Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

dreezy posted:

at 31 i can always count on this place to make me feel young again, thanks olds!

lol, I was 31 in 1999. you will be my age around 2050. it's all relative from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

tango alpha delta posted:

lol, I was 31 in 1999. you will be my age around 2050. it's all relative from there.

Oh god I'm tired.

Really hope I kick the bucket before they start uploading us to the perma-life.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Cactus Ghost posted:

gen alpha doesnt even know how to type

Hotel Kpro posted:

Sounds like job security for us olds then

Finally I can corner the job market with my 120+wpm.
What? Nobody hires typists anymore? Cool.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
For some reason always I slam the loving keys like I'm using a 1950s typewriter.

And I can still only do 60wpm.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

emSparkly posted:

For some reason always I slam the loving keys like I'm using a 1950s typewriter.

And I can still only do 60wpm.

I dictate my posts.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
For the first 10 years of my life, we had 3.5 channels on the TV. NBC, PBS, and WLVI channel 56. Sometimes at night TV 38 would come in if turned the antenna just the right way.

The internet ruined everything.

Edit: My Grandmother used to send us to get a 6 pack of Warm Bud pounders and 2 packs of Kool cigarettes. I was 8, my sister was 10.

daslog fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 3, 2024

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
I used my mom's credit card to sign up when I was 12 I think lmao, now I'm 32

putting it like that... jesus christ time flies

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

pencilhands posted:

do zoomers/gen alpha not have sweet desktop rigs?

the zoomers and late millennials i know are just as likely as the early millennials and late gen x to still use a desktop PC. it all comes down to whether gaming is a significant hobby. i don't know anyone who doesn't game that still uses a desktop PC at home instead of a laptop or tablet.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

daslog posted:

For the first 10 years of my life, we had 3.5 channels on the TV. NBC, PBS, and WLVI channel 56. Sometimes at night TV 38 would come in if turned the antenna just the right way.

The internet ruined everything.

Watching fuzzy-rear end reruns of Hee Haw on the Manchester NH ABC station.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Bad Purchase posted:

the zoomers and late millennials i know are just as likely as the early millennials and late gen x to still use a desktop PC. it all comes down to whether gaming is a significant hobby. i don't know anyone who doesn't game that still uses a desktop PC at home instead of a laptop or tablet.

What about me, millennial with what calls itself a gaming laptop

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

folks with gaming laptops, well it’s a wonder they’re still alive at all. everyone i’ve known who ever bought one has been long dead from falling down a well, suffocating themselves with a plastic bag, choking on the toy in a kinder egg, or falling victim to similar obvious traps.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I remember in like 2005 my great aunt died and left me a bit of money. I was faced with whether to buy a gaming laptop or a really nice guitar. I’m very glad I chose the latter lol loving gaming laptops are a scam unless you travel a lot.

I got a laptop a few years ago that was a gaming laptop so I could play FFXIV more easily with my daughter and regretted it when right after the warranty was dead so was the laptop since it heated up so much it and/or regulated voltage so poorly that it blew a mosfet. And it seemed to be a design flaw so jack poo poo I could do except have an expensive Regret Paperweight vs. a pc where you just repair it and move on. Not to mention upgrades over time.

But yeah I think outside of work, young ppl who have a pc have one for gaming and not much else.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I think it's late 30s

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

rio posted:

I remember in like 2005 my great aunt died and left me a bit of money. I was faced with whether to buy a gaming laptop or a really nice guitar. I’m very glad I chose the latter lol loving gaming laptops are a scam unless you travel a lot.

I got a laptop a few years ago that was a gaming laptop so I could play FFXIV more easily with my daughter and regretted it when right after the warranty was dead so was the laptop since it heated up so much it and/or regulated voltage so poorly that it blew a mosfet. And it seemed to be a design flaw so jack poo poo I could do except have an expensive Regret Paperweight vs. a pc where you just repair it and move on. Not to mention upgrades over time.

But yeah I think outside of work, young ppl who have a pc have one for gaming and not much else.

they have laptops u can upgrade/repair now https://frame.work/

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
building ray tracing capable 32gb ram 16 threads pc just to play half life 1 again

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Booty Pageant posted:

building ray tracing capable 32gb ram 16 threads pc just to play half life 1 again

Wise to not bother future proofing

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Booty Pageant posted:

building ray tracing capable 64gb ram 16 threads pc just to play Slay the Spire and Xcom again

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

zeldadude posted:

I used my mom's credit card to sign up when I was 12 I think lmao, now I'm 32

putting it like that... jesus christ time flies

Psychologists could use you as a case study on the dangers of forum poisoning.

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

I turned 50 about 2 weeks ago.

Jan 11, 2024
there's a bunch of kid posters in FYAD tonight

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I need surgery and so does my pet.

Jan 11, 2024

Animal-Mother posted:

I need surgery and so does my pet.

maybe it's time to call it quits instead?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

011024 posted:

maybe it's time to call it quits instead?
take your own advice dumbass

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:nono:

One-Eyed Willy
Jan 11, 2024
Old enough to hate social media.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fat Loser posted:

I turned 50 about 2 weeks ago.

Congrats! How you feeling?

Barry Scott
Jan 2, 2009
Turned 30 in December used my dad's card to buy my account now I'm sad that I've been here for 15 loving years

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Outrail posted:

Psychologists could use you as a case study on the dangers of forum poisoning.

Maybe I could get some compensation? There must be dozens of us! Class action!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

zeldadude posted:

Maybe I could get some compensation? There must be dozens of us! Class action!

Full reimbursement for your SA subscription. That must add up to quite a lot over the years.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Turning 40 this year, so I suspect the mean is somewhere around people my age.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Turning 40 this year, so I suspect the mean is somewhere around people my age.

I'm there in five months :(

e: oh god just slightly less than five months :(((((

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

"I could kiss you on the nuts."
I’m 40 this year and lurked on the forums for a year or two before biting the bullet and paying the ten bucks. Hard to believe I’ve been on this site for half my life now :dogstare:

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

redshirt posted:

Congrats! How you feeling?

I've lived like science was going to be able to replace my body 10 years ago.

That didn't happen and now everything leaks/hurts/pops.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

turning 30 is a lot worse than turning 40

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Prettz posted:

turning 30 is a lot worse than turning 40

Turning 50 is yet worse and 60 is going to be HORRIBLE

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Spinz posted:

Turning 50 is yet worse and 60 is going to be HORRIBLE

Ah 50 wasn’t so bad. I got out from under all my debt and started to take things a little easier. It’s not easy to slow down though.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

1000 years old

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
online carbon dating scene

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

dreezy posted:

at 31 i can always count on this place to make me feel young again, thanks olds!

I'm 28. Get out of the way old man.

edit: but really it is nice to know there are people around my age group here.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
How many of you oldies are still eating rear end? Or getting your rear end eaten?