Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gripweed posted:

Mill of the Stone Women isn't bad. It's the second best movie about someone keeping a family member alive by draining someone else's blood into them through a fancy infusion machine the operation of which the camera lingers on in the past 30 days.

It's also the second best movie about an artist making art by coating corpses in stuff and posing them like dead people I've seen in the past 90 days.

I liked this one ok but by far my favorite thing about it was the opening and closing shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Thanksgiving is actually alright so far which is very surprising.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

New RuckingFotten came in :hellyeah:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Opopanax posted:

New RuckingFotten came in :hellyeah:

Nice.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah alright Thanksgiving is actually pretty good. A good entry into the "Horror movies based on a Holiday"

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 13, 2024

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

He's a villain monologuing, the ending fits the character. It's also full of lies and half truths that are contradicted by how we see him behave when alone at basically any time in the movie. It's showing how hard he's bought into the character he's built when we know that it's bullshit.

The whole thing is a satire of British boarding school stories and quaint BBC light dramas, the kind Fennel herself acted in. The substance is "what if we dropped a Patrick Bateman into a story like that?" There's a reason everyone's reading Harry Potter beyond just setting the date and the first friend he makes is a grotesque Ron Weasley, it's a joke about how gross Quiet Nice Guys are and she's not wrong.

It's fine to not like it or not think it's funny at all but there's plenty of substance.

I"m going to have to disagree.He's basically monologuing to himself and I think it's supposed to be a floor dropping away twist, and not a moment where we believe him to be lying. I dunno. I'm not big on bbc light dramas so maybe I'm missing something.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hollismason posted:

Yeah alright Thanksgiving is actually pretty good. A good entry into the "Horror movies based on a Holiday"

All it needed was a kill with someone being locked in an oven and it had that, so yup, it's at least worth watching.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

All it needed was a kill with someone being locked in an oven and it had that, so yup, it's at least worth watching.

Yea that was real good.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

He's a villain monologuing, the ending fits the character. It's also full of lies and half truths that are contradicted by how we see him behave when alone at basically any time in the movie. It's showing how hard he's bought into the character he's built when we know that it's bullshit.

The whole thing is a satire of British boarding school stories and quaint BBC light dramas, the kind Fennel herself acted in. The substance is "what if we dropped a Patrick Bateman into a story like that?" There's a reason everyone's reading Harry Potter beyond just setting the date and the first friend he makes is a grotesque Ron Weasley, it's a joke about how gross Quiet Nice Guys are and she's not wrong.

It's fine to not like it or not think it's funny at all but there's plenty of substance.

One thing I've noticed from years of reading similar takes is that when someone says something is really obvious and they shouldn't have bothered, they don't really seem to be able to articulate what's so obvious.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Hollismason posted:

seconding Night Feeder it's goopy like a Cohen but trashy like a Ferrara and incompetent like a Breen all in one movie

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

seconding Night Feeder it's goopy like a Cohen but trashy like a Ferrara and incompetent like a Breen all in one movie

The cat calling seen is so funny

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lmao

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

:perfect:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

8213: Gacy House is hilarious, way too ridiculous to be properly exploitative. Makes some of those Amityville movies look tasteful.

Well, it's not like anyone would accuse Gacy's house of being tasteful.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

gently caress :lmao:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

The cat calling seen is so funny

That is like the #1 thing I think of when I say it has Neil Breen energy... like, the idea of two women having a conversation on the street while some construction workers catcall them... that's 100% fine, you can definitely do that. But what you can't do, is mix the sound so both conversations (the hooting construction workers and the two women meeting on the street) are both happening, simultaneously, at max volume, despite cutting between close-up shots of each.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Incredible.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

:five:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hrmmm

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mia-goth-sued-kicked-an-extra_n_65a4078ee4b06444b2232cdc

Mia Goth apparently may have kicked a guy in the head , given him a concussion, and then had him fired.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Well ain't that a kick in the head.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Look, her name is Mia Goth she is obviously going to be at least a little bit evil.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean IF Mia Goth kicked an extra in the head with a boot then holy poo poo gently caress her.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Look, if you want crazy, Avant garde actors, that's what you're going to get. (there's definitely some holes in this story but I don't want to victim blame)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Flying Zamboni posted:

Look, her name is Mia Goth she is obviously going to be at least a little bit evil.

Look it's not like she's married to some kind of violent psychopath or something.

Anyway let me just take a big drink of this water here and check her Wikipedia page...

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Meh, wake me up when she moves past five on the Kinski Scale.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I dislike Mia Goth's acting a lot so this is great news for all the haters out there

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Pearl was a warning

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

Hrmmm

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mia-goth-sued-kicked-an-extra_n_65a4078ee4b06444b2232cdc

Mia Goth apparently may have kicked a guy in the head , given him a concussion, and then had him fired.

This story is a bit fishy because where was the set medical person or anyone else.

It could be true I guess but I read it a few days ago and Mia goth coming back for the final blow with insults in the toilet is just odd.

Reddit says it’s a union shoot, I ain’t looking that up so I’ll trust multiple people saying they called lol. So they got people who could deal with this.

I don’t buy it unless I get more info. Just sounds like this guy had a bad time as a bloody extra, got kicked in the head and then got mad.

Open to be wrong tbh

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CelticPredator posted:

This story is a bit fishy because where was the set medical person or anyone else.

It could be true I guess but I read it a few days ago and Mia goth coming back for the final blow with insults in the toilet is just odd.

Reddit says it’s a union shoot, I ain’t looking that up so I’ll trust multiple people saying they called lol. So they got people who could deal with this.

I don’t buy it unless I get more info. Just sounds like this guy had a bad time as a bloody extra, got kicked in the head and then got mad.

Open to be wrong tbh

SAG union doesn't stop shady poo poo from happening on the set. Unions in general don't prevent people from being pressured to avoid reporting. They're simply organized groups that can bring litigation against an outside entity on behalf of the members of the union, not a magical forcefield to prevent bad things from happening.

In acting you'll get your career ended if you make noise on a set, regardless of SAG. Considering that this is an A24 joint I can totally see someone shutting up about a concussion to continue work just as likely as nothing happening at all.

The better thing to do is to not make judgements without all the information, regardless if you like or dislike Mia Goth.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m gonna make judgments because it sounds weird.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I didn't even realize Huffington Post still existed

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
infinity pool was a documentary

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CelticPredator posted:

I’m gonna make judgments because it sounds weird.

I agree with you it seems bullshit but I'll still wait since I've been burned countless times on the internet assuming something is true without the information

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I mean, it's gotta be on film if she kicked him or not. They were.. filming.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i'm not sure about getting kicked in the head, but there's definitely part of me that finds Mia Goth storming into my bathroom to verbally berate me some kind of turnon

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

alf_pogs posted:

i'm not sure about getting kicked in the head, but there's definitely part of me that finds Mia Goth storming into my bathroom to verbally berate me some kind of turnon

Have you heard her real speaking voice though? It'd be like being accosted by the ghost of a Victorian orphan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGF_TmfuDq0

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

like being yelled at by varuca salt lmfao

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
David O' Russel just got another directing gig. You can kick whoever you want!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

now that guy is a real cock.

we have proof of him calling lilly tomlin the c word. what a stupid btich, i'm glad he got punched by clooney