Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mike McCarthy, pack your bags

Nick Sirianni, get that suitcase ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a neat cape posted:

I think firing coaches that get you to the playoffs is really goddamn stupid

They can probably do better than Fat Mike and the Eagles collapsed in a way that should get a coach fired this season. That roster should have been WAYYYY better this season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

They can probably do better than Fat Mike and the Eagles collapsed in a way that should get a coach fired this season. That roster should have been WAYYYY better this season.

I have PTSD from the Chargers firing Marty

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

a neat cape posted:

So you think the Cowboys should keep Mike if they lose?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a neat cape posted:

He lost A LOT of home playoff games man.......

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

a neat cape posted:

I will say if the Chargers had been at the same level of good across like 3 different coaches before Marty that firing would've made more sense. He was the only reason they were even in a position to be losing playoff games.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kirios posted:

So you think the Cowboys should keep Mike if they lose?

Yes?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I wonder what job is more attractive to Bill if the Cowboys and Falcons are both open... It's not all that clear cut. Maybe Jerray just gives him like 30 million a year and makes it a moot point.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I can't see Bill or Harbaugh wanting to work for Jerry

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can see them working there, I can't see them working there for long

And hell, that might still be the most preferable situation in the NFCE right now

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

There is zero chance Mike stays if the Cowboys lose.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

fire fat mike

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kirios posted:

There is zero chance Mike stays if the Cowboys lose.

This I agree with, he's dunzo

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens better win this year because they might not have much of a staff left at this rate

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I’m not sure how you could watch that game and think they should keep him.

I mean, unless you want the Cowboys to be bad forever, which yeah sure, make McCarthy the forever coach.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
We can safely put Fat Mike on Surface of the Sun level right now.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

kidcoelacanth posted:

i agree, but in the case of the NFC east, it's also really funny

:hmmyes:

Relentlessboredomm posted:

this does not apply to the NFC South

:hmmyes:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

a neat cape posted:

I think firing coaches that get you to the playoffs is really goddamn stupid

As a general rule I absolutely agree with you. However, if the Cowboys keep getting embarrassed like this I think an exception can and should be made.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Could Mac be fired at halftime?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Bro

You have to fire McCarthy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Fat Mike's seat level: the floor is lava

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I mean the chatter around Mike/Dallas is that he might be in trouble if they don’t make the conference championship.

This is now the third year in a row of not doing that and they’re taking an absolute shallacking to the 7th seed.

He is not surviving this coaching cycle with the names that are out there. He gone.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Chris James 2 posted:

I can see them working there, I can't see them working there for long

And hell, that might still be the most preferable situation in the NFCE right now

Bill can work with Jerruh just long enough to get the wins record

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Have there been actual seahawks sources on interest in dan quinn? All I've seen is lazy "it makes sense, they have history are familiar" lazy reporting

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If the cowboys make this a game somehow Mccarthy should be safe.

If they keep getting shithoused he's gone

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Tomorrow was going to be a bad one for Jerry either way but at least now he has a reason to call it Black Monday

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Eh I disagree Ches - that was an embarrassing half.

If they lose, regardless of score, he’s gone.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If the cowboys make this a game somehow Mccarthy should be safe.

If they keep getting shithoused he's gone

No, If they lose he's done. You're playing a team you're better than at home in the playoffs. making a game of it doesn't mean poo poo.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

EmbryoSteve posted:

Have there been actual seahawks sources on interest in dan quinn? All I've seen is lazy "it makes sense, they have history are familiar" lazy reporting

They haven’t interviewed anyone yet have they? In which case it makes sense that they’re waiting for someone coaching a playoff team and Quinn is the obvious one.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Michael Shaun-Dugar reported yesterday that they planned to interview Quinn and Mike MacDonald from the Ravens.

Not so sure about DQ right now!!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Kirios posted:

Eh I disagree Ches - that was an embarrassing half.

If they lose, regardless of score, he’s gone.

By make it a game get within 3 with a chance of scoring. At this stage that's not happening. Would be a spectacular feat to pull off

Also lol Dan Quinn sucks to.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

By make it a game get within 3 with a chance of scoring. At this stage that's not happening. Would be a spectacular feat to pull off

Also lol Dan Quinn sucks to.

Yeeeeeah I think he’s gone boss.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dan Quinn is going to Seattle anyway. It makes a lot of sense to just have a whole new staff in Dallas next year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yeah there is the extremely outside shot but realistically he should just go home now

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Pete Carroll welcome back to the sidelines

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

Dan Quinn is going to Seattle anyway. It makes a lot of sense to just have a whole new staff in Dallas next year.

I hope Seattle is dumb enough to do this.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Seattle: homerbush.gif

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Mike McCarthy, where he goin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I hope Seattle is dumb enough to do this.

I think there is an outside chance he could have some success in his second job. He's pretty much a Pete Carroll clone in a lot of ways.