Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

But now I'm scared that the Packers are going to do this to the 49ers. They're the quintessential "Getting hot at the exactly right time" team right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Benne posted:

I assume it's Sunday so the Packers won't have to be on short rest

It's on Saturday. Winner of Mondays game has to have 6 days rest which forces that winner to Sunday.

E: unless, of course, the NFL wants to completely F the monday winner with 5 days rest.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Canned Sunshine posted:

But now I'm scared that the Packers are going to do this to the 49ers. They're the quintessential "Getting hot at the exactly right time" team right now.

This is coward talk. Don't do coward talk.

gently caress the Packers.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, niners are much better than Dallas on offense and slightly better on defense. Dallas inflated their stats beating up on bad teams. The game next week is hard to call because GB is playing well. I don't think the niners will overlook them the way Dallas clearly did. Dallas did not look ready at all. As if they just assumed they were going to win because they were at home against a team that was bad for half the year and then beat up on bad teams in the 2nd half.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Shanahan is going to destroy GB’s defense. Their coordinator is so bad and predictable.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Shanahan is going to destroy GB’s defense. Their coordinator is so bad and predictable.

Aren't the Packers a bit beat up in their secondary?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I think the bigger question is whether the 49ers can actually disrupt Love because the Packers offense has been rolling lately and will keep rolling if they can’t make him uncomfortable.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty much. If 49ers D line can interrupt Love's rhythm they have a chance. Armistead being back helps the run D at least.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I feel confident about a shootout against the Packers even if they can't consistently disrupt Love.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status/1746540835347292613

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

She made Deebo's fantastic "Purdy MVP" puffy vest from week 18, too.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

legit it'd be nice to have more options than the occasional lady-shaped jersey and shirtsey

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Canned Sunshine posted:

Any Given Sunday and all but beating the Cowboys is far different than beating the 49ers

Shindragon posted:

Pretty much. If 49ers D line can interrupt Love's rhythm they have a chance. Armistead being back helps the run D at least.

The 49ers defence absolutely has to contain the Packers run game, their pass game is run off playaction

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 15, 2024

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
SAME

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
OLD

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
OLD

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
SORRY

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
rear end

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
RAMS

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
But gdit Puka is so good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rams had to die so the Lions could live

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPDcrc3Srzw

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Rams won the 2nd half. After that first half, 9 combined 2nd half points is kinda wonky.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

It is wild that the Rams only scored two touchdowns even though every pass Puka Nacua caught was for 75 yards

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The NFC is down to 3 teams with good offenses and 2 teams with a good defense and the eagles.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's traditional for the niners to be the ones to crush the packers playoff dreams so this time for once the niners had the bye and will have to do it later.

It doesn't matter at all how good the packers look. The niners have their number.

The Packers won the first three meetings in the postseason in 1995, 1996 and 1997. The 49ers knocked the Packers out of the playoffs during the 2012, 2013, 2019 and 2021 seasons. They're going keep the streak alive.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
The Rams exceeded all expectations this year. With a better cap situation, 2024 looks bright.

Go lions!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I'm not getting my Niners fix this weekend, so I watched a Purdy hype video from last season. What can I say, it showed up in my feed at exactly the right time.

I'm going to cue this to the first TD against Miami and then the play after that on the video. Juszczyk doesn't get in the end zone if Purdy doesn't put the ball where he can catch it in stride and turn to his right. On the next play, the pass rush is all around Purdy, and he just ignores it and completes the pass. There's better examples of this, but this is his first regular season action and he's coming off the bench. The poise from Day 1 was incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKDmpp9x1d8&t=45s

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

The Rams exceeded all expectations this year. With a better cap situation, 2024 looks bright.

Go lions!

Yeah tbh I'm not sure if this was SOSAR.

A wild chunk of the Rams roster was late rounders and UDFAs and McVay still got good production going. If Stafford can stay healthy and if the Rams can do a decent draft, they might be one of the better teams in the NFC real quick. $44m in cap space also looks pretty good.

McVay is also a bit less aggressive than what I always initially think of him.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

and yay for them lions :)

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I'll agree with that, they'll be competitive for the division next year and for some years to come. Nacua in particular is going to be a problem for years to come.

e. Yeah, yay Lions. Too bad about how the NFCCG is likely to go for them.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Dan Quinn no loving thank you.

Go Lions.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Checks final score.
Rams lost.
SOSAR

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Puka is going to be a nightmare for years to come. I totally forgot he started college at UW :)

That picture of McVay seething with rage at the end of the game was pretty telling, dude is going to go nuts this offseason thinking about losing to the QB he traded away...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey Rams,

Thanks for Brad Holmes. Thanks for the picks that turned into hugely important guys like Jamo, Gibbs and LaPorta. Thanks for Goff, and thanks for getting my boy a ring. You guys are cool, I never bought for a second that your window was closed after the Super Bowl and I hope we can do this again in the future. :)

Also, Puka is real scary.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Rams getting all the good WRs from the state of Washington somehow (Kupp went to EWU of all places lmao)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kensei posted:

Puka is going to be a nightmare for years to come. I totally forgot he started college at UW :)

That picture of McVay seething with rage at the end of the game was pretty telling, dude is going to go nuts this offseason thinking about losing to the QB he traded away...

McVay is basically a perfect coach except he seems shockingly unaggressive at going for it on fourth downs. It’s like his one Achilles heel.

But yeah next year should be something else.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

seiferguy posted:

The Rams getting all the good WRs from the state of Washington somehow (Kupp went to EWU of all places lmao)

Ewu had some good teams around then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

please be nice to my alma mater they often punch above their weight and are pretty good at football