Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Polls work by phoning up a bunch of weirdos to ask them questions, then scaling the results of that effort based on vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL
:sickos:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

mobby_6kl posted:

Trump should be at 0% after everything that's happened. That he's not is extremely concerning.

Osama Bin Laden successfully Inception'ed fascism into the brains of like 40% of America

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If only there was a widely-available drug that could rid you of parasites.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Its roughly as accurate as reading tea-leaves, but costs a bunch more, so they are no doubt, going to keep trying until they hit the "Just right" series of numbers to plug into the bullshit equasion.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

The only polls you should worry about are bullshit ones you make yourself and pack into a nice looking PowerPoint and then post on Twitter to get hoovered up by right wing media outfits because it's not like they're gonna fact check anything. Fill the methodology summary with "ipsum lorem" with an ASCII goatse in the middle and laugh as it goes unnoticed.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Just a heads up but not every poll is landline only

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

5er posted:

Not Dennis too now! Sheesh.

I came to a realization recently that successful Hollywood actors are especially vulnerable to weirdo propaganda because they haven’t had to live or exist in the real world in decades so they’re free to invent their own. That’s how we ended up with vagina candles and Rob Schneider.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Philthy posted:

Why two months? Do they think they'll somehow grow a useful majority by then?

The cynic in me says they want to cause a shutdown but want it to occur as close to the election as possible.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

There are absolutely ways to poll with statistically meaningful results, and it's possible that even now the polls broadly reflects current beliefs. It's that we have to both consider whether the polls are statistically rigorous, and whether those current beliefs will actually look like what happens 11 months from now when people go physically pull the levers.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Frank Frank posted:

I came to a realization recently that successful Hollywood actors are especially vulnerable to weirdo propaganda because they haven’t had to live or exist in the real world in decades so they’re free to invent their own. That’s how we ended up with vagina candles and Rob Schneider.

:what: Living on welfare from Adam Sandler counts as success?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

The cynic in me says they want to cause a shutdown but want it to occur as close to the election as possible.

as close to Nov E day so its fresh in everyone's mind that Team R did it?!?

or are they stupid enough to thing the Fed. gov. shutting down shuts down elections?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

Not sure how much the HolIywood bubble had to do with Schneider. Feel like Rob Schneiders annoying rear end in a top hat shtick was probably just never not an act.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Fabulousity posted:

That was the joke. Rob Schneider is Adam Sandler’s fault the way vagina candles are Gwynneth Paltrow’s

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

PhazonLink posted:

as close to Nov E day so its fresh in everyone's mind that Team R did it?!?

or are they stupid enough to thing the Fed. gov. shutting down shuts down elections?

They will blame Biden for the negative consequences like they do literally everything else.

Fabulousity posted:

You can DO it!

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

kazil posted:

just lmao

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 15, 2024

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

:argh: HAAAAAAAARP!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Why doesn’t MTG simply order the Jewish Space Lasers to take out the HAARP antennae?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Stoatbringer posted:

Why doesn’t MTG simply order the Jewish Space Lasers to take out the HAARP antennae?

Since when can a thawed out caveman boss the Intergalactic Jewry about?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

mobby_6kl posted:

Trump should be at 0% after everything that's happened. That he's not is extremely concerning.

Jeb Bush remains a more viable Presidential candidate than Trump IMO

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lmao I thought he attached the photo as part of his tweet at first

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Waffle House posted:

Jeb Bush remains a more viable Presidential candidate than Trump IMO

"Jeb knew the right way to subvert the will of the people back in 2000"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Escape From Noise posted:

Just a couple of real tough SOBs talkin' about real life tough guy Donald J. Trump!

Nah, this I can understand.

"All of these people, in fact everyone I meet and talk to and see on the TV keep saying all these mean things about Trump(tm), but he keeps on going and fighting, and struggling etc. Wheras a less tough man would give up. That's why he is so great."

It's stupid, wrong, and provably untrue. But I can understand the sentiment.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

it's spelled JEB!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Got a good feeling about this. I've been asking around, seems JEB! has three votes locked for sure -i'd say four but really not sure which way Bush Jr will swing, hard to read- how many more votes does he need to win the election?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

this loser sure spends a lot of time whining about poo poo
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1746690209742246368

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1746691133487349957

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1746695321327939848

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1746695904705294385

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Frank Frank posted:

It was really hosed up when Mike Lindell showed up in-character as Paul Bearer in the middle of the service

lmao

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

that stupid orange gently caress is gonna be whining about voting machines until the day he finally dies

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

It kinda rules that trungo hasn't, to my knowledge, elaborated on any campaign promises, hopes for the future, or policies or anything. Every rally has just been vowing to punish anyone who's ever wronged him, or complaining about poo poo that doesn't exist, like needing an ID to go to the grocery store. Seriously, what the gently caress is he talking about?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Shishkahuben posted:

It kinda rules that trungo hasn't, to my knowledge, elaborated on any campaign promises, hopes for the future, or policies or anything. Every rally has just been vowing to punish anyone who's ever wronged him, or complaining about poo poo that doesn't exist, like needing an ID to go to the grocery store. Seriously, what the gently caress is he talking about?

Donny Two Scoops' Platform is the following:

1. Build a wall
2. Drill drill drill
3. Revenge

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Karma Comedian posted:

Donny Two Scoops' Platform is the following:

1. Build a wall
2. Drill drill drill
3. Revenge

First two are day one when he's a dictator.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Shishkahuben posted:

His campaign is literally “make America great” which he had 4 years to do and did such a poo poo job that he lost the re-election he should’ve handily won. He hosed up the tax code, killed a million-plus people by denying COVID was real, and he made a disastrous impact on the US’s power projection around the world that resulted in the Russian invasion of Ukraine because Putin knew what a cowardly dumb bitch he was.

Trump is turds from a butt!!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

If I'm erected president, I promise that I, your favorite poster (me!), will be mean to anyone who was ever mean to me!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Can you believe this rigged political witch hunt against me? Anyways, when I get into office and come into power I'm going to arrest my political rivals.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
My god... it's... beautiful!

I think I shed a little tear.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

and i thought For gelato (I will) Blow (you) had a sex trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1746708664843386887