Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/Tyler_The_Wise/status/1746008130516127833?t=KZ8r_W30A427jRepiM1tzA&s=19

This is not the first time someone has tried this analogy and it's never any less stupid

I know you of all people have read aberration in the heartland of the real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol that obama negotiated a 38 billion give away to Israel hinging on Israel not asking for additional money for 10 yrs.

Israel keeps asking for and getting xtra money, afaik

what a lovely negotiator. what an empty suit.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

the amount we spend on Israel's missle defense, 500 million dollars a year, would be enough to home every homeless person in America

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don’t want to throw an entire country under the bus, but per the research I did for the Ukraine thread, about 200 Danes joined the Allies in WW2 (they never had a government or army in exile) as opposed to thousands in the Wehrmacht and SS.

Their ability to decide the current hegemony is good, actually, is more powerful than ours.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

what we need is a good student with a gun

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/Tyler_The_Wise/status/1746008130516127833?t=KZ8r_W30A427jRepiM1tzA&s=19

This is not the first time someone has tried this analogy and it's never any less stupid

crazy someone would just say that on the internet

anyway have you all seen Hereditary?

it’s a pretty good spooky film. lots of fun to see with friends.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if Ted kaczynsky happened today he would receive overwhelming support

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

oh wow that rando with an anime avatar sure said something hosed up on the nazi site

You still haven't told me why you use this website

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
timothy mcveigh ftw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
timothee mcveigh

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RealityWarCriminal posted:

if Ted kaczynsky happened today he would receive overwhelming support

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

same amount to give two shits about this circus at all, even if it’s to mock it

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

oh wow that rando with an anime avatar sure said something hosed up on the nazi site

How does the family react when you explain your multi-year crusade to them?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

mags posted:

what we need is a good student with a gun

Perhaps the solution is to build more prisons? :thunk:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Al! posted:

timotheh mcveh

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Al! posted:

timothee mcveigh

Timothot McSlay

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

enough about D&D

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Are they saying Trump expanded the Yemen war and also praising Joe Biden for expanding the Yemen war

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

mags posted:

enough about D&D

isn’t that where we are?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

isn’t that where we are?

Nein

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Weird how the globe emoji motherfuckers strangely always oppose one world government

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Changing the merch to non-Israeli colors would probably be smart, oh well they're already printed let's just remind people about another thing they don't like about Biden.

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

PhilippAchtel posted:

Can't spell Palestine without Epstein :tinfoil:

Free my Pal, Epstein

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Excelzior posted:

palestine

my pal, epstine....

:aaa:

Aaah nevertheless

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

tristeham posted:

timothy mcveigh ftw

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

crazy someone would just say that on the internet

anyway have you all seen Hereditary?

it’s a pretty good spooky film. lots of fun to see with friends.

I watched hereditary with my mom and my partner and I loved it, and they wanted to know what the gently caress was wrong with me

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

I watched hereditary with my mom and my partner and I loved it, and they wanted to know what the gently caress was wrong with me

it's a fun movie but some people just don't click with horror as a genre.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Nonsense posted:

Are they saying Trump expanded the Yemen war and also praising Joe Biden for expanding the Yemen war

I guarantee you that Ben Norton is not praising Biden for anything.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

this is AI

why does it have corporate training video music

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

got 'em!

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1746547719173443746

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I know it's the Lincoln project, but that's still incredibly lazy. Just copying Trump's homework

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

bloomberg has a good writeup on the willis scandal:

quote:

The judge overseeing the Georgia election fraud indictment of Donald Trump said he will hold a hearing in February on explosive claims that prosecutor Fani Willis improperly appointed a romantic partner to lead the investigation, overpaid him and took vacations with him.

Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee said Friday he will wait until Willis, the Fulton County district attorney, responds to a motion this week by a Trump co-defendant seeking to disqualify Willis and Nathan Wade, the special prosecutor.

“Obviously, my plan was to allow the state to respond before setting a hearing date,” McAfee said in Atlanta state court, adding that he’s “targeting” early February.

McAfee replied at a hearing to a comment by Trump lawyer Steven Sadow that he’s weighing whether to join the Jan. 8 motion by co-defendant Michael Roman, which he called “salacious and scandalous in nature.” Craig Gillen, a lawyer for co-defendant David Shafer, said he’s also doing his own investigation and may join Roman’s motion.

The claims that Willis had an improper relationship with Wade have imperiled the Georgia prosecution of Trump, who was indicted on racketeering charges with 18 other people. Trump, the leading Republican in the race with President Joe Biden for the White House, also faces three other criminal trials.

Willis hasn’t responded to the Jan. 8 motion and her spokesman said she would do so in a court filing. But the claims prompted intense criticism of Willis by Trump and other Republican politicians while touching off intense debate in Atlanta’s legal community.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican, sent Wade a letter Friday asking for relevant documents as his panel “continues to conduct oversight of politically motivated prosecutions by state and local officials.”

Willis hired attorney Wade to work as a special prosecutor while they had a romantic relationship, according to the filing. Wade, a private attorney, has been paid $653,881, and they’ve traveled to Napa Valley in California, Florida and the Caribbean, according to the filing. Wade is undergoing a divorce in Cobb County, Georgia, where the records are sealed.

The Willis relationship with Wade before his appointment created an “impermissible and irreparable conflict of interest” that requires McAfee to remove both of them from the racketeering case, according to the filing.

Willis has directly benefited because “Wade is being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to prosecute this case on her behalf,” Roman attorney Ashleigh Merchant wrote. In turn, she alleged, Wade has taken Willis on vacation with money he is being paid by Fulton County taxpayers that Willis authorized.

The filing suggested that Willis’s alleged conduct could amount to honest services fraud by a public official.

Wade attended Friday’s hearing and spoke about other pending motions before the judge but didn’t address his relationship with Willis.

Lawyers in the Atlanta area said they’re riveted by the burgeoning scandal and its implications for Willis, a Democrat elected in 2020. She charged Trump under Georgia’s Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations act.

“Many folks have concern that this is yet another salacious attack on an African American female who has been duly elected and earned the trust of the residents of her county,” said Gwen Keyes Fleming, a former district attorney. “She has sworn an oath to pursue justice. She has successfully done that based on the record of facts and law so far. She’s being attacked in such a personal way for doing that.”

But other lawyers questioned the judgment of Willis in hiring Wade, who had little experience in complex investigations. In recent years, his legal work has included serving as a part-time municipal judge and handling non-felony criminal cases as well as divorce and child custody cases, court records show.

“There’s a lot of shock in the legal community about what we’ve seen in the motion,” said defense attorney Megan Grout. “He’s not the first person who would come to mind to handle a complex RICO case against the former president of the United States.”

Defense attorney Noah Pines said the optics of the case are bad for other prosecutors.

“What is strange to a lot of people in the legal community is bringing in a special prosecutor and the amount of money he’s being paid far surpasses what other prosecutors in the office are being paid,” Pines said. “Maybe if he was the Tom Brady of RICO prosecutions it would be understandable, but he’s not.”

Defense attorney Holly Waltman said she’s heard praise of Merchant for her “very bold” motion, as well as criticism that “she’s taking down the only person who can take down Donald Trump.”

If the allegations are true, “there’s a multitude of problems with it,” Waltman said. “Just the image of going to Napa and going on cruises and going on vacation together, the optics of it are shameful.”

lmao that she's prosecuting trump for corruption while being corrupt in how she's prosecuting trump for corruption.

double lmao if her funneling the funny money to her honey ends up scotching the trial against trump.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

You can't just do the same joke the other way.

edit: and it's not even funny!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

loquacius posted:

You still haven't told me why you use this website

Some times you just have to fart out bad jokes and stupid takes so they're not taking up space in your head anymore

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1746504249456955831

quote:

Among all adults, Biden's approval rating is just 33% in this poll, worse than Trump's low as president (36%) and the lowest since George W. Bush from 2006-2008. Fifty-eight percent disapprove of Biden's work.

Among groups, just 31% of women now approve of Biden's work in office, a new low (as do 34% of men). He won 57% of women in 2020.

He's at 28% approval among independents, a customary swing voter group; a low of 32% among moderates; and a low of 41% among college graduates, 10 points off his career average in that group.

Further, Biden's approval rating is 21 points below average among Black people and 15 points below average among Hispanic people, compared with 6 points among white people; more Black people, in particular, offer no opinion.

There's a striking difference among Black people by age in their views of Biden: He has an approval rating of 65% among Black people age 50 and up, dropping sharply to 32% among Black people younger than 50.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Punished Turtle posted:

MULLIGAN]
Brrrah brraaah! I am Hercules Mulligan
Up in it, lovin’ it, yes I heard ya mother said “Come again?”

[LAFAYETTE & LAURENS]
Ayyyyy

[MULLIGAN]
Lock up ya daughters and horses, of course
It’s hard to have intercourse over four sets of corsets...

[LAFAYETTE]
Wow

[LAURENS]
No more sex, pour me another brew, son!
Let’s raise a couple more...

[LAURENS/LAFAYETTE/MULLIGAN]
To the revolution!

This sucks so much. There’s no such thing as as a “set of corsets” and women didn’t wear multiple corsets. Wasn’t this supposed to aid in teaching history?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
the lincoln project still exists???

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

DoubleDonut posted:

the lincoln project still exists???

plenty of liberals to still make money off of

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

DoubleDonut posted: