Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

freeedr posted:

Or just change the Imgur link extension to .gif and it will put the gif version here if that’s what you want.

It just shows a single frame from the gif but it doesn't play.

Helluva has a new favorite as of 01:53 on Jan 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Helluva posted:

It just shows a single frame from the gif but it doesn't play.

If that's what you did here I have horrible news (it's playing)

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Flipperwaldt posted:

Can't speak for the ios app, but it won't embed on any other platform if you do that. Url tags are correct.

I didn't mean gifs, I ment if the hosting converts it to video since op asked

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

If that's what you did here I have horrible news (it's playing)

Some of them still doesn't work, must be a problem with imgur.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I didn't mean gifs, I ment if the hosting converts it to video since op asked
Yeah I know, mp4s and gifv and webm and whatnot are what we were talking about.

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

This is what I'm getting as the only embedding option with some. It doesn't provide a direct link.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Goufin around.

Imma crosspost this in the gunpla thread.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/rNcPvt4.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Looks more dangerous than just learning to ride a horse

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Sonic after the value of his coins hit rock bottom :(

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

freeedr posted:

My stick vacuum does the whole house usually twice per day. I get the big vacuum out for deeper cleanings though.

Im a clean freak and this is insanity, why do you need to vacuum twice a day

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Mr. Crow posted:

I had a loss at a house where the HO had a vacuum cleaner on each floor of the house. Four.

No, they were not disabled.

They cleaned under and behind the refrigerator weekly

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

PainterofCrap posted:

I had a loss at a house where the HO had a vacuum cleaner on each floor of the house.

Why was the house a loss? Did they vacuum the load bearing parts off the house down to nothing?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Heck, if I could afford a four-story house I'd also keep a vacuum on each floor instead of hauling them up and down the stairs.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Garrand posted:

Heck, if I could afford a four-story house I'd also keep a vacuum on each floor instead of hauling them up and down the stairs.

I'd get one less story and pay a cleaner with the savings.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
just get one of those central vacuums so you have a suck hole in each room you attach the hose too

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mr. Crow posted:

I'm glad someone said something. That sentence has bothered me since they wrote it, but no one else said anything. Got me starting to think I was living in a dump or something.

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Roblo posted:

I'm glad someone said something. That sentence has bothered me since they wrote it, but no one else said anything. Got me starting to think I was living in a dump or something.

If the internal pressure is low and there is a lot of earth outside, and if the person is asthmatic?

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Non Compos Mentis posted:

just get one of those central vacuums so you have a suck hole in each room you attach the hose too

I should call him...

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Mr. Crow posted:

Three dogs, two cats, and it’s winter so the dogs are spending most time indoors right now. Though on work days I only vacuum once because I’m gone for 13+ hours.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/OAzcoRC.mp4

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Non Compos Mentis posted:

When my parents had a house built in the early 90's they got one of those centralized vacuum cleaner systems. It's a cool idea until something gets stuck somewhere in the pipe in the wall.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I assume that's an apiarist saving a hive? Those squares are cut to fit the box? Are the workers that got sucked up mostly dead? :ohdear:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

When I was young, I kept hearing a weird noise in the attic above my room. You could knock at that spot and it would change and go away for a little bit but come back. We ignored it. One day I was up in my room practicing guitar and noticed a bee on my shirt. Huh, weird. Then I started noticing them everywhere, probably a hundred bees had infiltrated my room via a chewed hole in the ceiling, with more crawling out by the second

I was not chill like that guy, we gassed them to hell

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That guy is some kind of bee whisperer. Or maybe they were the ones who contracted him? I don't know

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

PainterofCrap posted:

Are the workers that got sucked up mostly dead? :ohdear:

They use a "bee vac", it has gentle suction and deposits them into a big box or bucket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chMaYgUgU0Y

He also talks about the procedure in the gif above, it's called a 'cut-out' and is rather labor intensive but the most thorough way to safely remove/relocate a hive that has set up in a structure.

Ror has a new favorite as of 16:09 on Jan 15, 2024

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah you can see he eventually captures the queen. Once that happens, all the bees will follow to their new home and bee chill.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Every piece of media involving bees 20 years ago had the person wearing a giant suit and nobody seems to bother with that stuff anymore

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Those are some docile bees. :stare:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well they’re house bees, soooo

Domesticated, if you will.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Here's some more beemanity:

https://www.twitter.com/playteaux/status/1746143614818828672

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Save the beeeeeeeeees.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

When my parents had a house built in the early 90's they got one of those centralized vacuum cleaner systems. It's a cool idea until something gets stuck somewhere in the pipe in the wall.

My Aunt and Uncle put a system like that in their house when they built it, and 20 years on they still get excited to show off the fact that they can sweep crumbs or whatever into one spot in front of their kitchen island and then kick open a plate that would suck it into the system.

It's pretty sweet, if I'm honest.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

I assume that's an apiarist saving a hive? Those squares are cut to fit the box? Are the workers that got sucked up mostly dead? :ohdear:

Yeah, someone on imgur looked up the guy based on his shirt and he's a professional bee relocator, he's got a ton more videos on the company page: https://www.hinterlandbees.com/videos

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Those are some docile bees. :stare:

On this page, he mentions that in Australia bees aren't aggressive, which just seems wrong based on everything I know about Australia. Also, some nutter let bees build a hive in their walls for five years before the neighbours started getting stung and the council demanded they get it removed

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I once stayed at a place in south america that had a huge bee hive in the backyard. Owner said to just stay away from it. No problem I think. Then the first night I get up to grab something from the kitchen, and walking around in the dark I feel something flying around.

I turn on the lights and discover that at night, the entire hive likes to relocate into the kitchen to stay warm. Bees covering every surface. A few nights later some else comes to stay in one of the other rooms in the house. I tell them "Stay out of the kitchen at night, there's bees." I think they thought I meant I saw A bee, so the first night they're there I'm woken up to shouts of "JESUS gently caress! WHAT IN THE loving HELL!!"

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

Mauser posted:

Every piece of media involving bees 20 years ago had the person wearing a giant suit and nobody seems to bother with that stuff anymore

Unsurprisingly beekeepers have preferred and selected for the most chill colonies which have also affected wild populations so bees are just generally a lot less aggressive today.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
When I was 16, I lived in my father's basement. One day I heard all this stomping going on upstairs, so I went to check it out. Our kitchen was swarming with bees. My dog was freaking out, my dad was freaking out. Just bees, bees, bees everywhere! Then all at once, WHOOSH no bees. Dead silence. My father, who had been stung like eight times now stood there panting, confused. I quickly took the dog out, so he wouldn't get his stupid butt stung. Then the bees came back, all at once. No bees, then thousands of bees. They stung us, then retreated. Suddenly no bees. It turns out there was a tiny hole in the ceiling, and the bees were like all coming out in waves then rushing back in. We duct-taped the hole shut and let the bees have the attic.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

credburn posted:

When I was 16, I lived in my father's basement. One day I heard all this stomping going on upstairs, so I went to check it out. Our kitchen was swarming with bees. My dog was freaking out, my dad was freaking out. Just bees, bees, bees everywhere! Then all at once, WHOOSH no bees. Dead silence. My father, who had been stung like eight times now stood there panting, confused. I quickly took the dog out, so he wouldn't get his stupid butt stung. Then the bees came back, all at once. No bees, then thousands of bees. They stung us, then retreated. Suddenly no bees. It turns out there was a tiny hole in the ceiling, and the bees were like all coming out in waves then rushing back in. We duct-taped the hole shut and let the bees have the attic.

All These Rooms Are Yours Except The Attic. Attempt No Entry There. Use Them Together. Use Them In Peace.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

greazeball posted:

Yeah, someone on imgur looked up the guy based on his shirt and he's a professional bee relocator, he's got a ton more videos on the company page: https://www.hinterlandbees.com/videos

On this page, he mentions that in Australia bees aren't aggressive, which just seems wrong based on everything I know about Australia. Also, some nutter let bees build a hive in their walls for five years before the neighbours started getting stung and the council demanded they get it removed

Australian has over 1700 species of native bees and most do have stings, but I've never heard of anyone getting hurt by them. It's always European honey bees.

e: We did have a "Africanised killer bee" scare back in the 80s, but nothing ever came of that.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 14:29 on Jan 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Over here it's invasive Asian hornets that are causing some trouble, stinging people if they feel that their nest is being threatened, and preying on local honey bees, which don't have the appropriate evolutionary defenses (yet). It's contributing to a decline in the bee population.