Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I get that alot. It’s mostly from people not knowing the level layouts. Lotta people haven’t played in forever and are coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Reiley posted:

I'm not a design flaw, I'm not!

Join the cult of the hammer, if demons vex you so.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Yeah, I get that alot. It’s mostly from people not knowing the level layouts. Lotta people haven’t played in forever and are coming back.

I still sometimes gently caress this up because if the whole party gets low and we are still fighting i err on the side of trying to keep everyone up.

And then then the fight ends seconds later and the full charge med station is a door away mocking me for my stupidity

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I mostly play with pubbies, and people regularly drop medipacks literally 2 meters away from an unused medicae station. Sometimes I legit can't tell if it's a weird form of griefing, because they do it so close to the medicae station that they couldn't possibly have missed it.

Some people just want to burn health/ammo crates, I guess.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

On the flip side I've been in a situation where we had two medicae packs and we were doing a set piece where there was a medicae station with a couple of charges on it and I felt it was worth putting down a medicae pack and saving those charges for when we were done / not have everyone go down at once.

Oh boy did someone rage on voice chat.

Then when we got to the second (and last) set piece of the map the dude put his mediace pack down... right in front of a medicae station. Of course I had to make fun of him for it, even though it was the right place to put it.

Different than what we are talking about, but there's sometimes nuance folks!

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010
so what gameplay lesson is Darktide trying to teach me when I run up to a little chest expecting to find maybe 10 bullets pls just 10, and it's fuckin empty?

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I still don't know where all the medicae stations are, and I ping medikits in the hope that someone else will deal with it. I generally save it for when the party is in very bad shape, or for a big event where I know we'll be in the same place for a while. Or I keep holding off until we're on the dropship. Oops.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Cryptozoology posted:

so what gameplay lesson is Darktide trying to teach me when I run up to a little chest expecting to find maybe 10 bullets pls just 10, and it's fuckin empty?

Thats not a gameplay lesson its a life lesson

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Good communication just seems like it's the key to resource allocation. If I have the medpack and we're not yet at the end fight but multiple members of the squad are in bad shape, I just ask the team if they want meds now or if they want to push until the end of the mission.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Cryptozoology posted:

In the immortal words of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life."

The other big lesson from that episode was "If you annoy your opponent enough, they might eventually rage quit and hand you a victory," so idk if the lesson is completely applicable, but it's still a good quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4A-Ml8YHyM

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Cryptozoology posted:

Hope is the first step towards disappointment

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010
right, right, right, the crushing ennui of enduring existence

but i'd rather have two daemonhosts guaranteed per mission than an empty treasure chest

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It was especially bad when there were no crafting mats.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cryptozoology posted:

Yeah honestly I'd rather the game just not spawn the chest at all if it's going to be empty

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did they rebalance the Karnak Twins fight? I just managed to beat it on Damnation with a bot on our team, only got downed once.

Or am I just playing better.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sometimes damnation in that fight is just dreg ragers and maulers. Sometimes it's scab ragers, endless hordes and snipers.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I have to get a new PC and then just start filming all my Darktide games. Earlier today I was picking a dude up when a burster sent me off the walkway but I swear I air controlled back onto the walkway. I think I was pressing W as I was doing the pickup and maybe that was the cause some sort of physics inherited momentum because the pickup ability locks you in place? It was wild and I'm so bummed I didn't get footage of it.

Anyone seen or done this before?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

tangy yet delightful posted:

I have to get a new PC and then just start filming all my Darktide games. Earlier today I was picking a dude up when a burster sent me off the walkway but I swear I air controlled back onto the walkway. I think I was pressing W as I was doing the pickup and maybe that was the cause some sort of physics inherited momentum because the pickup ability locks you in place? It was wild and I'm so bummed I didn't get footage of it.

Anyone seen or done this before?

Did you land on your feet or grab the railing? The game auto-guides you to the railing. I've seen people have almost V like trajectories in their flight.

You can also stream your darktide games to twitch if you don't have space

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Did you land on your feet or grab the railing? The game auto-guides you to the railing. I've seen people have almost V like trajectories in their flight.

You can also stream your darktide games to twitch if you don't have space

Landed on my feet. It was a V like sorta thing because I came back to the walkway not where I had left it.

I could have space but the framerate hit, while likely minimal, is something I prefer to avoid because my frames aren't great as is. Although TBF I should actually test the difference to know the frame hit versus just guessing.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
If you're recording short clips, the Xbox Game Bar thing has been working fine for me with the only performance hitch happening after I tell it to save whatever just happened. You get a clip of the last 30 seconds or so that you can cut down in whatever video editor you prefer (I've been using Clipchamp because I've been too lazy to get something better).

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

You know I had something like that setup with Nvidia but then I forgot about it. Need to try that again and maybe a postit note on my monitor to remind me to use it.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

You know I had something like that setup with Nvidia but then I forgot about it. Need to try that again and maybe a postit note on my monitor to remind me to use it.

Nvidia's shadow replay is honestly great for grabbing clips and the performance overhead is almost negligible if you have a GPU/CPU from the last 5 years. You can set the clip recording length to whatever you want and just hit a hotkey to clip the last 30s - 5 minutes. The recordings are MP4 so you can clip them with VLC even and upload em on imgur if they're under 200Mb.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

+1 for NVIDIA ShadowPlay if you are on team green.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Isn't Shadowplay locked behind GeForce Experience which requires an account? That's some real bullshit to use hardware I already paid for.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fishstick posted:

Nvidia's shadow replay is honestly great for grabbing clips and the performance overhead is almost negligible if you have a GPU/CPU from the last 5 years. You can set the clip recording length to whatever you want and just hit a hotkey to clip the last 30s - 5 minutes. The recordings are MP4 so you can clip them with VLC even and upload em on imgur if they're under 200Mb.

If you have windows 11 you can use clipchamp which is free and pretty good to quickly edit clips too!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

isndl posted:

Isn't Shadowplay locked behind GeForce Experience which requires an account? That's some real bullshit to use hardware I already paid for.

Create a throwaway account and set it up once, then never start GFE again because shadowplay will autostart with boot (and/or can be set with its own toggle in the overlay)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Fishstick posted:

I use OBS's replay buffer to capture my clips to MP4 and use Photos edit feature myself. All it takes is setting up a hotkey that's easy to reach but not gonna get hit in normal play and just get in the habit of slapping it when something funny/cool happens.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I dont know if I have a visual bug but I never see white smoke around a Daemonhost. I usually identify them by the frightening neon green aura that spurs up when you get closer.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Internet Explorer posted:

+1 for NVIDIA ShadowPlay if you are on team green.
AMD literally has the same thing but it's called Instant Replay. No need to make an account either.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

isndl posted:

lol

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

isndl posted:

Yeah just use OBS replay buffer, it’s more customizable too unless they improved shadowplay a lot since I stopped using it

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fond memories of the time nvidia actively erased geforce experience from my system by forcing me to update to keep using it, followed by the updater crashing after it had removed the old version but before it had installed the new version, leaving GFE completely gone without a trace. Did me a favor really, I never used their poo poo again

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
When I pay $500+ for a product that comes with software that does exactly what I want it's usually within my capacity to make an account.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I love the Revolver, and scabs' tendencies to line up....

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Shuka posted:

When I pay $500+ for a product that comes with software that does exactly what I want it's usually within my capacity to make an account.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Shuka posted:

sorry but i do not have enough spoons for this :3

isndl
May 2, 2012

Shuka posted:

Microsoft at least helps me port my user settings between installs and gives me some free cloud storage, that's stuff that actually needs an account to function. Nvidia isn't offering poo poo besides more email spam for things that shouldn't need an account to work.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

It's stupid that it requires an account now, but it's also like 5 minutes of :effort: with a temporary email that you set up once during install and then never have to touch again. GFE doesn't need to be running for shadowplay to work since it's a seperate service. You can block/prevent GFE from starting and check that the overlay is still working, and you can access shadowplay settings from there as well without the need for GFE.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I guess it's real? Vermintide pvp alpha test starts in a few days: https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/the-versus-closed-alpha-test-begins-january-18/90864

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
dead game mode