Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

8 medium one topping gas station pizza are going to weigh about 12 pounds, about as much as a gallon and a half of water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
No more voting, just candidates walking around the country with increasing amounts of pizzas. Person with the most pizzas at the end becomes president. It's how America can show true strength to the world and will be respected again. The United States will be a true Pizzacracy

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

*papa John sweats profusely *

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

*papa John sweats profusely *

More than usual?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Cornwind Evil posted:

Between this, and Hunter walking out of the hearing in disgust about MTG, and Fox presenting it as "Hunter flees from MTG!", I am again reminded that the nature of information is 10 percent will always support your side, 10 percent will always support the other side, and the remaining 80 percent goes to who can present, twist, misrepresent, and whatnot it the best. It's just gotten worse the last decade and change because people have realized that many times, people will just take things at face value, no matter what, and they've stopped devoting any effort to the altering, just adding to their volume and repetition instead,

Also speaking of 'absorbed information' and 20 year old and onward stuff, several dozen pages back or so, when people were talking about how stuff like The Daily Show and South Park didn't realize that they were seeding the future we find ourselves in, what with 'They mocked instead of harshly critisized" and "They fed the idea into who knows how many heads that everything was the same, everything was equally stupid, and hence a snowball to the head is the same as getting crushed by an avalanche' and so on.

I'm pretty sure if you went back in time and tried to warn the people behind the shows that these things could happen, I suspect you'd get the same answer: we're a comedy show. The South park guys would, if you could break through the nonsense they'd probably respond with, likely say "We are doing whatever immature poo poo comes into our heads tied with real world events. We are not here to educate or teach people how to think or live their lives. We don't know how, we don't want to, and expecting us to is stupid. And if people are learning the lesson that Cartman's viewpoint is something to be emulated, then in all honesty those people are so weak and stupid that if South Park didn't exist, they'd just get brainwormed by something else."

Really, I do feel it's that. If there had been no Daily Show or works by Trey and Matt, most of the shitheads would just have found a new source of feces. There's not exactly a lot unique or special about those shows that helped make the alt right and MAGA. They're just the particular poison that found a shape to pour into that probably would have existed, and been filled, anyway.

having watched both shows at the time of their airing - The Daily Show and South Park are nothing alike and lumping them together makes no loving sense. The Daily Show didn't do any of that 'maybe it's both sides' poo poo, the issue people take with The Daily Show is that it didn't take criticism of the conservative establishment of the time far enough and was a toothless mock show to entertain the libs. Which is all that it ever claimed to be; the success of The Daily Show was more of a sign for how hungry for alternative sources of information/new that people were pre-twitter and the wider adoption of the internet by the American public. Like, there was a time when news show and cable news were where you got your info, and The Daily Show came to be in that environment as one of the only alternatives.

South Park presented itself as an arbiter of right and wrong and yes, would often present that 'both sides' bullshit, while it's just a loving cartoon show on tv and should never have been elevated to the level of 'political commentary', and yet was. The humor in The Daily Show could be called tepid in retrospect, but it was always punching upwards and seeking to mock those in power; South Park punched down at minorities early, and often. Even in that time period, it wouldn't be out of place for a Daily Show viewer to criticize a South Park viewer and look down upon them.

And of course if you'd removed them other things would take their place because it's both a sign of the times as well as shaping it, but welp, it did exist in that time and did shape things in a certain way, that's how history works

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 15, 2024

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Mr. President, "TRUMP", sir, America wants to see you walk up and down a ramp while holding a pizza, that would own the libs so much

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Escape From Noise posted:

I don't know what this video is even about. I just find it very funny that it's cut off almost completely.

Edit: Snipe!

So is he admitting Biden is the rightful 46?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Beanie King sounds like some weird local commercial kind of guy.

Oh God red hair is not her shade at all

Jesus christ she looks worse with every passing day

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Beanie King sounds like some weird local commercial kind of guy.

I thought conservatives hated women with pink hair?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I truly believe the only reason Trump continues his full control of the GOP is solely because of the grifter cult ecosystem with parasites like Dim Tool, Bannon, Loomer, Marge, Stone, etc.

They need him to be the nominee because he fuels the outrage machine that continuously gets them wackjob views and money, and they will destroy the chance of any other candidate because it affects their bottom line directly. So they just further melt the brains of their idiot fan bases and tell them to die in the blizzard to vote Trump.

Late stage capitalism is destroying the GOP, lmao

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jan 15, 2024

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Funky See Funky Do posted:

lol yeah that's bronzer. I think the lighting just makes it look oranger than usual.

he motorboated the pizza like it was Giuliani's titties

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

I truly believe the only reason Trump continues his full control of the GOP is solely because of the grifter cult ecosystem with parasites like Dim Tool, Bannon, Loomer, Marge, Stone, etc.

They need him to be the nominee because he fuels the outrage machine that continuously gets them wackjob views and money, and they will destroy the chance of any other candidate because it affects their bottom line directly. So they just further melt the brains of their idiot fan bases and tell them to die in the blizzard to vote Trump.

:hmbol::hmbol::hmbol:

TROMP has apostles

zone
Dec 6, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

Imagine dying in a blizzard for :chaostrump: just because you wanted to own the libs.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Vampire Panties posted:

:hmbol::hmbol::hmbol:

TROMP has apostles

God sent him as a caretaker for the Earth and to protect us all from Marxists.
https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/seed-truth-god-made-trump-ad-acolytes-dont-see-rcna133744

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

StrangersInTheNight posted:

having watched both shows at the time of their airing - The Daily Show and South Park are nothing alike and lumping them together makes no loving sense.

While I completely understand and agree with your characterization of their content, I think you overlook the significance of South Park being effectively a lead-in to The Daily Show for several years. Wednesdays from 2004-08 were:

10:00 South Park

10:30 Crank Yankers/Drawn Together/some poo poo

11:00 The Daily Show

(iirc)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Trump's unexpected hanging conundrum

https://twitter.com/lawofruby/status/1746873221461197249

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

John Wick of Dogs posted:

8 medium one topping gas station pizza are going to weigh about 12 pounds, about as much as a gallon and a half of water

Who the hell buys a stack of medium pizzas to feed a crowd. That is the entire reason larges exist

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Easy solution to trump testimony, just change the trail to trail by combat, change it to trail by combat!!!!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Stoatbringer posted:

God sent him as a caretaker for the Earth and to protect us all from Marxists.
https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/seed-truth-god-made-trump-ad-acolytes-dont-see-rcna133744

quote:

“On June 14, 1946, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, ‘I need a caretaker.’ So God gave us Trump,” the narrator says. “God said, ‘I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, fix this country, work all day, fight the Marxists, eat supper, then go to the Oval Office and stay up past midnight at a meeting of the heads of state.’ So God made Trump.”

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ignoring that :smugdon: has literally never done any of those things, everything on that list is stupid GOP virtue signalling.

quote:

“On June 14, 1946, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, ‘I need to take a massive poo poo.’ So God gave us Trump,” the narrator says. “God said, ‘I need somebody willing to get up before 2pm, rob this country, golf all day, fight the press, eat berders, then go to the Oval Office and stay up past midnight blowing lines of Adderall and shitposting on social media.’ So God squirted Trump.”

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

Who the hell buys a stack of medium pizzas to feed a crowd. That is the entire reason larges exist

Large pizzas would make his tiny hands look smaller. And he's cheap (even though he didn't pay for them).

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO_BdivESOk

first he bitched about the ramp, and then told the story about the ramp, and then he drank a glass of water with one hand to raucous applause

Jesus Christ. How did I somehow forget about the ramp? But I remember sailor!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I hope they do it by getting him to do a video message that gets sent to the judge who'll then decide whether to play any of it or not

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

I thought conservatives hated women with pink hair?

It's purple! Learn the Loomer Lore!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Kragger99 posted:

Large pizzas would make his tiny hands look smaller. And he's cheap (even though he didn't pay for them).

he doesn't have enough alpha strength to carry large without toppling over

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Asterite34 posted:

Someone do the needful and photoshop a MAGA hat onto Jack Nicholson's frozen corpse at the end of The Shining

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
"Trump Descision Tree"

so basically a stick with "poo poo" on one end and "carry pizza and lie" on the other.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

With tears in my eyes I said "Sir, this is the best gas station pizza I've ever known".

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
To be fair Casey's is great gas station pizza

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

redshirt posted:

With tears in my eyes I said "Sir, this is the best gas station pizza I've ever known".

"I would have spent less money but BIDENFLATION"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hope everyone is having a better morning than our favorite president

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Rat Patrol posted:

To be fair Casey's is great gas station pizza

This is like saying, “sure, I eat total garbage but it’s got gold flakes!”

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

PuttyKnife posted:

This is like saying, “sure, I eat total garbage but it’s got gold flakes!”

You gotta celebrate your little victories

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

Hope everyone is having a better morning than our favorite president

I've been waiting for him to take some shots at Sununu. It's been odd IMO he hasn't, and even here that's pretty tame by his standards.

For the record, Sununu is very popular in NH. I'm expecting him to break out nationally soon enough, I suspect he's waiting for Trump to leave the scene.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

if anyone is beating an old poll it's trump

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Whatever happens, Ron DeSantis will be humiliated

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Alan Smithee posted:

if anyone is beating an old poll it's trump

My fellow poster I was specifically told by Stormy Daniels that there was no pole, only a misshapen mushroom.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Trump is the avatar of White Privilege incarnate

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Steadiman posted:

No more voting, just candidates walking around the country with increasing amounts of pizzas. Person with the most pizzas at the end becomes president. It's how America can show true strength to the world and will be respected again. The United States will be a true Pizzacracy

I'm step beyond lactose intolerance, I'm allergic to whey protein.

The first president that makes a pizza that I can eat that actually melts and tastes good has my support.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I hope they do it by getting him to do a video message that gets sent to the judge who'll then decide whether to play any of it or not

They'll do it via a truth.social post because they're so big brained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"While I may disagree with the other candidates, I of course respect them as -"
:yooge: EVERYBODY RUNNING AGAINST ME IS A BIG STUPID LOSER!