Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Ars Arcanum posted:

Thank you so much, TheOneAndOnlyT! This is an astounding array of lovely local gifts. The mugs are adorable, and I'll be taking the enamel one on future camping trips with me. I'm looking forward to eating all the foodstuffs!

And thank you for being patient with my much-delayed posting; I've only just this week started truly feel normal again after 6+ weeks of feeling like a sentient pained puddle of goo with mucus-covered cotton stuffed in my ears (the doctors finally gave me steroids to knock out the inflamation from the colds I caught back before Thanksgiving). Also, the cookies were fine (and delicious); please heap praise upon your wife for me!
Hooray! I'm glad to hear you're doing better and everything arrived unscathed, and I have showered praise upon my wife and her baking skills as you instructed. Enjoy your gifts! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
SANTA CAME!! (like a week ago but...uh...I kinda procrastinated posting. Sorry, Santa)

I got two packages. The first contained an adorable stuffed bee and some smartly wrapped presents:

It's CANDIES AND POPPED CORNS!

I managed to get the lion's share of the candies before my wife and child swept in but the bee has become a fixture in my child's bedtime stuffy menagerie. Her name is Bee. Because she is a bee. The mixed cheddar and caramel popcorn was basically instantly annihilated upon opening. Perfect gifts for our little fam!

Package two seemed strange at first:

But when I opened it I instantly knew who my SASSmas Santa was!!

It's MIZ KRISS!!! She's been my santa once before and made me a juicy (Also skull-ful) holiday painting that has become a staple of our holiday decorations. This time, it's BIGGER, it's MORE COLORFUL, it's SKULLTACULAR! We're all pumped as I love the idea of skulls at christmas, my wife loves christmas decorations, and my kid saw that there was a purple present and instantly declared it a masterpiece!

Miz Kriss, you've been an awesome santa to this person twice now and each time you've added something to my house that will be with us forever. A decidedly hard thing to do. Happy holidays, Miz Kriss and, again, thank you!

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Yay! I’m so glad it showed up, (even though I sent it late)! I saw your post about how much you loved the first painting and I instantly knew you needed another one to go with it. Happy SASS-mas! :woop:

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
Nothing arrived from Santa. :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
do we have RE SASS set up yet?

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Santa, you might wanna contact USPS about the package cause I can’t do so from Canada. I don’t want your hard efforts to go to waste.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

ChickenDoodle posted:

Santa, you might wanna contact USPS about the package cause I can’t do so from Canada. I don’t want your hard efforts to go to waste.

Same, mine is stuck in BELL GARDENS, CA

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

No word from Santee yet but I did see in the tracking that it finally arrived in their country :munch:

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

ChickenDoodle posted:

Yeah, unfortunately I can't use the online inquiry form because of the type of shipping I used. I'll have to look into it later this week. Glad I was able to get you the panda at least!

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Yay, I got a surprise in the mail today - a very late Christmas from my Santa! The package went on it's own little adventure but it's made it. I will post photos soon.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Cone of Tragedy posted:

Yay, I got a surprise in the mail today - a very late Christmas from my Santa! The package went on it's own little adventure but it's made it. I will post photos soon.

i have to ask: what is happening in your avatar?

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
I'm so glad you received something from your Santa, Cone of Tragedy!

I know there's still some gifts mid-travel, but is there anyone who still hasn't heard from their Santa?

Cowslips Warren posted:

As long as we're asking, Bollock Monkey, what is your avatar?

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:
Santa delivered late last week and finally here are photos!

I especially love the fluffy frogs socks, but it's summer here so I have to wait to enjoy them fully. Eeeeee I love frogs, such cute and fluffy sock!

The psychopath usually hates things on her shelves but she seems ok with this guy?!?

Frijin
Jul 17, 2015

Hoplosternum posted:

Santa delivered late last week and finally here are photos!

I especially love the fluffy frogs socks, but it's summer here so I have to wait to enjoy them fully. Eeeeee I love frogs, such cute and fluffy sock!

The psychopath usually hates things on her shelves but she seems ok with this guy?!?

Glad your gifts finally arrived and you enjoy, never trust the Royal Mail ("Oh, send by 5th December and it'll be in NZ for Christmas!")
And oh yeah, just because it's fluffy socks season here doesn't apply everywhere lol

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

It is from Chris Ware's Acme Novelty Library. The character is Quimby Mouse which is just one of the many characters he has in them. The mouse finds a disembodied but still sentient cat head and brings it home with him and subjects it to various abuses and humiliations and wavers back and forth between hating it and treating it as a friend and sometimes just as an object.

In the gif the mouse is crying hysterically holding the head in his hands, and then decides that rather than be sad about the cat it is best to put it out of its misery with a hammer and chases the head around the room since the cat doesn't really want that and tries to roll away.

The comic series is a set of books in various sizes and shapes and sometimes had little paper projects you could make in them, I think this might have been from a flip book you could make and someone turned it into a gif. It is on the cover of the one called "Sparky's Best Comics and Stories" running down the front and there is a big crying picture of the cat head. You might have been able to build a cat head too? I guess I just liked the chaotic energy going on in it and am a fan of the comics.

Cone of Tragedy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 9, 2024

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

ChickenDoodle posted:

Yeah, tracking went dark on mine two weeks ago too.

Frijin
Jul 17, 2015
Hooray, the SASSmass wait is over!

My box of treats includes:

A cool feather, some coins for the collection, a cooler rock...

A new board game! Not one I've even heard of before...

My own solar installation checklist, could come in hand- what's that alarm? Containment breach!?

So good news bad news:
-The feather and coins are untouched by honey (good because I've no idea how I'd get honey off a feather)
-The rock was soaked in honey, but hey, it's a rock, some hot water later and it's fine.
-The board game had a little honey on the outside of the box but with hot water wiped clean ok, the inside was pristine.
-The honey that remains is delicious.
-The checklist and big box didn't make it :(

I'm not sure what else could have been done to be honest, the honey was covered in protective cardboard, there was bubble wrap and paper to keep stuff in place, just the perils of international shopping / reindeer in need of retraining, COMET.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Frijin posted:

Hooray, the SASSmass wait is over!

My box of treats includes:

A cool feather, some coins for the collection, a cooler rock...

A new board game! Not one I've even heard of before...

My own solar installation checklist, could come in hand- what's that alarm? Containment breach!?

So good news bad news:
-The feather and coins are untouched by honey (good because I've no idea how I'd get honey off a feather)
-The rock was soaked in honey, but hey, it's a rock, some hot water later and it's fine.
-The board game had a little honey on the outside of the box but with hot water wiped clean ok, the inside was pristine.
-The honey that remains is delicious.
-The checklist and big box didn't make it :(

I'm not sure what else could have been done to be honest, the honey was covered in protective cardboard, there was bubble wrap and paper to keep stuff in place, just the perils of international shopping / reindeer in need of retraining, COMET.

Oh no/yay! That's a new one on me, that glass is a normal strength for food containers and that amount of packing care has never resulted in a smashed one before.

Very relieved to hear everything else pretty much made it though - and that the board game is both new to you and survived: I'm pretty confident you will really enjoy it, and it's out of print. Though you will possibly learn an alarming amount about whoever you play it against!

Merry Christmas :)

and I docked Comet's pay for the delays and customs snafu

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Do we have a re-sass yet?

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Cowslips Warren posted:

Do we have a re-sass yet?

I haven't run it for the past few years. I can do but I won't start it till the 14th.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Ulillinguist posted:

I'm so glad you received something from your Santa, Cone of Tragedy!

I know there's still some gifts mid-travel, but is there anyone who still hasn't heard from their Santa?

As long as we're asking, Bollock Monkey, what is your avatar?

I played with one of the AI image generators doing the rounds a few years ago and enjoyed how the iterations evolved from cute to creepy (e: via sanitary towel lol) so I made a gif of them. Figured I should get an avatar after not having one since I registered in '07.

I've not heard from my Santee yet but tracking says the package was delivered on Jan 2nd so I'm not really sure what's up... Hopefully they're ok and just busy.

Bollock Monkey fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 11, 2024

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
A few days after Christmas I received a suspicious package.

It had come to me from the most British-sounding address possible and it contained... blue things!!

Cat was not included but is indeed a goony goon goon so that's okay.

My prizes: British and German foods and a completely adorable mom-made blue dinosaur plushie! I got lebkuchen and gingerbread bites - both of which vanished instantly - an actual Christmas pudding which I faithfully steamed according to the directions and actually liked quite a bit, and... a canister of Twiglets. These are little crackers with a Marmite-like coating and I'm gonna be honest with you: it's hard to parse these as food. They're a lot like licking a half-burnt charcoal briquette. I must enjoy smoke inhalation, though, because I keep eating them.

My dinosaur! Well, for a moment there it was the cats' dinosaur, but we entered a spirited negotiation and now it's mine again.

Thank you so much, Captain Muffin! Your card inspires me to continue to live in fear, but I was too excited to post about my presents after I opened the Twiglets. Those things are impressive.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I'm late! I'm late and I'm sorry! I received my package earlier into the new year. It's all my fault that I've not posted yet.

My slightly battered package arrived all the way from UK. It had a faint rattling sound when tipped. I was concerned that something may have broken on transport.

Opening the package replaced my concern with a greater fear - the package was clearly infested with bees.

I always appreciate when things are wrapped neatly, moreso when there is a theme.

As you see I was very fortunate this year! In addition to bees, there were bee dice and a tiny duck! A Percy Pig card and corresponding gummies (to match the wrapping paper). Some minty sweets, and chocolatey fingery sweets. We've also got some tea (:england:), a very cool coaster, a fantastic Metroid postcard (which I covered up in this photo :cripes:), and a memento from the Ship Inn. The included letter informed me of a great tradition related to the Inn, I won't spoil it, but if you go, heed the warning and do not sit in the chair. I also enjoy reading and thrillers, and this one certainly looks like one I will be diving into soon.

Stay classy! Much love to my secret santa : freelop

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

No word from Santee yet but I did see in the tracking that it finally arrived in their country :munch:

I suspect it is there now. :confused:

Yay, a mystery box arrived from far far away and down down under. The opening message features many bees and was signed [REDACTED] so obviously I have no idea who-ever it could be.

I wish I could read musical notes: is it a Christmas song or Slayer?

Apparently my Santa is from Temora in New South Wales, Australia (I just looked it up and my translation = middle of bumfuck nowhere). This is a great location, as they are into photography and have sent me a cool booklet of their own annotated pictures of local birbs. The other booklet is a comic that Santa created and previously posted in the PYF comics thread right here on SA! Santa is a creative genius! I am also very happy with the three packages of (almost) locally sourced sweets. The coated macadamias are always good, but I am very curious about the chocolate and liqorice mixtures, especially the spelt. We have a big liqorice tradition in my country (NL), but I've never tried it with chocolate. The final gift was a cute little baby kangaroo that my daughter prompty confiscated and named Skippy.

Thanks a bunch, Santa! I hope you also have a stellar 2024!

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I picked my package up yesterday, and it is absolutely the high point of a very stressful and exhausting week. (God, moving sucks. Currently using my balcony as a fridge.)
But enough about me, have at thee.
Phoneposting, so apologies for any weird formatting.

A mysterious and exotic package from the faraway land of Poland graces my doorstep!

(Censured to protect the identity of the innocent. (Me and also Santa).)
It was 'too big for my mailbox', because my mailbox is sized for bees.

A cool, and rad bee is the first thing I see, wishing me merry tidings.

The first gift: bubblewrap, which i actually used to secure some mugs for transport not long after.

The contents are protected by an ever increasing swarm of adorable little bees.

And another Queen Bee makes her approach, along with a chocolate ornament of some kinda guy.
Is this Krampus, or some other polish hisorical figure?

The bees guard a stash of chocolate dutifully.
Looks to be a chocolate reindeer, as well as a wonderful spectrum of chocolate of a local variety that I can't wait to dig into.

This smaller chocolate was a bar of marshmallow covered in chocolate, delicious and light. Reminds me a lot of bamsemums.
Inn addition to that there was an stand adorable knitted heart ornament. (Was it homemade? It's great, and will have a place of honour on my next tree.)

And for the final part:
Santa kidnapped, shrunk down, and disassembled a number of landmarks from Wars(z)aw(a), just for me!
(Please do not tell Interpol I have them, as I refuse to return them.)

It's a pretty huge model set (40 cm long!)
I've been to Warsaw twice on short trips (Norwegian schoolkids get bussed down to Poland to learn how bad the holocaust was, and how rad the Polish salt mines are, in middle school.)
But I don't think I've visited any of these landmarks, but I'll have to look them up. They look pretty rad, especially the ... Cultural palace? The big pointy one.

I'm looking forwards to assembling it, but I've gotta get some of these boxes out of the way first.

I didn't notice anything pointing out who my Secret Santa is, but thanks so much!
I look forwards to gobbling through the chocolate, and getting that model assembled so that I can put it next to my t-rex.
Honestly the package came at the perfect time, and had been a wonderful highlight as i sit here, surrounded by an ever increasing amount of boxes.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

SubNat posted:

The contents are protected by an ever increasing swarm of adorable little bees.

Where do y'all find these little stick on bees? I got some a few years ago in a SASSmas box and I want more.

Also update for Santa: I put my little shuttle together!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm gonna go ahead and unstick this, so please make sure to add this to your bookmarks!

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
The Chicago elves finally talked to the Canadian elves, and Christmas arrived!

Thanks for all the goodies, Santa! I look forward to trying all the Minnesotan treats.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Pixelante posted:

Thanks for all the goodies, Santa! I look forward to trying all the Minnesotan treats.

Yay! drat that took way too long. (Pro tip - go easy on the SPAM, it has a ton of sodium. Hopefully you don't have a heart condition.)

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

SirPablo posted:

Yay! drat that took way too long. (Pro tip - go easy on the SPAM, it has a ton of sodium. Hopefully you don't have a heart condition.)

Not yet! Thanks dude, good job bringing the holiday cheer with some stuff I can share with friends.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Pixelante posted:

Is Minnesota one of those places with a lot of Norwegian migrants? Unless uffda means something else over there?

( Uffda translates as 'that's a shame'/'that sucks' kinda, reaction to bad news. Oof to that.)

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Still no word from Santee about their gifts arriving.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

SubNat posted:

Is Minnesota one of those places with a lot of Norwegian migrants? Unless uffda means something else over there?

( Uffda translates as 'that's a shame'/'that sucks' kinda, reaction to bad news. Oof to that.)

Yeah, Minnesota had a bunch of Norwegian (and Swedish) immigrants.

Going to have to have a word with my own Chicago elves now that we're all over covid at Casa Spinach. They're very much still slacking on the job.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

So it’s the 14th, who ended up not getting anything/who needs reSASSing?

Still no word from Santee about their gifts arriving.

Sorry, that really sucks. Are they an active poster?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Stay classy! Much love to my secret santa : freelop

Glad you like it!
I think all goons should sit in The Chair but make sure I'm present at the time

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Battle Pigeon posted:

So it’s the 14th, who ended up not getting anything/who needs reSASSing?

Sorry, that really sucks. Are they an active poster?

Nope, they haven't posted at all on any threads since they gave info about themselves ITT back in early December

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

I wanted to post a picture and thank my Santa Blinkeve1826 , who just so happened to be my Santee last year! They let me know the gifts got returned to sender because they were missing my unit number which caused them to be delayed and then they were too ill to re-ship it for a bit. I am very glad though it made it here it eventually.

They sent me a lovely wood burning kit complete with letter brand hot stamps and some wood to practice on. I will get a lot of use out of this! I got a wood engraver this year and this is a great compliment to it. They also got me a neat crab pen from Omega Mart which is a place I love, a funky little charm from Korea, and a twin set of Kazoos - so if someone tries to hide the first one I will be ready with back up. A very fun and whimsical set of gifts, thank you very much!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cone of Tragedy fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 16, 2024

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Cone of Tragedy posted:

I wanted to post a picture and thank my Santa Blinkeve1826 , who just so happened to be my Santee last year! They let me know the gifts got returned to sender because they were missing my unit number which caused them to be delayed and then they were too ill to re-ship it for a bit. I am very glad though it made it here it eventually.

They sent me a lovely wood burning kit complete with letter brand hot stamps and some wood to practice on. I will get a lot of use out of this! I got a wood engraver this year and this is a great compliment to it. They also got me a neat crab pen from Omega Mart which is a place I love, a funky little charm from Korea, and a twin set of Kazoos - so if someone tries to hide the first one I will be ready with back up. A very fun and whimsical set of gifts, thank you very much!!

Yay! So glad it (finally) got there and you enjoyed it :) Happy January-holidays!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I have been a bad Santee and am only now posting my review praise for my SASSmas present!

First off we have some foodstuffs. The candy is tasty, I worry the rest of it may kill me.

Some important documents and a cool monster comic book I have only perused so far.

Cool desk calendar and a fortune teller thing. Now I can see the Aurora all-year round!

A sweet hat that I am going to get a ton of use out of, thanks Santa!

Holy crap, could this be as good as it looks!?

This is gonna be gold, thanks Santa Hamclam, and thanks Black Christian Movies.com!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

SASS gift finally arrived today! Haven't had a chance to upload photos yet, but it's a nice art print and a wildlife photography book from London. No note in the package of who Santa-goon is, but thanks!
That would be me!

Apologies for late reply, but I moved house on the day you made this post and I’ve only just gotten my stuff set up now.

That said, my Christmas present arrived on the same day, right as I was moving - it made a nice moving present!

An assortment of delicious American snacks and cool toys to display in my new place! :toot:

Deathslinger fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 17, 2024