Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

the lincoln project still exists???

It will exist as long as libs convince themselves that there are still a few anti-trump Republicans that can still be won over.

Lmao the escalator was in 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this is bizarre:

"Among groups, just 31 percent of women now approve of Biden’s work in office, a new low (as do 34 percent of men). He won 57 percent of women in 2020."

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

speng31b posted:

it's a fun movie but some people just don't click with horror as a genre.

well I mean if you live in america….

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

this is bizarre:

"Among groups, just 31 percent of women now approve of Biden’s work in office, a new low (as do 34 percent of men). He won 57 percent of women in 2020."

It's probably because he's doing an absolutely abysmal job

e:

Oh, nevermind, stupid people are just wishcasting, got it.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Willa Rogers posted:

this is bizarre:

Maybe this is sexist and it's just speculation but I think there would be a difference among women voters in the myth the media presented in 2020 and today. In 2020 Biden was hidden from public view as much as possible so he was presented to voters as Diamond Joe. The sleeves up take charge corvette driving Badass that takes no poo poo and will turn things around.

Now because they haven't been able to hide him for the last 3 years everyone realizes he is a late stage dementia patient and should be in a care facility so most people just feel bad for him as he dodders around and looks confused.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

speng31b posted:

it's a fun movie but some people just don't click with horror as a genre.

I had a similar thing with The Lighthouse. Went to see it in the local non-profit art theater with a buddy, and even with the kind of audience that goes to indie movies there, we were the only ones who laughed throughout the movie. The Lighthouse is a deeply funny film.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

probably not a good sign that nearly 3/4 of voters think your candidate isn't mentally or physically fit for office but then again i'm not a big brain lanyard wearer.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I mean, biden's doctor could release records that showed biden suffers from advanced dementia & the party line would be "that's why he has wise advisors & harris to help him" without missing a beat.

same for trump (who would also be helped by harris taking a larger role, lol).

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

bloomberg has a good writeup on the willis scandal:

lmao that she's prosecuting trump for corruption while being corrupt in how she's prosecuting trump for corruption.

double lmao if her funneling the funny money to her honey ends up scotching the trial against trump.

quote:

The filing suggested that Willis’s alleged conduct could amount to honest services fraud by a public official.

Mild Honest Services Fraud!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

hereditary is definitely a movie that either clicks or it doesn't. it's just very long build to the finale and the build includes a lot of heavy emotional scenes and few actual scares. if the build doesn't work for you then the final stretch comes off as a joke (i've seen several people say they laughed through the whole thing because of how stupid it was).

it did, however, work for me and it's one of my favorite movies ever. the first time i watched it i was on a plane and i had to watch the final sequence with my hands covering my mouth because i was afraid i was gonna scream.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

is pepsi ok posted:

hereditary is definitely a movie that either clicks or it doesn't. it's just very long build to the finale and the build includes a lot of heavy emotional scenes and few actual scares. if the build doesn't work for you then the final stretch comes off as a joke (i've seen several people say they laughed through the whole thing because of how stupid it was).

it did, however, work for me and it's one of my favorite movies ever. the first time i watched it i was on a plane and i had to watch the final sequence with my hands covering my mouth because i was afraid i was gonna scream.

I saw it in the theater and i thought it was one of the stupidest movies I've ever paid to see.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Gripweed posted:

This sucks so much. There’s no such thing as as a “set of corsets” and women didn’t wear multiple corsets. Wasn’t this supposed to aid in teaching history?

I'm more concerned that he will have sex with your horses if they are not properly secured

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Joe Biden needs to work on appealing to moderate Republicans more so they can consider him for a fraction of a second but then vote for Trump. I think that will help.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I'm more concerned that he will have sex with your horses if they are not properly secured

So that's why Pence went to see Hamilton

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

this is bizarre:

Women are on tiktok where the majority of putin/xi propaganda is focused

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

I had a similar thing with The Lighthouse. Went to see it in the local non-profit art theater with a buddy, and even with the kind of audience that goes to indie movies there, we were the only ones who laughed throughout the movie. The Lighthouse is a deeply funny film.

I haven’t seen the lighthouse but that’s the great thing about the horror genre usually. even when the movie doesn’t click with you it’s enjoyable in a goofy way at that point.

mawarannahr posted:

I saw it in the theater and i thought it was one of the stupidest movies I've ever paid to see.

I can see that during the final act. if you weren’t drawn in then it’s silly goofy at that point

anyone see the 2021 Malignant movie? It isn’t spooky but it’s fun like a haunted house is fun. just goofy bullshit that’s a lot of fund to watch with family or a group of friends.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

if I see ducklo at any local bars, should I ask him for a vial of biden spit? re: my mouth

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nichael posted:

if I see ducklo at any local bars, should I ask him for a vial of biden spit? re: my mouth

tell him to "get embedded, bithc"

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

crazy someone would just say that on the internet

anyway have you all seen Hereditary?

it’s a pretty good spooky film. lots of fun to see with friends.

Corrosive movie, I found myself annoyed the whole time , I know a lot of people like it tho

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Professor Beetus posted:

I too found The Lighthouse comedic

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

RandomBlue posted:

jesus christ he looks like he's barely cognizant of the world around him and like he could keel over at any moment

read this post then watched the video and immediately started cackling

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

malignant and hereditary both own
heriditary is probably my fav horror of the last few years and malignant is one of my fav films of the last few years its just great schlock

from the hereditary guy me and my pals thought midsommar was incredibly dull but liked beau

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Intricko/status/1745821304995889438

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Communist Thoughts posted:

malignant and hereditary both own
heriditary is probably my fav horror of the last few years and malignant is one of my fav films of the last few years its just great schlock

from the hereditary guy me and my pals thought midsommar was incredibly dull but liked beau

Hell yeah Malignant is the best kind of schlock it’s great. I giggled during most of the movie.

I’ve yet to see midsommar.

every time I think to watch it I keep thinking I already did but that was actually cannibal holocaust

Siffl
Sep 3, 2011

I'm not big on the mames (memes, names, Kojomas); is that a "Brick" reference?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lmao I checked the replies to the quoted tweet out of curiosity and the OP locked them and has several really long threads nobody is allowed to respond to

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/USA_Polling/status/1746610365868204146

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

this is a funny way of saying a majority of republicans want to leave nato

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Barack Obama veterans view his 2012 reelection campaign as a master class in political organizing, one that offers key lessons for 2024. And some believe it’s been dangerously ignored by a Joe Biden team that prides itself on its own victory over Donald Trump four years ago.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/14/biden-obama-2024-00135446

https://x.com/politico/status/1746658518650789994?s=20

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

is pepsi ok posted:

probably not a good sign that nearly 3/4 of voters think your candidate isn't mentally or physically fit for office but then again i'm not a big brain lanyard wearer.
the lanyards successfully carried to the finish line a literal brain damaged ogre

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol at thinking they did anything important vs. mitt loving romney

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ArmedZombie posted:

lol at thinking they did anything important vs. mitt loving romney

I'm pretty sure that waiter who leaked the 47% tape did more for the Obama campaign then any volunteer effort did

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news/politics/20121112_In_59_Philadelphia_voting_wards__Mitt_Romney_got_zero_votes.html

It's one thing for a Democratic presidential candidate to dominate a Democratic city like Philadelphia, but check out this head-spinning figure: In 59 voting divisions in the city, Mitt Romney received not one vote. Zero. Zilch.

These are the kind of numbers that send Republicans into paroxysms of voter-fraud angst, but such results may not be so startling after all.

Still, was there not one contrarian voter in those 59 divisions, where unofficial vote tallies have President Obama outscoring Romney by a combined 19,605 to 0?

The unanimous support for Obama in these Philadelphia neighborhoods - clustered in almost exclusively black sections of West and North Philadelphia - fertilizes fears of fraud, despite little hard evidence.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/StrategicTrends/status/1746086949964644710

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1746542289386639569?s=20
https://x.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1746542477568327942?s=20