Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Woke Mind Virus posted:

I like how NFL has been nothing about betting and now this playoff game is only available on streams which are like 30-45 seconds behind the betting apps. Can't even bet on what you're watching

that's a really good point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Luckily peacock is the best streaming app

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I knew the Dolphins were going to blow it and didn't need to pay to see it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cowboys remain America's Team by showing their playoff games on antenna

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Adding wifi to a george foreman grill and charging 3500 for it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
hand egg

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

they just added wi-fi to the george foreman grill and are charging $3500 for it

it looks like a 360-degree shawarma rotisserie thing

https://seergrills.com/

edit

quote:

CES Special: $1,000 OFF – Ends Jan 15th!

lol

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

stupid rear end elons real voice before someone told him “talking deep like the theranos lady is really it right now”

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

Apparently plasma doesn't count

plasma is halal

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

In Training posted:

The sensation of the blood getting pumped back into you is very strange yes

doing double red and getting saline pumped back in is even stranger

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

i am harry posted:

stupid rear end elons real voice before someone told him “talking deep like the theranos lady is really it right now”
In a "not that great a starting point but holy poo poo how far we've fallen" way, the obvious cognitive decline is bright like the trump is the sun.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Wrong thread.

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

again the plug itself isn't the problem...it was used on the Next Gens. it's not new.

the problem is that the last person(s) who touched this didn't do a good job and whoever was supposed to check their work hosed up too.

if Boeing really thought it would save money to have a different version of the max with no plug and it would save even a single dollar they would do it.

they're insanely cheap. they don't clean the bathrooms in the factories, they took garbage cans away from all office workers deks so they wouldn't have to pay janitors to empty them. lol, lmao

The aerospace sector in the US is deeply hosed. They’re being take over by private equity firms and, because they can’t keep the same profit margins as tech companies, their leadership is committed to stripping copper wire from their own commercial real estate to look good

The other side of it is that the aerospace sector is significantly smaller in terms of actually # companies

what’s happening to Maxar now is going to happen to the rest of the industry

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Early access jets, as a live service, with always on DRM. Flight controls that don't lock up are future DLC. Don't forget to pre-order the season pass for instrumentation updates!

Structural fatigue? Actually I think you'll find that's a deliberate artistic design choice.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimesbusiness/status/1735676353893073269

so Netflix actually won out huh

man the studios are loving bad at doing streaming

Wait does this mean there's a chance Star Trek (TNG & DS9) might be coming back to Netflix?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DancingShade posted:

Structural fatigue? Actually I think you'll find that's a deliberate artistic design choice.

designed obsolesce

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/tony_magoni/status/1746002269814849796

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

designed obsolesce

It's to make sure people buy next year's plane instead of keeping their current one.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I'm sure it can be done but I expect the amount of bureacratic regulation bullshit in place is so onerous that essentially, yes, it can't be done.

I'm imagining a Steam survival game where before you can build a bamboo hut to shelter from the elements on your deserted wasteland island that you must first get planning permission from several different statutory authorities and wait 6-12 months for a surveyor and environmental impact assessment.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

is that not a joke tweet

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

KYM: My Father-In-Law Is A Builder / We Can't, We Don't Know How To Do It

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

DancingShade posted:

I'm sure it can be done but I expect the amount of bureacratic regulation bullshit in place is so onerous that essentially, yes, it can't be done.

I'm imagining a Steam survival game where before you can build a bamboo hut to shelter from the elements on your deserted wasteland island that you must first get planning permission from several different statutory authorities and wait 6-12 months for a surveyor and environmental impact assessment.

Most boondoggles are due to owners with unrealistic expectations (wanting an underground kitchen when the sewer invert is 8 feet), or consultants failing to anticipate future problems.

Whenever my work is held up at the permit level, it's because I goofed. Very rarely there is a problem at the municipal level. If anything, I think code reviewers are a little too permissive, which can lead to future problems with the build.

We can still build retail space. We're in loving america.

Edit: Remembering a funny time a general contractor was getting up my rear end about my drawings not getting past permit, and when I called the city they said the owner didn't pay the permit fee.

ProfessorBooty has issued a correction as of 15:36 on Jan 14, 2024

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ProfessorBooty posted:

Most boondoggles are due to owners with unrealistic expectations (wanting an underground kitchen when the sewer invert is 8 feet), or consultants failing to anticipate future problems.

Whenever my work is held up at the permit level, it's because I goofed. Very rarely there is a problem at the municipal level. If anything, I think code reviewers are a little too permissive, which can lead to future problems with the build.

We can still build retail space. We're in loving america.

we cant build kmarts because nobody wants to work anymore

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Actually paying people to build things is a lost technology.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1746452111666102693?s=20

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dr. Marcus Collins
Contributor
I study culture's impact and influence on behavioral adoption

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

women be sippin

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

What's the deal with those cups? Yeti for libs?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Woke Mind Virus posted:

imagine you as a kid watching OG star trek and lived to 2024 to see a big deal made over loving mugs

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Woke Mind Virus posted:

They come in different colors, and it is more of a zoomer thing.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Maybe Zoomers took the condescending advice to go into the trades

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

The TikTok I saw of someone coating the original cardboard packaging of a Stanley cup in vinyl so they can drink from it without ruining the "target shelf aesthetic" confirmed to me we have less than five years

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Woke Mind Virus posted:

a couple of months ago there was a video of a guy's car that burned down, but he was able to retrieve the Stanley cup that was in the center console cup-holder. Not only was it still intact, the drink inside was still cold. Stanley asked for it, and in return they replaced his car and gave him a new cup

that video went viral, and is considered the start of this craze

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Spaced God posted:

The TikTok I saw of someone coating the original cardboard packaging of a Stanley cup in vinyl so they can drink from it without ruining the "target shelf aesthetic" confirmed to me we have less than five years

Funko Pops and their consequences have been a disaster for all mankind

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Woke Mind Virus posted:

It's a substitute for having a baby

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

women be sippin

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

I just drink from Lord Stanley's Mug. :shrug:

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

ah gently caress how to build a k-mart was in the ancient texts
bro, we hosed up

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
commercial structure is one of the few things left we're good at. if there is money to build it, it creates profit for someone, it will get built

housing on the other hand..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/my-father-in-law-is-a-builder-we-cant-we-dont-know-how-to-do-it