Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Arc Hammer posted:

I will gladly cop to thos of it means more making GBS threads on Steven Moffat.

"Because he's the Doctor!" (dies)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Joe Pera rules. Conner O’Malley is a great foil to Joe's calm nature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktVIQZ7tiag

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Joe Pera owns, and it sucks his show wasn’t renewed

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Carpet posted:

It's 90 minutes of an old Finnish man killing Nazis with practical effects, so yeah it's pretty good.

Those poor Nazis, what did they ever do to him? :(

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Joe Pera owns, and it sucks his show wasn’t renewed

We can’t have nice things

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Joe’s new standup special is really good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_97zE4GRZk

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Not to steal someone else's bit, but RIP to Gus from Joe Pera Talks With You.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

we watching Trudy Tective 4 in this piece???

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
When it's all out

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I was thinking to watch it today, but I feel like if it ultimately turns out to be bad getting baited by true detective for the third fuckin time would forever mark me as a ding dong

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I was thinking to watch it today, but I feel like if it ultimately turns out to be bad getting baited by true detective for the third fuckin time would forever mark me as a ding dong

Pizzacolo (sp??) is a master baiter

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I watched it last night. It was fine I guess. Jodie Foster is good in it but that shouldn't be remotely surprising.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Watched the premiere last night. It's a very cold feeling show. Kinda like The Thing in that way, but it's a crime drama.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Though known primarily by South Park making fun of its trailer, Rob Schneider's The Animal is a really great film.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I will probably watch it week to week. It’s gonna replace The Curse. I have a suspicion it’s gonna be so-so however.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mysterious frankie posted:

I will probably watch it week to week. It’s gonna replace The Curse. I have a suspicion it’s gonna be so-so however.
I think the reviews said it was the best season since the first one, though I doubt it'll be that good. The first one is a classic.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

I will gladly cop to this if it means more making GBS threads on Steven Moffat.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watched "May December". Saw this described as "disturbing" a bunch, and I mostly just found it mildly depressing. I even thought it was a little bit hopeful that this poor bastard might get his life back now in the end.

I did very much like the ending reveal that the movie is just gonna be total ham-fisted trash

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

I think the reviews said it was the best season since the first one, though I doubt it'll be that good. The first one is a classic.

Nice! I’d love to be wrong, and I thought season three was decent (though I can’t tell you what the plot was).

I’ve sometimes considered going back to season two and watching it again, to see if there’s anything there, but my memories of it are extremely unfavorable and it’s hard to work up the gumption.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I watched it last night. It was fine I guess. Jodie Foster is good in it but that shouldn't be remotely surprising.

Finding out that Foster has terminal boomer brain was super depressing

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Didn't realise it had come out so im going to watch it now :cheers:

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Meat Wagon posted:

Didn't realise it had come out so im going to watch it now :cheers:

Awesome, my girlfriend hated it but thought Colleen Haskell's performance was adorable. It had a lot of callbacks to Happy Madison films including Adam Sandler cameoing as the you can do it guy and im pretty sure they put in Original Pranksta during one of the montages solely because it includes the you can do it quote. Its a real fun time though, youll all like it. :)

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 15, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

just watched it, thought it stank

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I might watch fargo instead. It's almost over right. Sorry jodie foster but you're no jon hamm

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

priznat posted:

We can’t have nice things

As much as I want more, I’m also kind of relieved it ended. Slowly but surely Joe’s placid life was being upended not just by his grandma dying, but also Sarah’s issues (which I don’t think he was handling well; buying her land sort of felt like enabling), and this growing overall realization that the world isn’t doing so well outside of Marquette (it seems like a temperature check how, in episode one, Joe and Gene’s project is suing one another to see how the legal system works as a goof, and in season three Gene is working on a hundred year plan to save humanity, and as silly as it is it doesn’t seem so much like a goof as an attempt to assert some sense of control). I really like everyone in that show and now they don’t have to keep ambling toward a confrontation with reality.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Kingo Ligma posted:

I actually knew an answer this time. Feel kind of bad about that.

I knew the CORRECT answer for the one about what does Picard say at the end of Encounter at Farpoint. Rich Evans should not have allowed those points. :colbert:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Kingo Ligma posted:

Finding out that Foster has terminal boomer brain was super depressing

Go on.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

I’ve sometimes considered going back to season two and watching it again, to see if there’s anything there, but my memories of it are extremely unfavorable and it’s hard to work up the gumption.

in retrospect my viewing of td s1 to td s2 was probably akin to going from watching star wars 4-6 to watching phantom menace in terms of the sheer quality whiplash. I'm never going to revisit it though because nothing will beat watching it live and making dumb jokes with other people as we all slowly realized it was schlock

kalel fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 15, 2024

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

a good host would have asked for mike to finish the quote, but jay constantly being clueless and screwing things up is probably my favorite part of the bit

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

George H.W. oval office posted:

Joe Pera rules. Conner O’Malley is a great foil to Joe's calm nature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktVIQZ7tiag

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If it's what I'm thinking of, there was an article that came out recently that Jodie Foster said she thinks Gen Zers are annoying to work with.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

she made a joke about how gen z needs to relax and go to work on time and learn to spell. i hope she gets cancelled forever for this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hackers film 1995 posted:

she made a joke about how gen z needs to relax and go to work on time and learn to spell. i hope she gets cancelled forever for this

we have to k*ll her, for this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

Jodie Foster said she thinks Gen Zers are annoying to work with.

shes right

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

do you think she'd be impressed if I shot joe biden?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

do you think she'd be impressed if I shot joe biden?

genuine lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I watched Audition because of the recent Miike chat. Not a criticism, but I’ve never been able to stomach that kind of graphic sadism in movies.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

the schneider thread in CD is flipping out about this

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I thought it was ok. I like the setting and the atmosphere but I'm not really feeling the main mystery or any of the characters so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Cubone posted:

the schneider thread in CD is flipping out about this

“I think what audiences are responding to is that I understand the rules of The Animal - not necessarily better than anyone else - but better than a normal filmmaker would. After doing 'Watchmen' and digging that deep into the why of gross out comedy, when The Animal is presented to you, I felt like I was in a unique position to say 'I get this guy. I know what this is.'”

- zack schneider