Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Samoa Talks doesn't work weekends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They tried for the first one. Cody vs. Sammy and Britt vs. Riho are big matches.

2 and 3 were very half-hearted and then after that, you're in the "second hour of Rampage" era and it's fully unimportant.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They probably don't put any extra effort into it because they don't get paid separately for it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really didn't expect Shayna Wayne to still be sticking around

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

They probably don't put any extra effort into it because they don't get paid separately for it.

I'm pretty sure they do, it was part of the deal that moved them to TBS. I think I remember asking SRS about it once and he said they get around 10 mil a year for it.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Shinjobi posted:

i ran into nick wayne a couple weeks back leaving the show in newark and while we were waiting for the elevator at the parking garage, i asked him what it's like to work with his mom like this and he said "really weird" and "i never thought in a million years that this would happen" so it seems like a bit of a surprise to him too lol

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm fine with the Copeland challenge as it's young guys that are in the low to low mid card so them getting time while losing is good for them. If it was like Daniel Garcia or Yuta than I'd be more mad as they should be 100% getting more wins and being moved up the card

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
let Adam and Jay have their Broodiverse

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

sometimes there’s an extra hour of aew, who tf cares!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay well the guys involved in that street fight sure did give a poo poo about it. Holy moly, they took some wild bumps at the end.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Shinjobi posted:

Anyone who's watched DEFY could've seen this coming. She was all over those loving shows when Nick was there.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
i thought the cope open was how tiny con started all of his tweets

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

i thought the cope open was how tiny con started all of his tweets

Photo of this post being written:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gumball Gumption posted:

Photo of this post being written:

The Peter Griffin beard.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
is nick aware that he doesn't need his mom's permission to wrestle now that he's 18

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

my favorite part of this thread is when once in a while someone wanders in, sees the 'aew hell thread' on the sign, ignores the sign then still proceeds to get weird when people are making GBS threads on aew for something they've done

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

my favorite part of this thread is when someone wanders in, sees the 'aew hell thread' on the sign, then still proceeds to get weird when people are making GBS threads on aew for something they've done

My favorite part is the folks who see "AEW Hell" and rub their hands together and go "I'm gonna give them hell all right"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man after watching Collision on my DVR, House Of Black vs. FTRcia is an awesome feud! AEW should have a trios division!

Oh wait...

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

My favorite part is the folks who see "AEW Hell" and rub their hands together and go "I'm gonna give them hell all right"

they’re heroes

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
That Collision main event was so good but it made me so mad that the trios titles have been completely wasted on the Acclaimed since August. Just absolute goober poo poo. Those belts are gonna need some real rehabbing once the Acclaimed finally drop em

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

apophenium posted:

That Collision main event was so good but it made me so mad that the trios titles have been completely wasted on the Acclaimed since August. Just absolute goober poo poo. Those belts are gonna need some real rehabbing once the Acclaimed finally drop em

Counter argument: perfect team to hold them until we all forget and we just throw them in the "things Punk hosed up" pile

Counter counter argument: HoB vs Death Triangle best of 7

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The Trios titles are a sacrifice to the sports entertainment gods.
Related: If I ever loved The Acclaimed before I sure don't now. Max Caster is a 34 year old 14 year old, Anthony Bowens sure is there and Billy Gunn is a 60 year old man doing his best but his best isn't as good as Sting's best.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 15, 2024

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Having a trios title is pretty Bloodline

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think Bowens has a great singles wrestler in him. Max has plateaued

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Having a trios title is pretty Bloodline

No it's not, trios matches kick loving rear end, and the fact that AEW theoretically has a trios division is one of the things that COULD more set them apart and be an alternative, which, when they embraced that, is when they were at their most successful.

But nope, they have to loving stagnate on the stale-rear end comedy act that was honestly never that great in the first place.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Acclaimed were fine until it just became the Billy Gunn act

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Yeah. Either way though they murdered the trios division, which used to be goddamn awesome and there is so much juice for a revitalized division if AEW committed to it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Orange Carlisle posted:

my favorite part of this thread is when once in a while someone wanders in, sees the 'aew hell thread' on the sign, ignores the sign then still proceeds to get weird when people are making GBS threads on aew for something they've done

The Hooter and Hollerers have TWO entire threads to do their thing, but they seek out this one!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

It had been fading for a while at that point but Billy Gunn not staying retired is when that act well and truly jumped the shark.

But yeah, seeing teams like House of Black, FTGaRcia, Top Flight + Andretti, the various Luchador combinations, but instead the belts are stuck on this shmuck comedy team that never defends them because one of them is a 78 year old man that can't move is real hosed up.

You know what really wrinkles my balls?

When the book is closed on both of their careers.

Billy Gunn will have held a championship in this company, but Dustin Rhodes won't.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
bless me forums, for i have sinned. it has been two weeks since my last collision.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

trios division sucked from day 1. there was never enough dedicated teams to have a division.

every once in a while there would be a fun 6 man tag match and the fans thought that meant there needed to be a dedicated division and belts because they watched a bad indie promotion a decade ago instead of it just being an occasional and informal treat

the fans were wrong, let’s throw both trios championships (truly insane that there are two) in the bin where they belong

if we’re going to Restore the Feeling we need to get back to the same number of championships as there were when we Had the Feeling

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if we’re going to Restore the Feeling we need to get back to the same number of championships as there were when we Had the Feeling

:hai:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

trios division sucked from day 1. there was never enough dedicated teams to have a division.

Nah. Not when Death Triangle/Elite best of seven is part of it.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

JUNGLE BOY posted:

every once in a while there would be a fun 6 man tag match and the fans thought that meant there needed to be a dedicated division and belts because they watched a bad indie promotion a decade ago instead of it just being an occasional and informal treat

the fans were wrong, let’s throw both trios championships (truly insane that there are two) in the bin where they belong

World Championship

Women's

Tag Team

International

TNT

:perfect:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Acclaimed kind of have the same problem that Ricky+Bill have, it's hard to be a good champion when there's nothing booked for you. I think Acclaimed had an impromptu match against Andretti+Top Flight, other than that I don't think they've done *anything*.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

FullMetalJackoff posted:

bless me forums, for i have sinned. it has been two weeks since my last collision.

You've missed so many jobber matches! This week we got the rare (but increasingly less so) Jobber vs. Jobber match!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Acclaimed seem to be moving towards a feud with the Bang Bang Gang. Hopefully Jay and the Gunns take the straps and then Billy Gunn can just retire.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

billy gunn leaving his boots in the ring and then just returning a month later was the perfect intersection of everything wrong with both the acclaimed and the house of black

like nothing happened to 90% of the people that got misted and malakai couldn’t even whisper an old fart into retirement for more than a month

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bill gunn should have turned goth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Skye Blue turned into the scooby doo van but then turned goth. Willow Nightingale had the eye but got better.