Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Kojima drove up to my house in a 1989 Bentley and called me a small-dick shrimp for my performance in MGS4. 4/5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Kojima drove up to my house in a 1989 Bentley and called me a small-dick shrimp for my performance in MGS4. 4/5.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

lmfao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Wormskull posted:

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
FF Origins: Strangers of Paradise. Really good, could see why people would be salty about it if they payed full price on release, but picked it up on sale and definetly worth it. the combat is good and surprisingly the story turned out to be really cool as well given the reception of the game when it was first shown. also found it genuinely funny as well. maybe ill go back for the dlc sometime

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3. Dusk (normal mode). Episode 1 of this starts kinda slow - simple level design, a little too many open arenas where you just serious sam around and light up dogs. But ep2 & ep3 really kick rear end, better enemy variety & placement, excellent level design that elegantly jumps between cramped castle dives and open air sprawls. theres also a handful of cleverly crafted gimmick levels sprinkled throughout. great enemy design, i hated the drat dog go carts lmfao. what an insane idea for a hyper pinkie type. its cool that they wait until the last like 6 levels to add Cacodemons but theyre real bastards once they do. it was probably too easy on Normal but im glad i played through it to check it all out, i may just pick at random levels now on Hard from level select and try to find all the secrets etc. the only weapon i never really liked is the grenade launcher, i never got a handle on the firing arc really. the hunting rifle felt sick, and i really loved the Riveter. fun game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh yeah i hugely appreciated, after playing many many doom wads, that no level ever outstays its welcome. this guy made 33 maps that are all like 5-15 minutes long. i know im gonna replay it and theres basically not a single level that i will dread to revisit or anything. theyre all snappy and clean.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Dusk ftw. Perfectly captures that old school DOOM/Quake vibe. Might be time for a replay...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

3. Dusk (normal mode). Episode 1 of this starts kinda slow - simple level design, a little too many open arenas where you just serious sam around and light up dogs. But ep2 & ep3 really kick rear end, better enemy variety & placement, excellent level design that elegantly jumps between cramped castle dives and open air sprawls. theres also a handful of cleverly crafted gimmick levels sprinkled throughout. great enemy design, i hated the drat dog go carts lmfao. what an insane idea for a hyper pinkie type. its cool that they wait until the last like 6 levels to add Cacodemons but theyre real bastards once they do. it was probably too easy on Normal but im glad i played through it to check it all out, i may just pick at random levels now on Hard from level select and try to find all the secrets etc. the only weapon i never really liked is the grenade launcher, i never got a handle on the firing arc really. the hunting rifle felt sick, and i really loved the Riveter. fun game.

Dude where the gently caress do you find the time for this poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Dude where the gently caress do you find the time for this poo poo.

It's like a 6 hour game that I've been playing for like a week and a half.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

you should try pistol start mode, i did a playthru of that and it was a neat way to revisit it. i reinstalled it last month to check out the dusk hd thing and new weapon, but decided to spice it up by trying cero miedo and it was pretty annoying. i coulda sworn i beat it on that difficulty but i hated it so much when i tried just now that i didnt bother after beating the first chapter.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You named like a dozen games you started this week dude. Show me your time machine/chronomantic artifact or else.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

1) Cave Story- Normal Ending

Awesome game. Great music, good pixels, and I liked how it rewards exploration while still being mainly linear. I'll come back for the good end someday.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
save curly brace now or perish

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

You named like a dozen games you started this week dude. Show me your time machine/chronomantic artifact or else.

I wish...I used to game way more. My GG is here, I think I judt been finishing multiple longer games this month since I had the holiday break to nolife my balls off on DQ. https://ggapp.io/InTraining

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

3) Lego Jurassic World - played with my kid. we had a lot of fun, gonna play mario 3d world next

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Tetris Effect Connected
2. Alan Wake 2
3. Mega Man
4. Mega Man 2
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
7. Crash Bandicoot: Warped
8. Crash 4: It's About Time
9. Super Mario Bros Wonder
10. Super Mario RPG

Always nice to play an RPG that just goes and doesn't take like 60 hours to finish. Will probably play Pikmin 4 next.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

ive played like 6 hours of botw this year and I've been on holidays for over a week. i loving hate him

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Shadow Complex, joke ending

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
1. cave story normal ending

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I finally get my 14 year old LoL account to 30 can I count it as beaten.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull posted:

When I finally get my 14 year old LoL account to 30 can I count it as beaten.

You need to win a 3v5 with teemo and rammus teammates to call that game beaten.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

You need to win a 3v5 with teemo and rammus teammates to call that game beaten.

Will do.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

dusk ftw. the boss thats just the newblood president doing a terrible arnie impression ftw

i hope it gets an expansion or sequel, theres definitely some act 2 levels i disagreed with lol but the dev knows what makes doom/quake good

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

4. Cave Story (good ending)

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Like a Dragon: Ishin! - 4/5. Very enjoyable side game that feels like everyone in the Yakuzaverse came together to put on a play for U. If you're like me and playing thru the series from 0, this will absolutely hit.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Like a Dragon: Ishin! - 4/5. Very enjoyable side game that feels like everyone in the Yakuzaverse came together to put on a play for U. If you're like me and playing thru the series from 0, this will absolutely hit.

you're almost caught up in time for 8

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

extremebuff posted:

dusk ftw. the boss thats just the newblood president doing a terrible arnie impression ftw

i hope it gets an expansion or sequel, theres definitely some act 2 levels i disagreed with lol but the dev knows what makes doom/quake good

they just added a big john fight to ultrakill too if you've played that one. really all the new blood fps games have been awesome, I hope they keep it up

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
imho ultrakill > dusk > amid evil

those are the only ones ive played. amid evil is cool tho but its a bit tiring, the enemies are annoying often enough. looks rad.

ive stopped recommending ultrakill due to how insufferable every fan of it ive come across is

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I loved Amid Evil, need to get the DLC sometime. On a big FPS kick right now since I'm almost done with Black Mesa

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ArfJason posted:

imho ultrakill > dusk > amid evil

those are the only ones ive played. amid evil is cool tho but its a bit tiring, the enemies are annoying often enough. looks rad.

ive stopped recommending ultrakill due to how insufferable every fan of it ive come across is

its a shockingly annoying fanbase and even thats kinda generous. like warn people about before hand

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I loved Amid Evil, need to get the DLC sometime. On a big FPS kick right now since I'm almost done with Black Mesa

its good but I think I liked the base game better. if youre just getting back fps after a while it's an awesome time because you've probably got like months of games to play

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

metroid dread (hard mode). still a really good game but theres some annoying poo poo in there. never wnt to fight another chozo soldier again lol. basic movement feels really good though and the bosses are fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have Amongst Evil in my steam library as well and will give it a whirl. I think there must have been a boomer shooter humble bundle or something for me to have all these keys.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I have Amongst Evil in my steam library as well and will give it a whirl. I think there must have been a boomer shooter humble bundle or something for me to have all these keys.

ther was it was the only bundle ive bought in years

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

whomst evil

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Ultrakill is neat but I don't understand why its fans are so weird about it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

Ultrakill is neat but I don't understand why its fans are so weird about it.

it's more popular than the rest of the genre combined with an order of magnitude on top of that. The fans aren't weird the fans are....*shudder* normies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

lol

prodeus is good but might be too modernised for some tas tes