Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Barbenheimer-rear end houses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm gonna go with the painfully optimistic love lights in the bedroom:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to Burano, Italy:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Welcome to Burano, Italy:

Tiktok influencer heaven/hell.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm gonna go with the painfully optimistic love lights in the bedroom:

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

:perfect:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

:eyepop:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Now put on the Sweaty Overweight Jam

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

My thoughts exactly :buddy:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

originally from one of those Christian mommy bloggers, now bizarrely preserved on a shelving manufacturer website

https://www.sampsonind.com/bunk-bed-ideas.html

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Imagine having a nightmare and trying to get up quickly, only to immediately slam your skull into the bottom of a metal pallet rack because you have barely a foot of clearance.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All four have fallen out of bed more than once. I guarantee that.

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
could be worse. you could have to read jeremy clarksons book

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I think we're mostly all in favor of building Clarkson fans tight sleeping cubicles, and locking the door behind them.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

originally from one of those Christian mommy bloggers, now bizarrely preserved on a shelving manufacturer website

https://www.sampsonind.com/bunk-bed-ideas.html

Wtf is that wall / ceiling situation, is their room a cubicle?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

steinrokkan posted:

im assuming partially finished basement where they put up some 3/4 walls because good christian kids dont need privacy, privacy is for makin compacts with the devil

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I knew it reminded me of something

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

steinrokkan posted:

The ceiling and plywood floor make me think of a mobile office building or double wide trailer. It could potentially make sense for airflow if it's not a solid structure.

At first I was thinking like a cabin in the woods kind of thing where the kids might sleep one weekend every couple of months and didn't think it was terrible. But now I'm thinking more like survivalist bunker and it's weirding me out.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Found the source, those aren't even real bunk-beds but metal shelves.

quote:

Nine of our children share one moderately sized room. We have a 3rd bedroom in our house, but they begged us to let them turn it into a dedicated library and we agreed, glad to have clutter-catching bookcases gone from every other room of the house.

quote:

Like the other bedrooms in our house, the floor is unfinished. It's near the top of our list of things to do.

quote:

These are heavy duty pallet racks from Costco. Each shelf is rated for 2,000 lbs. (that's 8k lbs per unit) and they are the same dimension as navy bunks. For mattresses, we cut 3" memory foam into strips the width of the beds (a king makes 3 strips), then doubled them and sewed slipcovers out of sheets. Finally, we cut queen-sized comforters in half to make perfectly sized comforters in fun, coordinating colors.

Another blog post covers the strange walls:

quote:

Unlike many families, we had the privilege of laying out the floor plan in our house. We built it ourselves - with our own hands, that is; not in a call-the-contractor sort of way. We built this part of the house with a future addition in mind, so this is not the final structure; it's temporary, but not short term. We wanted to keep the cost low so we started small while trying to plan for the most efficient and practical use of the space we were creating.

quote:

I mentioned above that we intend to add on someday. We built this house for expansion: there are door headers hidden inside the walls to make it easy. Some of our interior walls were built to be temporary: those dividing the 2 children's bedrooms are only 8 feet high and don't reach the vaulted ceiling overhead. This adds to the open feeling, and when we add the Bedroom Wing those walls will come down to give us a nice big formal dining room.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Those poor kids.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Why would you need to cut queen size quilts in half, why not just buy singles??

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Both of my parents grew up in large catholic families. Each house only had 3 bedrooms, so whichever room you got was divided by gender. My dad only had 6 siblings and was the oldest so he slept in the families travel trailer in the yard as soon as he was able. My mom was unfortunately one of the youngest and had 11 siblings, so she shared a bed with 2 of her sisters for most of her childhood.

Chewbecca posted:

Probably cheaper

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chewbecca posted:

Queen probably costs less than two twins

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mother and Father get more closet space than the 8 kids combined.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
10 people living in the house sharing one bathroom, holy poo poo

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

King Carnivore posted:

10 people living in the house sharing one bathroom, holy poo poo

I bet it’s even a gender neutral bathroom, not sure how they cope with that

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Reminds me of that goon whose roommate has the bright idea to "add another bedroom" to their apartment by clumsily erecting some drywall across the kitchen (in an apartment they were renting)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

So they sleep Navy style.

That’s pretty hosed up to do to kids.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Lol had to open them side by side and I was shamed by my bad masking.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Dad only pumps out X chromosomes. I cannot imagine. I have two girls and I'm already planning of spending more time in the garage or outside in general when they hit the teenage years.

Also might as well get an industrial snake for those drains. So much hair...

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

steinrokkan posted:

Reminds me of that goon whose roommate has the bright idea to "add another bedroom" to their apartment by clumsily erecting some drywall across the kitchen (in an apartment they were renting)

And he wanted to sublet it, lol.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Crab Dad posted:

So they sleep Navy style.

That’s pretty hosed up to do to kids.

For real. The summer camp I worked at had more rackspace for the kids than that place. Insane.

There's an all-black house I walk by every day on the way to work, I've been meaning to get a picture of it. It's pretty tasteful, traditional almost-Victorian construction, just all black. With a yellow front door.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

steinrokkan posted:

This is an all-time

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

madmatt112 posted:

This is an all-time

Well justified gold :allears:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Jesus Christ, it's a uterus, not a clown car.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dienes posted:

Jesus Christ, it's a uterus, not a clown car.

There doesn't need to be a difference!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Yeah nothing like that is happening in that room.