Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Grundulum posted:

Someone with artistic talent should make a crossover between :tipshat: and :eng101: or :science:. Could call the new one “killjoy”.

:actually:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://x.com/cnviolations/status/1746553607443353890?s=20

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
https://x.com/DanWGME/status/1746233131592765553?s=20

Record high tides and storm surges have been impacting much of southern Maine over the weekend

A place we rented out there two years ago ended up about 2 feet underwater and reportedly shifted 3 feet

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Lmao

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Those shacks were no angels.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
a more fitting analogy for mcdermott would be "was 9/11 postponed because of weather? no they went out there got the win"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

hobbez posted:

Record high tides and storm surges have been impacting much of southern Maine over the weekend

A place we rented out there two years ago ended up about 2 feet underwater and reportedly shifted 3 feet

This needs My Heart Will Go On in the background

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

a more fitting analogy for mcdermott would be "was 9/11 postponed because of weather? no they went out there got the win"
:drat:

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
https://www.ercot.com/gridmktinfo/dashboards/supplyanddemand

Ercot demand jumping with avail supply dropping. Right now forecast tomorrow morning to be in deficit..

I'd watch MISO South for Louisiana folks as well, I don't trust either of these grids. Natural gas in Louisiana rallied 400% on Friday, so market is fearful of salt cavern operability and supply losses

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
It's 50 degrees in my house, how much more power should I conserve

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Dog Case posted:

It's 50 degrees in my house, how much more power should I conserve

Please report to your nearest millionaire's house so they may utilize your body heat directly

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I am playing lots of world of warcraft, this heats up my office nice and toasty, go go 4070

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Grundulum posted:

Someone with artistic talent should make a crossover between :tipshat: and :eng101: or :science:. Could call the new one “killjoy”.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

No ring

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

hobbez posted:

There's not anybody in there, yes?

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

remembering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOZYe1ewsMM

from this year’s glacial melt in Alaska

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Scarabrae posted:

I am playing lots of world of warcraft, this heats up my office nice and toasty, go go 4070

wow could run on an SNES, how is it putting out heat

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I run folding at home to keep my basement warm.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

i say swears online posted:

wow could run on an SNES, how is it putting out heat

4k monitor, 4070 hovers around 62C

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
melting the last glaciers by running burnout 3: takedown at 4k120

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

lol the models here were so awful with snowfall that none of the stations wanted to repeat what the NWS said since they were afraid they'd be wrong.
anyhow the whole region just got a shock that we're getting a little less than a foot overnight updated from 1-2".

GFS absolutely nailed this one

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There's not anybody in there, yes?

I don’t think so, no.

Pretty sure it was a beloved local fish shack/restaurant

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

MLK Ultra posted:

lol the models here were so awful with snowfall that none of the stations wanted to repeat what the NWS said since they were afraid they'd be wrong.
anyhow the whole region just got a shock that we're getting a little less than a foot overnight updated from 1-2".

GFS absolutely nailed this one

I finally believe in the modeling crisis.

gonna get some rain when it's 2 degrees and been snowing all day

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Unless posted:

remembering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOZYe1ewsMM

from this year’s glacial melt in Alaska

my old coworker had just bought her condo in that brick building like six months before this. insurance covered nothing

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Houston is finally freezing a nothing burger, centerpoint outage map only shows a couple of thousand folks without electricity somewhere in the Southwest boondocks. ERCOT statements as expected, even if they bear no connection to how severe things may or may not be:

https://www.chron.com/weather/article/ercot-energy-conservation-texas-18608343.php

"The appeal does not indicate the grid is experiencing emergency conditions, but officials are concerned about low power reserves."

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
I am begging the models to figure out what’s going on tomorrow

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ed Rendell Was Right

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
two years in Tennessee and I saw an inch of snow tops, and a month after I move out they get blasted with 6 inches. i feel ripped off

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

SixteenShells posted:

two years in Tennessee and I saw an inch of snow tops, and a month after I move out they get blasted with 6 inches. i feel ripped off

The valley ended up getting more snow than Sevierville.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

hey let’s get a “where were you during the great blizzard of 92” round going again

I was in alabama it was pretty awesome my neighbor and I built tunnels under the 3ish feet of snow

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

i am harry posted:

hey let’s get a “where were you during the great blizzard of 92” round going again

I was in alabama it was pretty awesome my neighbor and I built tunnels under the 3ish feet of snow

i was in west-central pa and man those were some very fun snow days

snow tunnels were just the beginning of what architectural feats were accomplished

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Chattanooga. I remember taking a step off my front porch, miscalculating how deep the snow was, and faceplaning 2 ft under.

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

30 miles east of pittsburgh. the snow tunnels led to an igloo that has been unmatched since

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

i am harry posted:

Buffalo. So I probably didn't even notice it was an unusual blizzard.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
NE of Atlanta I remember the snow blowing so hard and thick that from the back of my yard where the swing set was that I couldn’t see the house at all.

today was a wash, barely any rain, no snow, just biting wind. boo!!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

what was the blizzard of 92? I get a blizzard like once a year at this point I think, since the Lake stays warm until january now and once real cold comes.. well, snow happens.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I think it had something to do with mt st helen erupting.

all the young trees in the woods were bent down from the weight of the snow, they looked like hair in a combover

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Nice to see snow back in philly. things are returning to normal i believe

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

i am harry posted:

I think it had something to do with mt st helen erupting.

all the young trees in the woods were bent down from the weight of the snow, they looked like hair in a combover

Think you are referring to mt. pinatubo, mt. st. helens erupted in 1980

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

hell yeah I was

quote:

The effects of the 1991 eruption were felt worldwide. It erupted roughly 10 billion tonnes (1.1×1010 short tons) or 10 km3 (2.4 cu mi) of magma, and 20 million tonnes (22 million short tons) of SO
2, bringing vast quantities of minerals and toxic metals to the surface environment. It ejected more particulate into the stratosphere than any eruption since Krakatoa in 1883. Over the following months, the aerosols formed a global layer of sulfuric acid haze. Global temperatures dropped by about 0.5 °C (0.9 °F) in the years 1991–1993,[9] and ozone depletion temporarily saw a substantial increase