Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]

MNSNTZR posted:

i’m going to pick yanqing on purpose during my standard selector if i don’t get spooked soon because i already have welt and gepard :unsmigghh: i also have bronya

in other more than likely related news, i’m trying to figure out if i’m genuinely just that bad at the game or if my account is just significantly behind because i started close to the end of the first half of 1.4. i think it’s both. i can’t even get to the conundrum levels in g&g because i rely too much on curio rng at all times

I can’t get past like level 2 in either special SU mode, and I’ve just made my peace with that. I’ll get there eventually; for g&g I just can’t be bothered to engage with the dice but maybe I’ll be really bored some weekend and actually get it done. It doesn’t go away so I’m not feeling any pressure to do it.

e:spelling

PatentPending fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

MoC 11 was very easy for me, basically free, but MoC 12 is impossible. Not enough damage and not enough survival, either one. Brutal stuff.

But I don't waaaaaant to go back to the artifact mines for my main characters!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Randomly got Tingyun from the standard banner and now she's E6 :toot:

I was almost tempted to get the last copy from the shop

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

If nobody else wants to do it then I’ll make the thread when 7.2 drops. I’m reluctant to do so because so much of the game is changing and more is being revealed over time, like the complete rework to the gacha system that’s happening for Part 2 and changes to ELFs and Collaborators. But hopefully when 7.2 drops, the CN server will be on 7.3 and Part 2 officially begins and we have a clearer idea of what’s all changed and what I should mention in the OP.

Honestly while I thought the "wait for Part 2" idea was lame before, at this point you really might as well, right?

Idunno. I should have done it but it feels like a hard op to make, at least for part 1. Rolling it around in my head a bit I feel like you'd need to cover
1. What the game is in general
2. Holy poo poo they finished the story
3. The massive disconnect between the story and the gacha (a plus)
4. Don't need the side material, yes it starts in media res but you will definitely catch up. That said the side stuff is neat
4b. Links to some side stuff?
5. Coverage of some of the gacha game systems?
5b. Beginner's recommendations for farmables?
5c. Links to gameplay resources?
6. Spoiler policy
7. Reserved second post for current events? Maybe?
8. Goon Armada could be cool?

I'm probably missing something and yet this post is already too long for a thread that isn't about HI3. It feels like a doozy already is the point, so if you think you'll need to change a bunch of it for part 2 you might as well wait for it at this point.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

PatentPending posted:

I can’t get past like level 2 in either special SU mode, and I’ve just made my piece with that. I’ll get there eventually; for g&g I just can’t be bothered to engage with the dice but maybe I’ll be really bored some weekend and actually get it done. It doesn’t go away so I’m not feeling any pressure to do it.

i want to be like you, but the fact that i know i could pass swarm and g&g with the right curio setup that never shows up for some reason chaps my rear end

starting with jingliu and bumbling into topaz, huohuo, ruan mei AND blade is preventing me from building the good 4* supports i need to pass harder content. i am starved of every single resource, always. let them gently caress around and rerun luocha and jing yuan along with a new 5* male support and aventurine. it’s a never-ending cycle

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Captain France posted:

Honestly while I thought the "wait for Part 2" idea was lame before, at this point you really might as well, right?

Idunno. I should have done it but it feels like a hard op to make, at least for part 1. Rolling it around in my head a bit I feel like you'd need to cover
1. What the game is in general
2. Holy poo poo they finished the story
3. The massive disconnect between the story and the gacha (a plus)
4. Don't need the side material, yes it starts in media res but you will definitely catch up. That said the side stuff is neat
4b. Links to some side stuff?
5. Coverage of some of the gacha game systems?
5b. Beginner's recommendations for farmables?
5c. Links to gameplay resources?
6. Spoiler policy
7. Reserved second post for current events? Maybe?
8. Goon Armada could be cool?

I'm probably missing something and yet this post is already too long for a thread that isn't about HI3. It feels like a doozy already is the point, so if you think you'll need to change a bunch of it for part 2 you might as well wait for it at this point.

https://hoyostans.be/explore/honkai-impact-3rd/consumers-guide-hi3/hi3-phase-1/ this website is needed for getting people caught up on the story since it collects all the manga and visual novels and correlates them in the proper order. Especially since getting started with part 1's story is rough. Probably not the most relevant for people skipping straight to part 2 but we'd want it around for people who want the whole story.
And then hey for a general gameplay resource I use this for Elysian Realm builds. https://rentry.org/ElysianRealm

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Eimi posted:

https://hoyostans.be/explore/honkai-impact-3rd/consumers-guide-hi3/hi3-phase-1/ this website is needed for getting people caught up on the story since it collects all the manga and visual novels and correlates them in the proper order. Especially since getting started with part 1's story is rough. Probably not the most relevant for people skipping straight to part 2 but we'd want it around for people who want the whole story.
And then hey for a general gameplay resource I use this for Elysian Realm builds. https://rentry.org/ElysianRealm

I mean, this would definitely go under "side stuff if you're interested," but it is 100% not necessary. I did not read any side material until after Kolosten, as long as you can handle things being in media res and the occasional nod towards "hey there's more you can read about that if you want to," the actual story mode of Honkai Impact 3rd does a pretty good job standing on it's own. I'd even say "the story mode of HI3 (Part 1) is a whole rear end completed video game with some shared staff with Genshin and Star Rail that that you can play right now for free" is a huge plus. Hell, going back to side stuff later has it's own plusses, too--it's always a fun shock reading a comic from over five years ago and seeing a character who didn't show up in the game or at least wasn't more than a cameo until, like, APHO or Part 1.5 or something. Still a good guide, that reminds me I started reading the side stuff and should get back to it. Lol at the cut hot springs chapter being listed among required reading, though.

For the start of the story being rough, yeah, I didn't really get engrossed until shortly before Befall--and I feel like if I'd actually thought I needed to go read some manga before then or something I probably would have just bounced off. Especially if it meant doing Kiana's Second Eruption VR Trip and the Second Eruption manga back to back. The Second Eruption manga was good but it wasn't that good.

Also just got around to doing the Sending Communications stuff in the latest update, and man, I forgot how much of a glow up Siegfried got when he grew into an Old Dante type. It is sad that Welt is stuck on the space train without his "drinking buddy," although maybe a good thing since I feel like Himeko appreciates not having alcohol on the train.

Wait does alcohol even affect Welt? Or is he just "drinking" with Siegfried while personally staying stone sober the entire time? And if it does affect Welt, drunk Welt ranting about how disappointed he is by space not having as many mecha as anime led him to believe when?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bad Video Games posted:

Mine's only e5. But I definitely saw his value in MoC 10 when I was seeing 20k dots. Kafka hypercarry is still a lot of fun, but paired with Sampo was really good.

Now that I have my "DoT team" fully built, I've been able to see (in normal content, no SU buffs) DoT ticks as high as 54k.

My team is Kafka/Sampo/Luka/Sustain. The DoT with all debuffs/buffs active is always above 40k and I'm not 100% sure what makes it sometimes goes above 50k. My best guess is that it's when the enemy still has high HP, since (I think?) Luka's DoT is proportional to enemy HP.

I've tried using both Luka and Guinaifen, and I generally prefer Luka. He definitely has significantly better performance against single-target enemies, but I think he might also work out better against multi-targets, especially once you factor in his pretty decent special Basic attacks (which can hit as high as 30+k).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I like little Gui and all but it feels like there's way more burn immune enemies than any other and when one of those is present her entire gimmick falls apart

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm not sure why any enemies are immune to any status ailments, tbh. Seems rude to Nihility in general. Like, give them some resistance, sure, but not 500% or whatever.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah I'd agree on that

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Bronya and Cocolia are so loving rude to Remembrance, yeah it sucks.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
idk I kinda like that you can't freeze Cocolia or ice monsters or burn magma monsters. I feel like RPGs lost a bit of verisimilitude post Vanilla WoW when they all started taking away elemental resistances.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

I like little Gui and all but it feels like there's way more burn immune enemies than any other and when one of those is present her entire gimmick falls apart

Whilst this is true, I think the freeze resistance is way ruder since a fair number of kits (and an entire SU path) are based around interactions with frozen stuff.

Eej posted:

idk I kinda like that you can't freeze Cocolia or ice monsters or burn magma monsters. I feel like RPGs lost a bit of verisimilitude post Vanilla WoW when they all started taking away elemental resistances.

I think them being able to resist it is good, being immune is a bit much (and in particular immune even if you stack resistance lower/hit rate).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Whilst this is true, I think the freeze resistance is way ruder since a fair number of kits (and an entire SU path) are based around interactions with frozen stuff.

Lots of kits are based around Burn too, even ones that probably shouldn't be like Himeko and Asta.

Eej posted:

Not being able to freeze ice monsters makes no sense whatsoever, to be honest. Like, why would they be immune to being trapped inside a solid object? You're made of meat and bones, but you could certainly be trapped by like a skeleton cage or whatever. Being unaffected by "coldness" has nothing to do with being frozen in a block of ice as portrayed in these things.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jan 15, 2024

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The freeze effect in this isn't putting them in an outside block of ice, it's directly turning them into solid ice. There's some visual logic in not being able to turn a being made of ice into ice just like you can't light a being made of fire on More Fire.

(Immunities are dumb though)

Kanos fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 15, 2024

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The really rude design decision was to give Pela and Luocha enemy buff removal, then proceed to make all except like three enemies have their big buffs unremovable.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Tree Reformat posted:

The really rude design decision was to give Pela and Luocha enemy buff removal, then proceed to make all except like three enemies have their big buffs unremovable.

Dispel proves its worth on those reviving mara-struck alone tbh.

Also knocking drain-hit off those other mara guys is gold. Gauge Recollection would maybe be another one I'd like to see dispellable, since break instantly dispels it anyway.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Stop hitting yourself. :v:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
4 million is a lot of damage jeez

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Lazy_Liberal posted:

4 million is a lot of damage jeez

Yeah, preservation with all the quake blessings (and upgraded!) is really funny. :v:

That was Conundrum 8, even.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

i should try that with the workdice and see with 2000% shield effect lol,
and what the heck @ 3 preservation and one harmony?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

GateOfD posted:

i should try that with the workdice and see with 2000% shield effect lol,

My M7 doesn't really have any gear right now, so I figured gently caress it, bring Ruan Mei for the defense shred and allres pen.

And yeah, that was on the Company Time die, I had something like 900-ish percent shield boost at the end.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

GateOfD posted:

Why bother with DPS when the enemies do more damage to themselves than you could possibly deal to them?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Is anyone currently tackling the advanced conundrum achievements in G&G? I'm really enjoying how broken company dice makes the game, but I remember not having such a great time with the other dice sets. I want to know if I should bother or if its more trouble than its worth.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Dazerbeams posted:

Is anyone currently tackling the advanced conundrum achievements in G&G? I'm really enjoying how broken company dice makes the game, but I remember not having such a great time with the other dice sets. I want to know if I should bother or if its more trouble than its worth.

I have been doing them, and dropping down from Conundrum 12 to 10 for those suddenly makes it feel so much easier. I have only attempted 4 dice sets besides Company Time, but I won all 4 on the first try using 3 different paths (Propagation, Elation, and Remembrance). I have been going with Stats Conundrum + 4, Auxiliary Conundrum +6.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

I did company on 12, then dropped to 10 on the rest.
It easy since you can lower the enemy stats boost down two levels and just deal with the 2 penalty like lower countdown which doesn’t matter

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Beta v4 for 2.0 dropped, there should be no more kit changes after this until release. Not a lot changed from the first version. The notable things are:

- Black Swan got an Ult cost reduction from 130 to 120. Her Ult cost has been a point of contention so it's nice, but honestly I'm not sure it's that big of a deal since to me her selling point is having a DEF debuff that also inflicts DoT. I guess if you don't run her with Kafka it matters more but with Kafka I think her Ult is kinda icing on the cake. There are some minor changes to her Eidolon's numbers too but overall her kit didn't change too much.

- Sparkle's universal CR buff was changed into an ATK buff, and the Quantum DMG buff for mono-Quantum teams was also changed into ATK buff. Since the Quantum DPSes have huge DMG bonuses in their kit already this should be better. Her CDMG buff also has a higher flat value now but a lower scaling value. You only get more CDMG from scaling at a ridiculously high number (250% or something) so this is overall a buff to her numbers. The big thing though is that her Technique now gives 3 SP at the start of the battle instead of 1, so you can alpha strike with DHIL and QQ harder. Also there are some Eidolon changes, notably E1 gives a big ATK buff after her Ultimate instead of a SPD buff.

- Misha's completely unchanged (besides wording to make his mechanics clearer)

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I love peppy

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Please tell me I can skip Sparkle, I already have all the current released Harmonys, I'm probably gonna be tapped out after Black Swan for my Kafka, and I'll need to skrimp and save every bit for Fu (who hopefully will not be next patch too? Probably will just to make me suffer, specifically)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I assume she will be OP in the standard Harmony way, but she should have especially good synergy with SP sinks like QQ or DHIL. So if you're not using either of those two, she will be slightly more skippable? Probably.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

It's not a matter of can, it's a matter of will. No matter how busted she is, I will be skiping her because her name is Sparkle and I have standards.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Garrand posted:

I love peppy

also: really what hsr needs is more dumb names, not less. we're getting black swan and sunday and we've got march 7th, blade, silver wolf, and the cat family and most of them aren't getting name pushback. basically what I am saying is [points at arknights] just make 'em all silly

Leraika fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 16, 2024

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
oh no is sparkle harmony 😩 o well

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Eimi posted:

It's not a matter of can, it's a matter of will. No matter how busted she is, I will be skiping her because her name is Sparkle and I have standards.

I meanwhile have amassed a fortune of jade that’s getting dumped on both those banners. DHIL is one of my main carries and I just think DoT teams are neat.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Tree Reformat posted:

Please tell me I can skip Sparkle, I already have all the current released Harmonys, I'm probably gonna be tapped out after Black Swan for my Kafka, and I'll need to skrimp and save every bit for Fu (who hopefully will not be next patch too? Probably will just to make me suffer, specifically)

She's good with mono-Quantum, DHIL, or follow-up focused comps (because her CDMG buff lasts until the target's next turn, meaning Dr. Ratio, for example, benefits from the buff for all his followups). Outside of those I think she's just alright. She's not as universal as Ruan Mei.

Next patch should be JY and Luocha's reruns. FX is probably gonna be in 2.1.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Bussamove posted:

I meanwhile have amassed a fortune of jade that’s getting dumped on both those banners. DHIL is one of my main carries and I just think DoT teams are neat.

Oh I'm loving getting Black Swan, her ult is what lesbians like me wish to see after we die. (Also correcting me skipping Jing Yuan and his lc)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Eimi posted:

Oh I'm loving getting Black Swan, her ult is what lesbians like me wish to see after we die. (Also correcting me skipping Jing Yuan and his lc)

It's kind of funny that her ult is so metal when it deals only token damage and mostly just applies a debuff.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sparkle is a universal support. If you want Hanya but even better she's your girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Eej posted:

Sparkle is a universal support. If you want Hanya but even better she's your girl.

That would be nice, but not dying on the non-Huohuo side of MoC would be even better!

Then again, I'm a Topaz/Clara user who's probably gonna have to skip Aventurine! loving FOMO!

meanwhile, in genshin, i've been comfortably saving for birdonetta and the hydro cannon rerun and not really hurting for or wanting anyone else