Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Glad it won't be an expensive format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

did they need time to like, think this one up between twist seasons?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
That format stinks of “whoever gets on board first wins.” The AOE is absolutely awful — most of it does 2 damage, with a few things that deal 3 like Hellfire and Arcanosaur(!).

That being the case, I’d look for strong proactive linear strategies to be dominant here.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Nobody can accuse them of using twist to money grab this month at least.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Secret Beast Hunter, Baby. All aboard the gravy train.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

One thing I don't get about that rouge/dh rush elemental that gains your weapon's stats; when it dies do you reequip the weapon or does it go into your hand?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It re-equips, in the exact state it was in when it was taken. Battlecries and deathrattles don’t trigger.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Someone just sent me a friend request and then went offline and either my deck tracker was down or ???

is one of you XDD#11111 ?

I cannot find a game against this person

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

bravesword posted:

My instinct is that Brann is nuts, but maybe the tempo loss/costs of going Highlander are more severe than I’m thinking. Warrior doesn’t exactly have tons of meaningful battlecries right now, since Odyn no longer stacks — it’s basically Astalor for two months and some miscellaneous value plays like Stoneskin Armorer and Steam Guardian. (There’s also the Ox, but going Highlander makes it more difficult to excavate consistently and there’s not a lot of cards that can deal with two 8-drops but not four.)
It would be a busted card on a lot of classes but not on warrior I think due to lack of many great battlecries. Also warrior needs some spells and poo poo to survive into late game, and every spell you include hurts the deck due to less battlecries. So I think you will end up with a mediocre deck that relies on pulling the card to win and even then you might not get great value depending on your draws. The more you make the deck able to survive without drawing this card, the less valuable this card becomes.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Desert Bus posted:

Someone just sent me a friend request and then went offline and either my deck tracker was down or ???

is one of you XDD#11111 ?

I cannot find a game against this person

They got back to me and insulted me in broken English and Mandarin that doesn't easily Google translate.

roughly:

"I hope you and your family die rear end in a top hat. Something about your mom."

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Thaddius sludgelock is my favorite deck right now. I swear, it would be tier one if the animations were faster.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What list are you using?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

RatHat posted:

What list are you using?

### thwd
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Chaotic Consumption
# 2x (1) Felstring Harp
# 2x (1) Fracking
# 1x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (1) Spirit Bomb
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (3) Furnace Fuel
# 2x (3) Hellfire
# 2x (3) Plague Eruption
# 2x (3) Scourge Supplies
# 2x (3) Silvermoon Arcanist
# 2x (3) Sludge on Wheels
# 2x (5) Amorphous Slime
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (10) Thaddius, Monstrosity
#
AAECAcn1AgSoigTlsATCpQXTngYNj58EsZ8EpZIFhZMFnaQFxaQF9MYF7v0Fl5cGhJ4GxJ4G16IG96MGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I've been thinking about cutting something for Tome Tampering, but I don't know what yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is that enough sludges with just 2 Sludge on Wheels?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RatHat posted:

Is that enough sludges with just 2 Sludge on Wheels?

its an otk deck, you generate 4-6 sludges by playing them both and popping Eruption (2 instances of damage) and Hellfire, then you bring out the Arcanists and play every single sludge dealing 6-8 damage each

Thaddius makes everything is free because its all Odd costed at 3 or less.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
More than enough sludges. You lose because of the duration of the animations (at least on mobile) not because of a lack of damage. Or sometimes they rat your Thad. Probably half of my losses are because I can't play cards fast enough due to boomer apm and animations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I wonder what the hunter package is going to be, since all the cards are coming out today. Hopefully some more aggressive deathrattle stuff, it's so close to being a serious competitive deck

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Alright - Jumbuck#1346 (on NA)

Hey if you got banned and can't read my replies here's a copy paste. I 100% think that this is not on you. The more I read the more your name looks A-OK

ok i just saw this and i did the googles cause i like you and don't think you're awful
and the BEST i can come up with and Google is not backing me on this but MAYBE they thought you were insulting indigenous australians somehow?
ok so i can't find ANYTHING so i reached out to a friend who has a phd based on fixing the alt-right. if anyone can recognize a slur they can
https://www.macquariedictionary.com.au/blog/article/836/
the deeper i go the more confused i am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waltzing_Matilda
MAYBE it's in a song that is possibly racist?

I will update once my doctor friend gets back to me

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

What

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Jumbuck got reported cause their name is "racist" lol

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

And I went on an Autistic deep dive which has led me to the conclusion their accuser is an idiot or maybe from the 1800's.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Well carry on then

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Tin Tim posted:

Well carry on then

I have a lot of time on my hands. Too much. Chasing down imagined racism and the cause is a lot of fun. I am only good at HS cause I have reasons to be deep into marginalized communities.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mage Secret: at the start of your turn summon a copy of your highest cost minion

Mage/Hunter 5 mana 5/5 elementa/naga: costs 1 less for each spell cast while in your hand

Maga/Hunter 3 mana spell: summon an elemental companion (Me'Sho, 4/4 can't be targeted; Hiffar, 4/2 your spells cost 1 less; Luekk, 2/4 spell damage +2)

so far it seems pretty garbage although the 5/5 will probably see play at some point, if not immediately

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Desert Bus posted:

I have a lot of time on my hands. Too much. Chasing down imagined racism and the cause is a lot of fun. I am only good at HS cause I have reasons to be deep into marginalized communities.

What

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I'm a crazy person and i've spent way way too much time trying to figure out a thing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that person's rap sheet is empty?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

New class?

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Mage Secret: at the start of your turn summon a copy of your highest cost minion

Mage/Hunter 5 mana 5/5 elementa/naga: costs 1 less for each spell cast while in your hand

Maga/Hunter 3 mana spell: summon an elemental companion (Me'Sho, 4/4 can't be targeted; Hiffar, 4/2 your spells cost 1 less; Luekk, 2/4 spell damage +2)

so far it seems pretty garbage although the 5/5 will probably see play at some point, if not immediately

5/5 naga sounds like nice thing to have in arcane hunter

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

companions will be busted some day, look out after rotation

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

looks like paladin/shaman are getting a legendary excavate tomorrow

neat

e: technically I guess it could be only for shaman with the shaman/warrior dual-class

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 15, 2024

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

flatluigi posted:

that person's rap sheet is empty?

Blizzard probably ignored the report cause it's apparently insane.

EDIT: oh you mean on here? I never doubted they were decent i'm just trying to figure out wtf their Rage Add was getting at.

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 15, 2024

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Desert Bus posted:

I'm a crazy person and i've spent way way too much time trying to figure out a thing

Thanks for looking into it. I wasn't banned, some guy named "NinjaTurtle" got salty that he lost a casual match against me (I used a mech Rogue deck with Nozdormu substituted in for a quick win or loss for the quest). He friended me then said he reported me for having an inappropriate name and immediately unfriended me. My name (Jumbuck#1346 for anyone who wants to add me) is just a term for an Australian sheep, a play on my last name Lamb. I was just wondering if there was anything possibly offensive about it or he was just being a trolling sore loser.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

OK yeah that guy is a jerk. I had fun trying to figure out WTF but no, just an idiot.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

If "Jumbuck" is racist then those racists are high level and using new words and terms no one gets. It's fun to get into an insane person's head but you can't really expect to come out with the same results.

I'm REALLY curious but I'll wait for their next rage add to ask.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Remember the meme about Total War game deciding to censor "rear end" in Nasser and making it even worse?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Wasn’t there also a thing about how Overwatch’s voice detection system was banning Japanese players for saying “Run, run, run”

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
That mage secret feels like it's gonna enable some busted combo.

E: holy poo poo, just saw mantle shaper. Aka Corridor creeper 2.0. That's gonna eat a nerf for sure.

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 15, 2024

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Doji Sekushi posted:

That mage secret feels like it's gonna enable some busted combo.

I dunno, it requires the opponent to leave up the OP minion and it's super easy to check for by leaving a tiny minion on the board.

I think 90% of the time it's going to be triggering on the 4 mana 3/5 that plays two secrets, which seems underwhelming at best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I dunno, it requires the opponent to leave up the OP minion and it's super easy to check for by leaving a tiny minion on the board.

I think 90% of the time it's going to be triggering on the 4 mana 3/5 that plays two secrets, which seems underwhelming at best

Ah poo poo yeah I misunderstood it, I thought it was from hand. Sorry, I've been enjoying bourbon on this fine MLK day.

E: my point on the new corridor creeper still stands though.

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 15, 2024