Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

carrionman posted:

Teasing is also a gentle way of introducing the concept that not everything an authority figure says is always true.

Just like with pranks you gotta know your audience though, and there's always some rear end in a top hat who crosses the line into traumatizing

This. We joke around a lot in our family, but the second our son asked if we were serious, we immediately told him "No, we're just joking." And it was never about stuff like: "I'm going to feed you to the rabid animals while shooting fireworks at you." It was more along the lines of "We're getting up early to go muck out a sewer." "Wait, really? " "No, we're going to the Minecraft exhibit at the museum a couple hours away."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

BrideOfUglycat posted:

This. We joke around a lot in our family, but the second our son asked if we were serious, we immediately told him "No, we're just joking." And it was never about stuff like: "I'm going to feed you to the rabid animals while shooting fireworks at you." It was more along the lines of "We're getting up early to go muck out a sewer." "Wait, really? " "No, we're going to the Minecraft exhibit at the museum a couple hours away."
It's a shame, he was really looking forward to mucking that sewer.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
when I was around 2 years old, my parents noticed that, at seemingly random times, I would run around the house in a panic screaming "COCKADIS! COCKADIS!" They eventually figured out that I was freaking out about a television ad for The Phantom of the Opera on stage, but to this day no one knows what COCKADIS means. I was teased about it then, I'm still teased about it now, as it should be :colbert:

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Slugworth posted:

He's 18 now, so he can get a job to go muck out his own sewers and not rely on his parents to provide such extravagance for him.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BrideOfUglycat posted:

He's 18 now, so he can get a job to go muck out his own sewers and not rely on his parents to provide such extravagance for him.

sigh 15 more years.

maybe i'll give him back his nose

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

sigh 15 more years.

maybe i'll give him back his nose

On his 18th birthday, in a box made up to sound like car keys when shaken.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
thats pretty diabolical. my parents loved doing the poo poo gift made up to look like what i wanted. NES box with a second hand atari in it stuff like that.. i dont mind messing with the kid, but def dont want to be that loving guy and give him trust issues.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Slugworth posted:

Like that kid who was upset he was at the circus instead of the broccoli farm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7yMZGA2lzg

He did get to go to a broccoli farm eventually, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hswdDZgcwHA

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

my parents loved doing the poo poo gift made up to look like what i wanted. NES box with a second hand atari in it stuff like that..

That's super duper hosed up and I'm sorry that happened to you. Friends and siblings can pull stuff like that but parents never should.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/gBov5Ud.mp4

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nothing brings out my christmas spirit more than seeing the expression of betrayal and crushed hopes and dreams on my childs face on christmas morning

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

jeebus bob posted:

That's super duper hosed up and I'm sorry that happened to you. Friends and siblings can pull stuff like that but parents never should.

If it's temporary (i.e. the real thing is like two gifts later) that's pretty good pranking but if that's the gift it's too dickish.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/oY6X62m.mp4

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

An emotional rollercoaster :allears:

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

in their defence it does help with the smell. and i found splashback to be more a function of drop height so the fact you're making GBS threads into water that's much closer gives the turd less drop time to build up enough velocity to generate appreciable splashback.

the worst thing about american (public) toilets are the huge gaps around the cubicles, i assume for prioritising something stupid like discouraging homeless people from doing drugs rather than general comfort and privacy

Huge gaps? Like you don't share walls between stalls?
That just sounds like a cozy corner to sleep in, if a bit gross.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

LookieLoo posted:

Huge gaps? Like you don't share walls between stalls?
That just sounds like a cozy corner to sleep in, if a bit gross.

No, there are walls between them. It's just that many of the stall doors have intentionally large gaps on either side of them in a lot of restrooms, so you can get an eyeful of whoever's in there as you're walking by if you're not careful.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
i sleep in a honey bucket with my wife

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Butterfly Valley posted:

in their defence it does help with the smell. and i found splashback to be more a function of drop height so the fact you're making GBS threads into water that's much closer gives the turd less drop time to build up enough velocity to generate appreciable splashback.

A bit of scrunched up up toilet paper in the bowl before you sit down to start making GBS threads stops splashback.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

gay picnic defence posted:

A bit of scrunched up up toilet paper in the bowl before you sit down to start making GBS threads stops splashback.

You mean prepping the LZ?

One of a Kind
May 18, 2009

Alucard posted:

If it's temporary (i.e. the real thing is like two gifts later) that's pretty good pranking but if that's the gift it's too dickish.

Another good option is the one where you give them what they wanted, but put it in the packaging of something old or crappy.

My mom did that to my brother back in the day- she actually used the box from a computer game he already had. He was very polite and thankful and tried to convince himself that it was an "updated" version (or maybe he was trying to be nice to our mom so she wouldn't be embarrassed) and seeing his reaction when he opened it up was amazing.

The disappointment is hilarious when it's just for that moment.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...5bb74cf5bc385c&

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Takes No Damage posted:

You mean prepping the LZ?

In construction we called it Lily-Padding. Layering in some TP into the porta potty so you didn't get that nasty rear end blue poo poo water splashback.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

I'm trying to figure out if that reaction is just "break your neck more quietly please, I'm on a call" or...?

credburn posted:

I don't mean to sound like such a boomer but... it's a few seconds of a scare. When I was a kid, my mother woke me up on New Years and made me run down the icy road in my underwear at midnight while her friends fired roman candles at me. If we had tiktoks back then I would have been a viral star.

That's hosed, even as a one-off "poo poo just went kinda weird that one time" incident. That's the sort of thing kids remember when they're an adult and their parent is in a home and "they just never visit me; I don't know why".

KoRMaK posted:

The fellow posters on this site are a form of chosen community and I'm really happy to see so many become healthy as they've carved out their space from whatever situation, which they had no choice in, conditioned them

This. I've been on these forums for over 20 years now, and I legit love them--they're full of people who are hosed up in various ways (like everyplace else), but it's surprisingly often that folks here have a nice strong "okay vs. not okay" standard in place when compared with pretty much any "comments section" of the rest of the internet. It's a good place.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

aas Bandit posted:

This. I've been on these forums for over 20 years now, and I legit love them--they're full of people who are hosed up in various ways (like everyplace else), but it's surprisingly often that folks here have a nice strong "okay vs. not okay" standard in place when compared with pretty much any "comments section" of the rest of the internet. It's a good place.

:hmmyes:

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
https://i.imgur.com/J4jeN7J.mp4

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/RgaZn37.mp4

Edit: I'll link this one instead of inlining it, it's a crowded merry go round which gets way less merry but way more pukey
https://imgur.com/gallery/IVXNYWB

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 05:03 on Jan 15, 2024

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I love how the shoe comes off riiight at the end there, just as his soul leaves his body

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Man if there was ever a video that needed sound, it's trampoline idiot.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Man if there was ever a video that needed sound, it's trampoline idiot.

https://i.imgur.com/qRaaEkd.mp4

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

:lol::lol::lol:

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Holy poo poo

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Knew what it was before I clicked, but yeah that is a pretty good one :gas:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

:kiss:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

lmao

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

never fails

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

This cat is my spirit animal.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

No, there are walls between them. It's just that many of the stall doors have intentionally large gaps on either side of them in a lot of restrooms, so you can get an eyeful of whoever's in there as you're walking by if you're not careful.

This is why you should always carry a roll of duct tape on you so you can tape that gap shut.

E: either side of the interaction

E2: also if you know you won't get to a toilet in time

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

This is why you should always carry a roll of duct tape on you so you can tape that gap shut.

E: either side of the interaction

E2: also if you know you won't get to a toilet in time

This reminds me that someone on one of those reality shows where they show off inventions (I think American Inventor) someone made a clip that bridges that gap at the top of a stall door to secure it closed and also had a little roll down shutter to conceal the gap. A shitter shutter if you will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

:five: :allears:

I loving KNEW what it was going to be, and I still laughed so hard in surprise.