Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

maybe the mist was an analogy for covid. most people get better but occasionally someone gets long mist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wait, did some of you actually bite on the Billy boots?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Lore of the ‘Vid

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

i think most people just expected it to be literally anything besides “i’m retiring… nevermind i’m not retiring”

a heel turn, his sons getting involved, billy gunn presidential campaign. literally anything other than the worlds most boring fake retirement segment

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nobody who’s ever seen wrestling before could have believed he was done-done but they probably should have sold it for more than 5 minutes before having him do a big comeback.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
The mist brings out what's in your soul. Deep down, Skye Blue wants to be a minivan, but even deeper than that she wants to be a witch with Julia Hart. Willow has a nihilistic but ultimately upbeat and optimistic core so she mist didn't turn her.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mistery machine

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Tony!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Remember when Malakai beat Cody's rear end so hard that he started talking about retiring and tried to leave his own boots in the ring? Maybe the Billy Gunn thing was a play on that

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Remember when Malakai beat Cody's rear end so hard that he started talking about retiring and tried to leave his own boots in the ring? Maybe the Billy Gunn thing was a play on that

sometimes i want cody back but then i remember stuff like this

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Lore of the ‘Vid

worked ourselves into a shoot :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This was the beginning of the end for Cody.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gumball Gumption posted:

I ain't no Billy boot biter!

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Acclaimed seem to be moving towards a feud with the Bang Bang Gang. Hopefully Jay and the Gunns take the straps and then Billy Gunn can just retire.

I'm hoping BC wins the ROH trios on Wednesday and then they can unify with the acclaimed, two sets of trios titles is insane

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Jackie D posted:

I'm hoping BC wins the ROH trios on Wednesday and then they can unify with the acclaimed, two sets of trios titles is insane

maybe the first moment i realized how truly cooked tony was

putting the roh 6 man belts on the hung bucks for like a month with no intention of having them defend on an roh show lol 😮‍💨

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

maybe the first moment i realized how truly cooked tony was

putting the roh 6 man belts on the hung bucks for like a month with no intention of having them defend on an roh show lol 😮‍💨

Just like the ROH tag belts when MJF and Cole had them. :v:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

This was the beginning of the end for Cody.

Nah, the beginning of the end was Revolution 2021 in the ladder match.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the beginning of the end was giving himself that "won't ever challenge for the world title" clause right off the bat. dumb gently caress!

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Joey McChrist posted:

the beginning of the end was giving himself that "won't ever challenge for the world title" clause right off the bat. dumb gently caress!

The clause was fine. The "unwillingness to turn heel to cheat his way around that clause" was the problem. Cody turns heel, screws Hangman out of his title. Hangman has to chase him for several months to get it back.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Once upon a time, a very long time ago I saw an animation of a man getting murdered by a bear with shark arms.
Upon dying he approached the pearly gates, where a man in a brown robe awaited him in the distance. When he got close the man in the robe was once again, the bear with sharks for arms who again mauled him.

That immediately came to mind when I first saw the 'Cody leaves his boots in the ring' segment.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I still think the Acclaimed and Billy Gunn winning the Trio's titles at All in was a good move and the right choice. The mistake was not taking it off them shortly after cause it sure doesn't have any staying power

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The figure the bang-bang gang will take it at Revolution or something. This will be a decent upgrade but you're not going to get any genuine bangers when 2/3rds of your team is the Gunns.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Gunns are good

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Bullet Club Gold is challenging for the ROH Trios this week. Maybe they will win those and then the AEW ones and unify them. That's the only way I'd be okay with Jay White being stuck in a trios program

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jay as a trio champion is good for thr short term but really he should be primed to feud with Eddie for the Triple Crown and maybe have Gabe Kidd show up and make it a three way feud

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

There are a lot of people in AEW overqualified for where they are on the card. Jay is one of them. This isn't because they're getting looked over but rather because there are only so many places on top.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ChrisBTY posted:

There are a lot of people in AEW overqualified for where they are on the card. Jay is one of them. This isn't because they're getting looked over but rather because there are only so many places on top.

I'd just like them ON the card. We have loving Jay White hanging around while Willie Mack and Dustin Rhodes are getting a match on Collision.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Not sure where this goes, but Paul Walter Hauser, the guy who last year got beaten up and had his Golden Globe stolen by Jeff Jarrett, just won an Emmy and called out Matt Cardona and I believe at the end of his speech told Devon to get the tables.

He was also munching on something when he got called up to accept his Emmy and it's not like he was sitting at a table, just in a theater chair. Basically this guy owns.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If Tony was big brained enough to go after Jinder's title shot knowing the dumbass WWE fanbase would meme themselves into being legitimately mad when Seth won and cause them to turn on him that's absolutely hilarious.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

willie mack rules he should be on tv more often

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

If Tony was big brained enough to go after Jinder's title shot knowing the dumbass WWE fanbase would meme themselves into being legitimately mad when Seth won and cause them to turn on him that's absolutely hilarious.

I know WWE fans were getting a little tired of Seth's reign when he didn't drop to Drew, did they actually get mad that Jinder got hindered?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

I know WWE fans were getting a little tired of Seth's reign when he didn't drop to Drew, did they actually get mad that Jinder got hindered?

He's getting the "super Cena" treatment.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

He's getting the "super Cena" treatment.

Lol that company finally gets a world champ that shows up for work and they spit on him for it. Hard times, daddeh.

I for one will welcome Freakin' to AEW with open arms. I know I'm the only one.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

seth rollins could fit in the bang bang gang imo. same energy

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Never happen, he's a true believer

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jackie D posted:

cody was an aew true believer until he wasnt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jackie D posted:

He's a company man but I think he's gotten tired of working his rear end off while Roman sits at home for 75% of the year.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

Lol that company finally gets a world champ that shows up for work and they spit on him for it. Hard times, daddeh.

I for one will welcome Freakin' to AEW with open arms. I know I'm the only one.

i will be beside you as another seth liker.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm only allowing him to sign if he starts using Gods Last Gift again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Maude's Last Miffed (I Don't Know)