff. Sebille and Red Prince get a decent amount of plot throughout the game but the Dwarf Stuff is kind of back-loaded into one area near the end.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Thuryl posted:

On the other hand, if the thing you liked about Dark Urge was "struggling against a mysterious internal force that wants you to murder things", that's Lohse.

Ifan is also fairly closely connected to the main quest but doesn't get as much unique stuff to do as Fane.

Sebille gets to do Elf Stuff, the Beast gets to do Dwarf Stuff, and the Red Prince gets to do Lizard Stuff. Sebille and Red Prince get a decent amount of plot throughout the game but the Dwarf Stuff is kind of back-loaded into one area near the end.

I did my first run through as Sebille and the Elf Stuff felt very removed from the rest of the game. It was interesting though, and very... genocidey. But then I played Fane and felt like I was actually the main character of the game I was in.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

In my third playthrough and I have just discovered Ketheric’s bedroom for the first time ever and I am talking to the goodest boy who ever lived and died and lives again and my power goes out. Boooo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Another thing I re-confirmed and wasn't sure if it wasn't an accident was that you don't have actually have to fight the undead crew to get withers. You apparently just have to be in the area as his tomb and then enter camp, and take a rest.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Trevor Hale posted:

In my third playthrough and I have just discovered Ketheric’s bedroom for the first time ever and I am talking to the goodest boy who ever lived and died and lives again and my power goes out. Boooo

Power came back and then fifteen minutes later I lost all internet

In short: the polar vortex does not want me to complete act 2 tonight

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pick Lohse if you want to play as a Dark Urge Bard in another game, as voiced by Mizora.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’m about 60 hours into the game, roughly halfway through act 2, maybe less. Game just continues to one-up itself. It’s constantly fun to play, has an interesting narrative, and phenomenal combat. Easily the GOTY and possibly decade.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
So stoneskin. I haven't used this much in any of my many runs in the game but was thinking about it randomly.

Is this as useless as it seems? I imagine by the time you get it most enemies use magical attacks/weapons. Perhaps it would work on stuff in the shadowlands? I think most Githyanki use magic weps, so wouldn't work there. And I imagine most enemies in ch3 also use magic weps/attacks

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Ginette Reno posted:

So stoneskin. I haven't used this much in any of my many runs in the game but was thinking about it randomly.

Is this as useless as it seems? I imagine by the time you get it most enemies use magical attacks/weapons. Perhaps it would work on stuff in the shadowlands? I think most Githyanki use magic weps, so wouldn't work there. And I imagine most enemies in ch3 also use magic weps/attacks

I've never cast it because it was already bad, but assumed it would 1/2 all physical weapon attacks despite the wording because that would be unbelievably bad. Looked it up and it really doesn't block magical weapons at all. :psyduck:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Why the hell would I cast something that doesn't increase my killing power. You can halve their weapon damage by halving their time on Faerun.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Why the hell would I cast something that doesn't increase my killing power. You can halve their weapon damage by halving their time on Faerun.

That doesn’t even make sense.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That doesn’t even make sense.

The best way to mitigate damage is just killing everything.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Jack Trades posted:

The best way to mitigate damage is just killing everything.

This is correct.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I always play elf skeleton so I can eat body parts and drink poison.

One of the most 'video games' sentences imaginable

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

You would use stone skin theoretically if you were in a scenario where you were a caster guaranteed to take a punch from a high initiative foe. So since it lasts all day you can prebuff with it by buying a scroll. But non magical and D4 initiative takes away this scenario.

It’s always been an annoyance that scrolls are rng even in THE magic shop.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
Ok, I was reading a thread on reddit about how so many side characters in bg3 should not be so interesting and cool for so how little they were in the game, but imagine this was the party that Tav had

Alfira, tiefling bard of course :)

Abdirak, cleric of Loviatar, I assume Life probably

He Who Was, paladin of vengeance?

Araj Oblodra, it's not in bg3, but artificer with subclass alchemist

Anyone else? Just imagining these four interacting is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

It’s from the Brennan Lee Mulligan school of thought that sometimes insanely magical people are just out there doing stuff.

Source: uhhhhhhhh