Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

dude just equated Tua to Bryce, lol

having anything but a Mahomes tier QB shatters some peoples brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

I think Herbie is better than Burrow. Is that really that controversial? I genuinely didn’t realize. For some reason the shine came off burrow in my mind. I think he’s got a much better system, too. Maybe 2024 proves me wrong?

he's got better receiving talent but nobody in the league plays with a better timing + accuracy combo than Burrow imo. he's just never ever ever late

I think that offense kind of plays on the knife's edge, the margin for error seems so small. but he plays with such anticipation that it works

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kirios you shouldn't trade him. at least in my opinion.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kirios posted:

I consider Joe Burrow the best QB in the NFL so yeah I think that’s not a great take, even if Herbert is Top 5.

You should reconsider that.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean Andrew hit the nail on the head - those are the traits I consider the most important to be a successful quarterback and Burrow’s the best in that regard.

I think you can make a case for four quarterbacks (Burrow, Allen, Mahomes and Jackson) to be the best in the NFL.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It seems really hard to me to make the case for anyone other than Mahomes

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I wouldn't trade Stroud for anyone in the league

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Doltos posted:

Hrm, I think if pressed I’d trade him for Derek Carr.

I could be talked into it.

You know what you’ve convinced me, let’s do it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

xbilkis posted:

It seems really hard to me to make the case for anyone other than Mahomes

Yeah and it’s not particularly close imo. Which is nuts because Herbie and Burrow and Jackson are all elite quarterbacks. Yet Mahomes remains a level above.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
1. Lamar
2. Mahomes
3. Allen
4. Stroud
5. Love

I'm ready for debates.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yeah I'm just about there. There's 3 QBs I would say are clearly and definitely better than Love, and it's Lamar/Mahomes/Allen.

That Tier B group is a fairly wide net.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kirios posted:

I consider Joe Burrow the best QB in the NFL so yeah I think that’s not a great take, even if Herbert is Top 5.

Yeah that’s insane to me. That’s pretty much where I’ll leave it. But I do understand making him top 5 so we’re pretty even there - splitting hairs at that point. Guess we will see how they bounce back

The337th posted:

dude just equated Tua to Bryce, lol

having anything but a Mahomes tier QB shatters some peoples brains

I called Tua a mediocre bama QB, which would be an upgrade for Bryce. I just said I could relate to panthers fans. I’ve said it all year in this very thread that I watch Bryce in the similar vein to Tua. You made the reach to calling Bryce mediocre.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 15, 2024

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Double oops

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i wouldn't put any of those other guys above mahomes until they win a super bowl

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Doltos posted:

This is the sane and correct take

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah I'm just about there. There's 3 QBs I would say are clearly and definitely better than Love, and it's Lamar/Mahomes/Allen.

That Tier B group is a fairly wide net.

I hate the Bears with everything I have, but I hope they watch Stroud & Love cook the league and ask themselves, "Why should we keep Fields?"

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah that’s insane to me. That’s pretty much where I’ll leave it. But I do understand making him top 5 so we’re pretty even there - splitting hairs at that point. Guess we will see how they bounce back

I called Tua a mediocre bama QB, which would be an upgrade for Bryce. I just said I could relate to panthers fans. I’ve said it all year in this very thread that I watch Bryce in the similar vein to Tua. You made the reach to calling Bryce mediocre.

sure, I'm the one doing that when you're still trying to draw a meaningful comparison between them in this post too

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The337th posted:

sure, I'm the one doing that when you're still trying to draw a meaningful comparison between them in this post too

Lmao nuance is lost on you huh. You’re the one who called Bryce mediocre and created the false equivalency.

Edit: Earlier in this thread I also called Tua my little Hawaiian. I don’t want you confused again - i don’t actually have any claim of ownership over Tua.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 15, 2024

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

FizFashizzle posted:

Not that it should matter at all but I understand how someone like tepper could have been put off by speaking with CJ stroud.

Conversely I can see how Bryce’s insincere corporate bullshit would have gone straight to his heart.

I posted that Stroud’s dreads probably affected his draft stock because nfl owners and execs are stupid and I got yelled at a bit, watch out

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmao nuance is lost on you huh. You’re the one who called Bryce mediocre and created the false equivalency.

Edit: Earlier in this thread I also called Tua my little Hawaiian. I don’t want you confused again - i don’t actually have any claim of ownership over Tua.

no one conjured this image of mediocrity except you

is your monitor on?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It was a throwaway comment about Tua being a small bama QB made in the thread about another small bama QB that you took seriously. You’re literally the only person who took that to them being equal players. I’d say that sums it up sufficiently and we can move on.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tua is a small quarterback.

Bryce is a 5T quarterback.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

AndrewP posted:

Who, Herbie? Or Trevor?

look at his avatar

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

It was a throwaway comment about Tua being a small bama QB made in the thread about another small bama QB that you took seriously. You’re literally the only person who took that to them being equal players.

I guess if they weren't such smol boys it'd be easier for you to keep em straight, it's cool man

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kirios posted:

Tua is a small quarterback.

Bryce is a 5T quarterback.

A 1/5th back. A quinter back.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

H/O Scale Back

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The337th posted:

I guess if they weren't such smol boys it'd be easier for you to keep em straight, it's cool man

Pretending like I couldn’t pick my Hawaiian cutie out of a tiny qb lineup. that’s the MOST insulting 😡

(He’s not actually mine, remember!!)

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

(He’s not actually mine, remember!!)

keep your deeply weird and incoherent posting making jokes about ownership over Tua to yourself, it was strange enough when you tried to wedge it in the first time and you just keep going for some reason

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
poo poo at this point Bryce might be better than Tua

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Doltos posted:

poo poo at this point Bryce might be better than Tua

Let's calm down here.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Thats not a compliment to Bryce

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
well now i don’t know which way I’m being trolled so touche thread

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
My hot take is Herbert is overrated like the rest of the chargers. If he was top 5 they'd be in the playoffs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I called this specific play out in the GDT, it's ridiculous how he just slots it in between three defenders all reaching out to bat down the pass.

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1746753208427466959

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

I called this specific play out in the GDT, it's ridiculous how he just slots it in between three defenders all reaching out to bat down the pass.

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1746753208427466959

Totally normal things for a QB to be doing in his first year starting. Nothing to see here.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
In an alternate timeline Reich got his way and Bryce sat and learned as long as Love and maybe comes out nearly as good.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Totally normal things for a QB to be doing in his first year starting. Nothing to see here.

These days it kind of is a normal thing for a good QB to be doing his first year starting. Mahomes and Herbert definitely had some crazy plays like this. Stroud has this year. Allen was really rough as a passer but even early on he could obviously do some impressive things.

I think the expectation these days is if your QB doesn’t have at least a few “holy poo poo” plays early on then they probably just don’t have it. The good QBs are mostly all freak athletes throwing lasers from weird arm angles. Guys like Burrow are an anomaly.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

These days it kind of is a normal thing for a good QB to be doing his first year starting. Mahomes and Herbert definitely had some crazy plays like this. Stroud has this year. Allen was really rough as a passer but even early on he could obviously do some impressive things.

I think the expectation these days is if your QB doesn’t have at least a few “holy poo poo” plays early on then they probably just don’t have it. The good QBs are mostly all freak athletes throwing lasers from weird arm angles. Guys like Burrow are an anomaly.

Now that I think about it, you are right. At least I can sleep tight knowing we have a guy who has "IT." Now let's pay him before anyone else pays their QB.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Master Stur posted:

In an alternate timeline Reich got his way and Bryce sat and learned as long as Love and maybe comes out nearly as good.

what in the world lmao

Jordan Love was a 6' 4" Raw Tools guy coming out of college, the exact opposite type of QB from Bryce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Alaois posted:

what in the world lmao

Jordan Love was a 6' 4" Raw Tools guy coming out of college, the exact opposite type of QB from Bryce

im exaggerating lol (check my post history im a bryce dunger) but for real this was supposedly the plan Reich had for him and its hard to argue it wouldnt have been a better path