Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Burgmentum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

TulliusCicero posted:

He sounds loving awful

Like holy poo poo he's not going to make it to Summer at this rate

I’m willing to bet he caught some sort of flu and is being held together by drugs and duct tape at this point. It’s why Melania isn’t around, she doesn’t want to be near him when he croaks and blasts poo poo from rear end on the floor.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

TulliusCicero posted:

He sounds loving awful

That would be a real shame wouldn't it

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

“I want to delay a week for a funeral.”
“Nope. You don’t have to be here, so you can go to the funeral or whatever, doesn’t matter.”
“THE JUDGE WON’T LET ME ATTEND THE FUNERAL!!!”

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
"they raded mi hoem"
"why?"
"they raded my hoem, they sick ppl SAD"

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

TulliusCicero posted:

He sounds loving awful

Careful, nightcrew will come and tell you you're wrong if you disparage trump like that.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Stoatbringer posted:

“I want to delay a week for a funeral.”
“Nope. You don’t have to be here, so you can go to the funeral or whatever, doesn’t matter.”
“THE JUDGE WON’T LET ME ATTEND THE FUNERAL!!!”

He will somehow still be complaining that he wants to delay his own funeral repeated times from beyond the grave after he passes away.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

staberind posted:

"they raded mi hoem"
"why?"
"they raded my hoem, they sick ppl SAD"

4th amendment says you can't raid a home

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
There’s a form of secondary narcissism I’ve noticed in evangelicals and trump supporters. They see themselves as the supporter of a deity who is so comically important, powerful and wise that anything not done in the name of the deity is either pointless or evil. It just so happens that everything this supporter does is in service of the deity and thus inherits that importance. Trump’s failings don’t simply cause secondhand embarrassment of believing a con artist, it threatens to destroy the basis of the supporter being important.

An individual can fail and have to reckon with that. A distant figure is much easier to contextualize as unfairly persecuted and free of sin.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah you've just described a cult

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Blind Duke posted:

There’s a form of secondary narcissism I’ve noticed in evangelicals and trump supporters. They see themselves as the supporter of a deity who is so comically important, powerful and wise that anything not done in the name of the deity is either pointless or evil. It just so happens that everything this supporter does is in service of the deity and thus inherits that importance. Trump’s failings don’t simply cause secondhand embarrassment of believing a con artist, it threatens to destroy the basis of the supporter being important.

An individual can fail and have to reckon with that. A distant figure is much easier to contextualize as unfairly persecuted and free of sin.

It's so wierd that God always agrees with them

Sure it's just coincidence!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Blind Duke posted:

MOST Trump supporters identify as christian. It's kind of freaky to me that they're so invested in the cult of Trump now that what he says or does supersedes their own holy book and the God within it because it contradicts Trump's words and actions. That's actually scary to me that so many people are that easily manipulated. And that holy book says "“You shall have no other gods before me." but, like I said, TRUMP! now holds more power over them than God. e: You're no longer "christian" to them if you don't support Trump. "christian" means supporting Trump.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 14, 2024

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Ringo Star Get posted:

I’m willing to bet he caught some sort of flu and is being held together by drugs and duct tape at this point. It’s why Melania isn’t around, she doesn’t want to be near him when he croaks and blasts poo poo from rear end on the floor.

She's gone to pick up Barron from band practice

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

It's so wierd that God always agrees with them

Sure it's just coincidence!

Of course God agrees with them. God calls them on the phone all the time.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Blind Duke posted:

It's called a "cult of personality". They only end in one way; death. Either they commit mass suicide or they attack and hurt others.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah you've just described a cult

whats even wackier is, yeah, its a cult, of personality, whatever, but what cements it as being a problem is they ascribe exactly the same thinking to everyone, and *Know* that people who rationally think "Oh, Biden, well, "least worst" I guess, heh", are actually "omegacucks who feed biden their firstborn" or something equally insane, and that pardons whatever they do. thats why they are so dangerously out of touch with reality, that's also not helped by the far right echochamber they are plugged into 24/7.
The biggest issue is, there is no "safe middle ground". its completely polarised.

staberind fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 14, 2024

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

isnt Tuck in the Swanson tv dinner family and therefore megafoodcorp money rich?

why cant he have a normal desk and a home studio like his old fox one?

His stepmom was an heiress but her family sold the brand to Campbells in 1955 and then the men in her family refused to give her her inheritance until she went to federal court and received a settlement. No one knows how much she actually got out of it.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

why did you put Trump hair on Ted Cruz?

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Catastrophe posted:

MOST Trump supporters identify as christian. It's kind of freaky to me that they're so invested in the cult of Trump now that what he says or does supersedes their own holy book and the God within it because it contradicts Trump's words and actions. That's actually scary to me that so many people are that easily manipulated. And that holy book says "“You shall have no other gods before me." but, like I said, TRUMP! now holds more power over them than God. e: You're no longer "christian" to them if you don't support Trump. "christian" means supporting Trump.

It’s almost as if they never believed in Jesus or anything in the Bible in the first place.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ralph Hurley posted:

It’s almost as if they never believed in Jesus or anything in the Bible in the first place.

It's this^

They just hated LGBTQ and Brown people, oh yeah women too

That's pretty much it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

just lmao

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

kazil posted:

just lmao

Sign #1: thick, meaty ropes

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Sign #1: thick, meaty ropes

...of some stuff you can squeeze out of a tube.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

kazil posted:

just lmao

It could be mayo but I bet it's moisturiser.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

kazil posted:

just lmao

Is this finally a picture of the legendary trump brain worms we’ve been talking about?

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I guess Biden is currently polling even worse now for some reason, but it doesn't make any sense. What exactly do Americans want? I guess I don't understand their thought process when in comes to politics.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

John Yossarian posted:

I guess Biden is currently polling even worse now for some reason, but it doesn't make any sense. What exactly do Americans want? I guess I don't understand their thought process when in comes to politics.

Stop trusting polls.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

John Yossarian posted:

I don't understand their thought process when in comes to politics.

the simplest explanation:

MY TEAM IS BEST TEAM AMERICA gently caress YEAH

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

John Yossarian posted:

Has he considered doing popular things and not doing unpopular things?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

A ton of people think it's gonna be Biden versus Generic Republican™ and not a rematch against Trump. There's a lot of evidence that once the lines actually solidify and reality sets in the swing in the polling as the actual day of reckoning gets closer will be more realistic.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kw0134 posted:

A ton of people think it's gonna be Biden versus Generic Republican™ and not a rematch against Trump. There's a lot of evidence that once the lines actually solidify and reality sets in the swing in the polling as the actual day of reckoning gets closer will be more realistic.

thats my view too. i think the left and political grognards genuinly dont get is that shits not real to people until it happens. Roe was that and this will be that too.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Polls have been wrong about the last three big elections, weren't they? Didn't Democrats handily walk away with tons of victories they weren't supposed to?

They should probably start polling people who don't have landlines, yeah?

Might just be cope.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

LividLiquid posted:

Polls have been wrong about the last three big elections, weren't they? Didn't Democrats handily walk away with tons of victories they weren't supposed to?

Might just be cope.

People without landlines generally don’t answer calls from numbers they don’t recognize. At this point polling is hosed since it has to be opt in and no one cares but olds.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

John Yossarian posted:

None of the polls have been right about anything political since 2016. Uh oh, Republicans are poised for a huge red wave. They lose, badly. Uh oh, more bad news for Democrats! They win in deep red states. It's all a horse race for the pollsters, and none of them are legitimate. Only look at current actual elections as the trend and where it might be on election day. If the news simply stated Biden and Democrats are locked in with no way Republicans to win any house, then no one would be watching. Someone quoting Hitler every night is the primary candidate in 2024. There is no horse race. Period.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It could be mayo but I bet it's moisturiser.

gonna go with a travel tube of sunscreen

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've given up worrying about polls, or any of it really. If we're dumb enough to re-elect Trump, we deserve whatever we get.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It's gonna be interesting if Trump DOES actually run, he's stabbed everything he can in the back and committed a whole buncha treason, and losing case after case. If he gets re-elected, he's not going to be very good at what he does.

LividLiquid posted:

Might just be cope.

Yeah, that's been the thing, there's no real point in Dooming; everything in the whole complex system has been punched around so much that it's in a state of irresistible-force flux.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Most people who still have landline phones these days are old people, many of whom have had "answer the phone when it rings" drummed into their heads over decades, so they'll usually pick it up regardless of who's on the other end of the call.

The people who use a mobile phone instead of a landline tend to be more likely to screen their calls, and will typically let unknown callers go straight to voicemail; as a result, it's harder to poll younger/more tech-savvy people and get accurate results.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Waffle House posted:

Yeah, that's been the thing, there's no real point in Dooming; everything in the whole complex system has been punched around so much that it's in a state of irresistible-force flux.
Trump should be at 0% after everything that's happened. That he's not is extremely concerning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

kazil posted:

just lmao

It squirts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the vid again