Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Madkal posted:

I'm always amazed when people know actor's exact age. Usually it is about if the actor looks young or old for the character they are playing, not if the actor is young or old.

If my wife is on her phone when we're watching a movie there's a good chance she's looking up actor heights or ages or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Gologle posted:

Madam I don't care how sexy you make your voice I won't watch your movie

It's the bangs, right?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Anya Chalotra aka Yennefer from the Witcher has been cast as the voice of Circe in the supposedly DCU-canonical Creature Commandos animated series, which bodes well for the next Wonder Woman film that's definitely coming, for sure any decade now,

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

who the gently caress likes this song? I've never seen any movie go harder with a single song.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
It’s me. I like that song.

It’s also the theme song of the new season of True Detective. First episode aired last night.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Far from the worst cover of People Are Strange that exists but the song in general is a little overplayed at this point. The movie being about attractive actresses with Spider-Man-adjacent powers doesn't really help sell it much either. Should've used Veruca Salt or Ednaswap or any one of about twenty other half-remembered bands. Something with a little bite that we haven't heard a thousand times.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Inkspot posted:

Far from the worst cover of People Are Strange that exists but the song in general is a little overplayed at this point. The movie being about attractive actresses with Spider-Man-adjacent powers doesn't really help sell it much either. Should've used Veruca Salt or Ednaswap or any one of about twenty other half-remembered bands. Something with a little bite that we haven't heard a thousand times.

It’s not a Doors cover. It’s Bury a Friend by Billie Eilish.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
e: nm

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Look. Pop Pop isn't so good with music anymore. Rihanna did a lovely cover of Tainted Love and we're just gonna have to leave it at that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Inkspot posted:

Look. Pop Pop isn't so good with music anymore. Rihanna did a lovely cover of Tainted Love and we're just gonna have to leave it at that.

Don't worry, every Billie Eilish song sounds exactly the same to me and I have at one point in my life said to another human "What does this child know about life experiences???"

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Don't worry, every Billie Eilish song sounds exactly the same to me

I knew it was Billie Eilish but I thought it was a completely different song of hers so :same:

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
That song is in the trailers for Madame Web and Night Swim, which was funny when those trailers played back-to-back before Poor Things.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I too don't understands the music kids are into these days. I'm not even being snarky.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

live with fruit posted:

That song is in the trailers for Madame Web and Night Swim, which was funny when those trailers played back-to-back before Poor Things.

If you go to cined a poster who worked on the night swim trailer got mad at madem web for stealing it which tbh I would be mad too lol

Madam stinky rear end more like

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mad about 2 lovely movies.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gologle posted:

Madam I don't care how sexy you make your voice I won't watch your movie

I will probably end up watching it if it does have the first live action versions of the various spider women that is not just a vision. Which is totally what they're going to do, even if they have international posters that show all the women in their spider costumes, it won't be for much of the movie.

Soonmot posted:

I too don't understands the music kids are into these days. I'm not even being snarky.

I really don't understand contemporary hip hop. Beats are super tinny and vocals have no flow or even rhymes. It reminds me of early 2000s when hip hop was made to sell ringtones.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

It reminds me of early 2000s when hip hop was made to sell ringtones.

I wonder if there's an overlap between that logic and the logic of mixing for short TikTok clips

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
That crazy frog ringtone I purchased in 2001 was the best $29.99 I ever spent. I still use it today.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SlimGoodbody posted:

I wonder if there's an overlap between that logic and the logic of mixing for short TikTok clips

I just watched a vid about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS4r5tDxASE

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SlimGoodbody posted:

Soundcloud rappers all sounded like they were on ambian but they were kids in their bedrooms making stuff, so i can understand if you might not have the skills or gear to make something that sounds like 100 Miles and Running. But then mainstream stuff took the same aesthetic and its just crap.

Ah Gabi Belle is great. Her recent AirBnB video made me even more resolved to never stay in one ever.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I really don't understand contemporary hip hop. Beats are super tinny and vocals have no flow or even rhymes. It reminds me of early 2000s when hip hop was made to sell ringtones.

Can't stand that hippoty hop!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Both ringtone rap and the current Tiktokification of music where songs are less than two minutes and are basically all hook in the hope they go viral are real trends

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Shageletic posted:

Can't stand that hippoty hop!

Lmao that's literally exactly what my extremely religious old aunt used to say all the way back in the 90s. I mean straight up verbatim that phrase, hello Auntie Sharon, I didn't know you were a goon and I'm honestly a little surprised you're still even alive.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

Lmao that's literally exactly what my extremely religious old aunt used to say all the way back in the 90s. I mean straight up verbatim that phrase, hello Auntie Sharon, I didn't know you were a goon and I'm honestly a little surprised you're still even alive.

In my day you had nice music like that sweet man Frank Sumatra

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Both ringtone rap and the current Tiktokification of music where songs are less than two minutes and are basically all hook in the hope they go viral are real trends

The breadth and insane diversification in hip hop right now just makes me unable to comprehend this at all

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Shageletic posted:

In my day you had nice music like that sweet man Frank Sumatra

In my day we had Chuck D, MC Ren and ODB.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Its a wonderful rite of passage when a person slips into the generational "these kids and their music" outlook. It has existed since the invention of music, and will continue until the heat death of the universe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

And hundreds and hundreds more you don't remember because they weren't good.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Joe Fisto posted:

Its a wonderful rite of passage when a person slips into the generational "these kids and their music" outlook. It has existed since the invention of music, and will continue until the heat death of the universe.

that was about ten years ago for me, I think!

The funniest thing is that my teen years are now being used as historical settings more and more frequently. Both the new Goosebumps and Yellowjackets both get me going, "oh poo poo, I know that song!"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I dont want to be aggressive or anything ppl should like what they like. But unironically saying in my day officially takes you over the horizon to too old to understand modern music land.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I mean just look at the way jazz has melded with hip hop (Robert Glasper for example), women coming to the fore and taking it over (don't even have to look at the mainstream stuff, just started listening to Noname, here's a cool track https://open.spotify.com/track/7thhWP37F1tHFcrnwLNaao?si=jxRknlQrSMmFCpQIEuN7HQ), rap from around world, specifically Africa, the way its been embraced and innovated by people from the margins, gay, non binary, etc....it's never been a more exciting time to be a fan in my opinion.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Soonmot posted:

The funniest thing is that my teen years are now being used as historical settings more and more frequently. Both the new Goosebumps and Yellowjackets both get me going, "oh poo poo, I know that song!"

I used to complain about how all nostalgia bait media is 80s based so I am glad that Yellowjackets and Fear Street 1994 exist. Time for the 90s to shine again.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Soonmot posted:

That was me about fifteen years ago, yeah, but then I realized I was being a miserable old poop and now I love Taylor Swift!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Blockhouse posted:

[...] where songs are less than two minutes and are basically all hook in the hope they go viral are real trends

Meatloaf is making music again?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bruceski posted:

Meatloaf would never make a 2 minute song. That would be like, the length of the chorus.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bruceski posted:

That's literally like the opposite of Meat Loaf. All his stuff is like 9 minute plus labyrinthian opera disguised as pop and rock. Jim Steinman wouldn't be caught dead writing a two minute song.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Codependent Poster posted:

Meatloaf would never make a 2 minute song. That would be like, the length of the chorus.

I mean, in the case of I Would Do Anything For Love that's literally just the intro to the song before Meat even starts singing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Codependent Poster posted:

Meatloaf would never make a 2 minute song..

Mostly due to the fact he’s dead

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

CelticPredator posted:

Mostly due to the fact he’s dead

more like deadmeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

X-O posted:

That's literally like the opposite of Meat Loaf. All his stuff is like 9 minute plus labyrinthian opera disguised as pop and rock. Jim Steinman wouldn't be caught dead writing a two minute song.

I was more focused on the hook. I Would Do Anything for Love is a banger of a hook that then circles the parking lot until it has an excuse to hit it again.