Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

And they're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

I also think that some mods genuinely believe that the permabanned aren't people lol. Larry, CKF, Smarxist, Numbers GUy, etc. say whatever you want to them. THey can't post and therefore the Rules Based Posting Order does not apply to them

yeah, i kind of interpreted it that way which is why i made the sad thread. but maybe they were just protecting one of their freak celebrities. i didnt know that poster was already famous for being lovely.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DaysBefore posted:

I also think that some mods genuinely believe that the permabanned aren't people lol. Larry, CKF, Smarxist, Numbers GUy, etc. say whatever you want to them. THey can't post and therefore the Rules Based Posting Order does not apply to them

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

idk if they were even protecting anyone. they got mad at being told they were very stupid and bad and decided not to listen to anyone who doesn't post in gbs a while ago

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I think only reason fluff didn't permaban chinatown when he saw the sad thread was that the chain probe took up the first page and a half of chinatown's rap sheet so fluff didn't see their own permaban ultimatum lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
"die you homo" turning out to be wrastlermonkey's operating principle is pretty funny ngl

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cančt blame the big guy on this one tbh, he did the right thing once it was pointed out. Fluffdaddy continues to be ftw

speng31b
May 8, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Canèt blame the big guy on this one tbh, he did the right thing once it was pointed out. Fluffdaddy continues to be ftw

yeah he did but this still seems hosed up

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

make another sad thread

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Al! posted:

"die you homo" turning out to be wrastlermonkey's operating principle is pretty funny ngl

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

speng31b posted:

i dont think it's that devious, most of the admins simply don't spend enough time on the site to get deeply embedded in the rich and nuanced fabric of day to day drama. and the exception is fluff, who is consistent, but also seems pretty tired of dealing with insane crap he doesnt personally care about (a not unreasonable position).

whenever we tried to have a "politics admin" that ended horribly with vyelkin signing off his tenure by saying "he doesn't think anyone should try to be a politics admin, but just think of themselves as a site admin in general" which is a nice sentiment but based on historic patterns makes me feel like we probably won't ever have a long term admin who is particularly "engaged" with the politics parts of the site, even if they don't view themselves as a "politics admin."

he's hillarymad and politics brained

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

mawarannahr posted:

I love politics

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

we all are

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I just think they're neat

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

quote:

degenerate trash now runs cspam, sorry op :sad:

this true!?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

always has been

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

🤔

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Degenerate huh

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

building bookshelves, it's not very fun but I'll be glad when it's finished. got the ingredients together to make like a week's worth of beef n' mushroom stew

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I will be politics admin, I have solved the riddle of steel

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i will be politics admin and regenerate cspam

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I will not be the politics admin

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Degenerate huh

He has new drone targets.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

speng31b posted:

yeah he did but this still seems hosed up

I also PMed Jeffrey about it five days ago lol he didn't reply so maybe he just didn't read it or didn't care, but I figured the post was beyond the pale enough that if I were an admin I would've wanted to know about it...

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

let’s all pm jeffrey

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Al! posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
dsa thread is gold

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
how can that be, no one posts in it.... ohhh 100 new posts lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i want to join the dsa now

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I'm going to join some irrelevant communist party in Belgium where the real work is being done

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

tristeham posted:

dsa thread is gold

Thank you for drawing attention to it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Mr Hootington posted:

Thank you for drawing attention to it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

i want to join the dsa now

yeah I thought this, once

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DaysBefore posted:

Degenerate huh

yeah always thought that word was a red flag but goons love it

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Al! posted:

lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Fuckin' $400 for a month's supply of the only brand of insulin my pretend insurance will pretend to cover. (My long-acting insulin was $70, which is at least manageable.) And another $450 if I want to keep taking Jardiance, but down from $600 so I guess that's progress.

Got a manufacturer's discount thing that will allegedly bring that down to the $35 we've apparently decide is what insulin should actually cost (instead of the Much Less Than That that it actually costs to manufacture) but the last time I tried that with this brand they rejected it because gently caress me and my high-deductible pretend insurance I guess.

I don't really need my kidneys to work, right?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

docbeard posted:

Fuckin' $400 for a month's supply of the only brand of insulin my pretend insurance will pretend to cover. (My long-acting insulin was $70, which is at least manageable.) And another $450 if I want to keep taking Jardiance, but down from $600 so I guess that's progress.

Got a manufacturer's discount thing that will allegedly bring that down to the $35 we've apparently decide is what insulin should actually cost (instead of the Much Less Than That that it actually costs to manufacture) but the last time I tried that with this brand they rejected it because gently caress me and my high-deductible pretend insurance I guess.

I don't really need my kidneys to work, right?

New year, new $5,000 deductibles. It's the only system imaginable.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
like ive previously advised, find someone who will bill you for the deductible, then dont pay that bill and youve technically met your deductible for the year. a pointless er visit should do nicely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
you have to admit numbers poster has a unique gimmick and a recognizable brand and theyre sticking with it