Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

some pig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

evilmiera posted:

Cyclical violence and their narratives have been around for a bit longer than liberalism or modern colonialism, and far as I know have held staying power and been very evocative for a while.

The Last Of Us 2 though, uuuh, probably won't be.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying they created them, I'm saying they like them because it reinforces their world view and vilifies people striking back against their opressors.

Tankbuster posted:

I love videogames that are just TV shows, made for journalists who are busy looking for the Citizen Kane of gaming.

The guys who made the Alan Wake and Max Payne games are alright

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

I know this is 6 pages ago (drat this thread moves fast) but I just wanted to point out that in the past 10 years there's been a Yiddish resurgence, thanks in part to a fantastic musician named Daniel Kahn who's taken old 100+ year old Yiddish songs (quite a number of them antizionist) and modernized them:
https://youtu.be/tQMRwk8WDd4?si=UwVDE-XdZpixXINJ

There's even a Yidstock

Hell yeah. :unsmith:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lmao

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

mawarannahr posted:

I'll post the list... it's not impossible that some of your faves are implicated but follow the facts and let the chips fall.

I always could tell Chris Rock was a zionist kiss rear end, and most of these I kinda knew about. Disappointed about Jon Hamm and Bob Odenkirk but meh whatever.
Most of these people are fairly generic and easily recyclable, but I'm happy seeing some of my favorites aren't on that list and knowing they're not easily brainwashed kiss asses. Seeing Brian Cox read If I Must Die made me weep, I love the actor and hearing him read Refaat Alareer was a double gut punch.

MadSparkle has issued a correction as of 23:24 on Jan 14, 2024

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
i just hope my favorite celebrities (angela davis, abdullah ocalan) agree with me about this topic

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The zionist brainwashing in the western world is very strong, and msot celebs are not very smart.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

god, on the one hand snyder has terrible political opinions, but how can you balance that out against art like rebel moon or that zombie iraq film with the smeary lense?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

The same rot of the soul within cops also pervades zionism. I gotta sit with this a while I guess and figure it out. I think there's a new, weirder thing that is similar to but distinct from fascism that has arisen in the 21st century as a function of mature capitalism increasingly turning inward. Cops have it, zionists have it. Copbrain. Deathspiralism. I don't know. Much 2 marinate on.

this posters got you covered

VoicesCanBe posted:

Soy imperialism.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my...my faves....

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

The same rot of the soul within cops also pervades zionism. I gotta sit with this a while I guess and figure it out. I think there's a new, weirder thing that is similar to but distinct from fascism that has arisen in the 21st century as a function of mature capitalism increasingly turning inward. Cops have it, zionists have it. Copbrain. Deathspiralism. I don't know. Much 2 marinate on.

Classic Fascism was constructed as a perversion of Communism, so I think even though Nazis explicitly denied Communism, it still existed if only as a reflection or echo.

Modern Fascism has thoroughly ionized and suppressed mass left wing politics for several generations now, so it's not surprising that those echoes would be much more faint.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Clip-On Fedora posted:

The guys who made the Alan Wake and Max Payne games are alright

haven't heard anything specific about them, but they're finns so the odds aren't in their favor.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

MonsieurChoc posted:

The zionist brainwashing in the western world is very strong, and msot celebs are not very smart.

They're either stupid or terrified, or a combination of both since their careers are so precarious in general due to them knowing how disposable they are

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

These loving comments. Some of the most vile people on Earth, without a doubt.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

augh

I think this kind of feeds in to a critique I have of the usage of "fascism" in the modern era. I think that the fascists of the 20th century were able to produce legitimate art and I think it's because that, however disfigured and horrible it was, the fascists, through mass politics, had a conception of their own "new man" in the same way that the communists had a vision of a future humanity fully and finally united under communism. Theirs was built on blood, occultism, and psychotic racial hierarchy, but it was still enough to let them produce things with artistic merit, although only a wan shadow of what the Soviets produced during the same time period

I think you're right in that it lies in extreme individualism and an overwhelming sense of "my actions are correct because it's me doing them", but also I think it has a lot to do with the feelings of racial superiority and the capacity for unchallenged, untrammeled violence coupled with an anxiety that everyone else hates you and is trying to kill you. The exact same mindset you get with American cops (who don't have an articulable mass politics), who I think also could not produce anything of any artistic merit (though I doubt any of them ever really try)

it was present previously. aside from the obvious examples of actual state violence, you could see it clearly in attitudes in 80s movies and whatnot. i think the more recent overt viciousness, inhumanity, and wider spread of who is "othered" is probably mostly from the war on terror, the classic returning of frontier violence to the metropole.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

MadSparkle posted:

They're either stupid or terrified, or a combination of both since their careers are so precarious in general due to them knowing how disposable they are

Pretty much. In Hollywood you have two choices:

1. Be a Zionist
2. Get blacklisted and never work in the industry again.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
I've also considered that since the dawn of social media we've just had a louder, dumber, and trashier version of the exact same culture we've always had

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

hubris.height posted:

this posters got you covered

100% but I don't know if the soyness prohibits creation of art. Maybe it does, though? Maybe art and the artistic impulse dissolves and everything becomes Content. That would explain pretty much every film you could consider soy imperialism.

PhilippAchtel posted:

Classic Fascism was constructed as a perversion of Communism, so I think even though Nazis explicitly denied Communism, it still existed if only as a reflection or echo.

Modern Fascism has thoroughly ionized and suppressed mass left wing politics for several generations now, so it's not surprising that those echoes would be much more faint.

I think if modern fascism is going to reflect anything it's reflecting (what passes for) modern communism, and maybe that's what we're seeing. The ersatz art the modern fascists are able to produce is an echo of the art produced by the liberal consensus, just much worse, in the same way that as soon as the liberals started talking in psychologized and academic leftist terms the conservatives started doing it as well. They echo their own identity politics, they just don't realize and don't acknowledge that's what they're doing.

man, maybe this IS it -- the 20th century fascists echoed the communists they despised, but the 21st century fascists can only echo the resistance libs they hate.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

it was present previously. aside from the obvious examples of actual state violence, you could see it clearly in attitudes in 80s movies and whatnot. i think the more recent overt viciousness, inhumanity, and wider spread of who is "othered" is probably mostly from the war on terror, the classic returning of frontier violence to the metropole.

I think the war on terror is probably the tipping point, yeah. Maybe 2008 at worst (best?). Prior to that you could still get good conservative art. the 80s movies all had really awful conservative hearts but they still kicked rear end. Now the conservatives can't make something good or funny to save their lives. Maybe guys like Eastwood who live in a prior era do have decent works in the 21st century, but your bens shapiro and black rifle coffee guys are as completely hollow as the israelis. Maybe this is what happens to people when they're completely ideologically dissolved? They know in their heart of hearts that things aren't going to get better, that they don't have the juice and never will, and it's just a matter of time before they get what's coming to them, but they can't actually hold this thought in their brain so it festers in the subconscious and turns everything they touch into dogshit

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Frosted Flake posted:

lol it’s very funny that NAFO went from loving plucky underdogs etc etc to mask off support of US order being imposed at the barrel of a gun, without skipping a beat

Fascists lie.

All their elaborate justifications. The whole rules based international order, the NGOs, human rights, national and international institutions, all that horseshit is just lies.

It's kinda difficult to fully get your head around it when you grow up completely immersed in this poo poo. Like I can sit here and say it's all bullshit lies but when I go out into the actual world everything I read and everyone I meet is going to be absolutely convinced that at least the vast majority of it is true and very serious. There's no way to engage with the world based on the realization that it's all lies.

Edit:
Actually I wanna go further on this. Like you must realize by now for example that NATO doctrine is utter horseshit that likely wouldn't (have) work(ed) in a peer conventional conflict against Soviets/Russians/North Koreans let alone the Chinese even if the West had decent material output, which lol and lmao

And you've figured that out by carefully observing reality, reading a shitton of books and chewing on all this, hilariously enough for a good part in an internet comedy forum but whelp there's literally nowhere else where you can. Technically doing what you're supposed to do. But you can't breathe a word of any of this where anyone of even the slightest import might hear. Literally we're not supposed to use our brains, just regurgitate the same bullshit groupthink or face (potentially severe) consequences. And I don't think you can argue it's cus we're just plebs or cogs in the machine or whatever. I don't think anyone at any level in the machine is allowed to use their brain and have any original thoughts at all that deviate from the important mandatory conclusions. I'm sure it's that cybernetic capitalism at work again but goddamn it's quite a thing how fundamentally anti-human it all is.

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 00:11 on Jan 15, 2024

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is the exact same thing that Trump would do. Pop off a few rounds as a show of force but not actually accomplish anything, and it worked like a charm. They called Trump "presidential" for the FIRST TIME because he bombed Shayrat air base with 59 tomahawks. That was enough to get Brian Williams to say " we are guided by the beauty of our weapons," yet hours later they were running missions out of the same air base.

Don't forget that we now know that's at least half a years worth of tomahawk production lmao

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

man, maybe this IS it -- the 20th century fascists echoed the communists they despised, but the 21st century fascists can only echo the resistance libs they hate.

Terrifying and likely true.

As to movies, half of the movies produced in the Third Reich were comedies and about a quarter were melodrama. With the tone becoming increasingly lighthearted as they lost the war and the state collapsed. Criticism was banned and replaced with content essays and examinations of the works racial and ideological importance. Nazism was always soy, the Germans just had an actual culture to base it in vs America.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Puppy Burner posted:

Terrifying and likely true.

As to movies, half of the movies produced in the Third Reich were comedies and about a quarter were melodrama. With the tone becoming increasingly lighthearted as they lost the war and the state collapsed. Criticism was banned and replaced with content essays and examinations of the works racial and ideological importance. Nazism was always soy, the Germans just had an actual culture to base it in vs America.

so the dogshit state of TV is actually a hopeful sign

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

My favorite celebrities are Abu Ubeida, Hassan Nasrallah, and Yahya Sarea.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Hideo Kojima, please do not sign any list!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Puppy Burner posted:

Criticism was banned and replaced with content essays and examinations of the works racial and ideological importance.

this could describe 99.9% of the content produced by westerners on youtube. a dark lmao

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Karach posted:

Jacobin has some good people writing for them, like Yves Engler and Luke Savage.

April 2023 – Peace talks between Saudi and Yemen government officials, mediated by Oman, resume.

January 2024 – The United States, by their own assertion responding to the threat to Israeli shipping posed by AA forces in the Red Sea, launches a bombing campaign in Yemen, along with several NATO partners.

Also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDbHaclNh6s

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Orange Devil posted:

And you've figured that out by carefully observing reality, reading a shitton of books and chewing on all this, hilariously enough for a good part in an internet comedy forum but whelp there's literally nowhere else where you can. Technically doing what you're supposed to do. But you can't breathe a word of any of this where anyone of even the slightest import might hear. Literally we're not supposed to use our brains, just regurgitate the same bullshit groupthink or face (potentially severe) consequences. And I don't think you can argue it's cus we're just plebs or cogs in the machine or whatever. I don't think anyone at any level in the machine is allowed to use their brain and have any original thoughts at all that deviate from the important mandatory conclusions. I'm sure it's that cybernetic capitalism at work again but goddamn it's quite a thing how fundamentally anti-human it all is.

if we go by mirowski, only the deified market is capable or responsible enough to make decisions, everyone and everything else is just in reactive service to that.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

this could describe 99.9% of the content produced by westerners on youtube. a dark lmao

Let people enjoy things!

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

no wonder why contemporary reactionary art is trash, it's already an echo of really existing fascist trash

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://en.royanews.tv/news/48360/30,000%20%E2%80%9CIsraeli%20soldiers%E2%80%9D%20expected%20to%20become%20disabled%20from%20Gaza%20battles

quote:

Hebrew news outlet "Walla!" revealed that 4,000 soldiers of the Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) have been classified as “disabled” since the beginning of the aggression on the Gaza Strip - with estimations that this number could rise to over 30,000.

The report stated that ”Operation Aqsa Typhoon” carried out by Hamas on Oct. 7, 2023 pushed the Israeli Occupation “into a war that it had not previously experienced in terms of the number of soldier injuries, but more importantly, the injuries are extremely severe.”

It added that the IOF does not disclose all the data on the wounded, for fears that it would “lower morale.”

Currently, approximately 4,000 soldiers are recognized as having disabilities according to “classification 3.”

"I have been in the organization for 30 years, and I have never encountered such a large number of severely wounded individuals. There are many wounded with amputated limbs, blindness, or paralysis,” said the chairman of the IOF organization for the disabled, Idan Kaliman.

"Many wounded who have had their limbs amputated, as well as those who were blinded and paralyzed," he added.

30,000 is the biggest estimate I've seen yet. I assume these "disabilities" also cover mental disorders.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

If it covers mental disorders, that would cover all IOF personnel OP.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Zionism is itself a mental disorder, Pener Kropoopkin.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Dancer posted:

This might not be recent enough, but might be of interest

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1736550356132180228

incredibly informative history of Yemen, I hope the thread is updated further

still processing that yet again a major war/geopolitical conflict is rooted in britspawn demanding that all communism be purged and just absolutely savaging humanity through compradors and quislings so that the wealthy stay wealthy; truly no war but class war and it never stops, as if communism is humanity's white blood cells. just hearing about what happened in Yemen in 2014-2015 is insane.

also lol that the Houthi slogan was literally a response to the west's response to 9/11 and united huge parts of the country. american leadership super smrt as always

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

“annihilated”

Yemen: Achieved strategic objective for a pittance
Doggo: Blew half a billion on missiles to win on twitter

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tempora Mutantur posted:

incredibly informative history of Yemen, I hope the thread is updated further

I doubt he's gonna update it again since recent history is very sensitive for the region, and he's clearly working himself up thinking about the factions that sided with Saudi & UAE. I don't think he wants to step on anybody's toes at a time like this.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

"Walla!" as in "voilà"?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/IbnRiad/status/1746532885807386943

wild that hezbollah can just do some solid snaking up to an important radar site like that

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Pretty much. In Hollywood you have two choices:

1. Be a Zionist
2. Get blacklisted and never work in the industry again.

don't forget
1a. Let harvey weinstein have sex with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/IbnRiad/status/1746532885807386943

wild that hezbollah can just do some solid snaking up to an important radar site like that

It's 8km from the border so they used long range ATGMs.